Next Manager Discussion Thread

superallysbears

18 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Dyche would be a great appointment. Not sure we could afford him? And would he want back to the EPL quick smart?

Not so sure, there's been a few opportunities for him since he left Burnley and he's still out of work.

Think he would make us extremely difficult to beat while also still giving the best opportunity to colak as target man.

2 hours ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Knutsen took a side in Bodo-Glimt that weren't fancied to 2 league titles. This season but results have dropped.

I keep seeing this as a reason to steer clear of Knutsen, but the fact is it is a miracle he even had them challenging in the first place. Finishing 2nd for Bodo/Glimt would have been seen as a fucking miracle before he managed them, yet it is viewed as a disaster now because how well he has done.

2 minutes ago, stevemac said:

Not so sure, there's been a few opportunities for him since he left Burnley and he's still out of work.

Think he would make us extremely difficult to beat while also still giving the best opportunity to colak as target man.

Sounds fucking great mate.

4 hours ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Knutsen is an interesting one as a coach, because he’s clearly rated, but the fact that nobody has appointed him yet is a bit of a red flag. Usually when somebody emerges like he did last season they aren’t at whatever club it is for long.

I imagine every club who has considered him has been waiting for someone else to take the gamble first. Premier League, Bundesliga etc probably want him to try his arm at a better league that Norway first. I reckon a top Dutch or Belgian side or a team like us would be his next best step and would allow the top leagues to see how well his system translates to other leagues.

It would absolutely be a gamble but I think it would pay off.

1 minute ago, Skyson1872 said:

I imagine every club who has considered him has been waiting for someone else to take the gamble first. Premier League, Bundesliga etc probably want him to try his arm at a better league that Norway first. I reckon a top Dutch or Belgian side or a team like us would be his next best step and would allow the top leagues to see how well his system translates to other leagues.

The problem is who isn't a gamble at this stage? Can anyone suggest someone who would come into the club and hit the ground running. 

At the end of the day the manager will be sacked so Ross Wilson and the board keep the flack away from them but the next manager will have to suffer the same shite of having no money to spend even though we bring in tons of money and a DOF who's recruitment has been patchy at best.

Just now, The Specky Liar said:

Not sure why you're sarcastically saying that, surely any football supporter wnats their team to be hard to beat.

We're going to go round in circles here a bit - I prefer my team to be hard to beat by playing fast attacking pleasing on the eye football.

Not by playing centre halves as full backs and full backs as wingers.

26 minutes ago, Skyson1872 said:

I keep seeing this as a reason to steer clear of Knutsen, but the fact is it is a miracle he even had them challenging in the first place. Finishing 2nd for Bodo/Glimt would have been seen as a fucking miracle before he managed them, yet it is viewed as a disaster now because how well he has done.

It's possible he's taken them as far as he can.

A team like that is only every going to be able to punch above it's weight for so long. 

I think he would be a good manager for us. It's a risk but is there anyone out there that doesn't come with one available to us.

28 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

We're going to go round in circles here a bit - I prefer my team to be hard to beat by playing fast attacking pleasing on the eye football.

Not sure why you've said that.

40 minutes ago, Skyson1872 said:

I think he’s probably quite a good coach, but like stepps boy has said a few times does he have the personality? 

I think a good “head coach” type could work if we had a strong DOF or MD, but we don’t have that either :lol:

1 hour ago, stuart1994 said:

There’s absolutely no doubt he’s a top coach, to keep Burnley in that league for as long with the budget and squad he had. Can’t be a diddy and do that for so long. 

He's a Martin ONeill, without the ugly bigotry. So in that sense, a compliment. He could easily create a winning team in Scotland. 

47 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

We would be a far better team even with the current squad with dyche in charge.

Would he be my first pick? Probably not, but he's absolutely the best out of the potential names banded around. In my opinion of course.

He certainly wouldnt be my first choise but I actually really like Sean Dyche and the job he did at Burnley was fantastic.

His football isn't exactly easy on the eye but there is a structure and everyone is coached well and knows their role in attack and defence.

There's a hell of a lot worse than Sean Dyche out there.