Tav

Number5

2 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Very poor. Seems its not injury related but that he's just ran out of gas. We have had a very good return on him but must now be looking to his replacement.

Need to draw up a succession plan where we are looking at somebody who is 20-22 to come in this Summer, rotate with Tav for a season with Tav then becoming the experienced, veteran back up to the younger full back either during or for the season after.

9 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I don't care how many penalties he has scored and I don't care what the success rate is. He has missed 13 penalties! It's time to give someone else a try (Tillman). And while you are at, hand over the armband as well.

Surely penalty success rate is the only thing that matters?

Couldn’t make the game today for family reasons so had to watch on tv. Did anyone notice that after the game when the camera panned to him in front of the union bears there was arguing going on? Like he was getting abuse and wasn’t happy. 

Totally agree about succession planning  in that possession. It’s February now so it’s not a dip in form or carrying a knock anymore. It maybe that he’s regressing which can happen. If Devine isn’t the answer then we need someone who can come in next year and share minutes with Tav with a view to overtaking him.

4 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Be interesting to know how many he’s actually taken for us. Must be 60-70 at this point.

Scored 49, missed 11 - so 82%.

In the League it's 35 scored, 6 missed - 85%.

Funnily enough the one competition where he has a bad record is the Scottish cup - scored 2 missed 3.

Just now, nik2402 said:

Could make the game today for gaming reasons so had to watch on tv. Did anyone notice that after the game when the camera panned to him in front of the union bears there was arguing going on? Like he was getting abuse and wasn’t happy. 

Totally agree about succession planning  in that possession. It’s February now so it’s not a dip in form or carrying a knock anymore. It maybe that he’s regressing which can happen. If Devine isn’t the answer then we need someone who can come in next year and share minutes with Tav with a view to overtaking him.

It looked like he was wanting to go over the union bears ( to applaud I would imagine ) and was directed away by club officials . He done post match interview pretty much right away so maybe they were ushering him to do the interview . Just a guess 

8 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Need to draw up a succession plan where we are looking at somebody who is 20-22 to come in this Summer, rotate with Tav for a season with Tav then becoming the experienced, veteran back up to the younger full back either during or for the season after.

RB and goalie both need sorted in the summer.

Just now, Somemightsay7 said:

Surely penalty success rate is the only thing that matters?

His penalty stats are starting to mask his performance in all honesty. A lot of "Aye he's been pish recently but he's bagged a load of goals overall". 

Penalty success rate is good but they don't tell the story of the other 85 minutes of the match he played pish. I initially thought it was injury related but honestly I don't think he's cut out for captains armband anymore. He's just no been right for months now. 

9 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Adam Devine has to be given the opportunity to show his quality at right back before we go into the market imop 

Just now, Craiggybear said:

His penalty stats are starting to mask his performance in all honesty. A lot of "Aye he's been pish recently but he's bagged a load of goals overall". 

Penalty success rate is good but they don't tell the story of the other 85 minutes of the match he played pish. I initially thought it was injury related but honestly I don't think he's cut out for captains armband anymore. He's just no been right for months now. 

Oh I agree, his performances have been shit. I just don't think who is taking our penalties is the biggest issue right now.

He needs a couple weeks out with Devine coming in. He pretty much is never rested.

12 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

He’s already at Ibrox.

23 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I don't care how many penalties he has scored and I don't care what the success rate is. He has missed 13 penalties! It's time to give someone else a try (Tillman). And while you are at, hand over the armband as well.

Messi’s missed about 30 but I still wouldn’t change the penalty taker.

Just now, Somemightsay7 said:

Oh I agree, his performances have been shit. I just don't think who is taking our penalties is the biggest issue right now.

He needs a couple weeks out with Devine coming in. He pretty much is never rested.

Shouldn’t have been any reason for him to start today. We made harder work of it than it needed to be, but in reality if Devine can’t even be trusted to start a game at home against mid table championship opposition then what’s the point in him being here because barring injury he’s got no chance of playing in games against better teams.

7 minutes ago, nik2402 said:

Couldn’t make the game today for family reasons so had to watch on tv. Did anyone notice that after the game when the camera panned to him in front of the union bears there was arguing going on? Like he was getting abuse and wasn’t happy. 

As soon as we allowed Thistle to score a goal the UB put their banner away and didn't react to the game at all.

They stayed until the end and all asked for Tav to come over and he didn't. They then reacted fairly angrily. 

16 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Fully agree with this.

Just now, GabrielTomato said:

As soon as we allowed Thistle to score a goal the UB put their banner away and didn't react to the game at all.

They stayed until the end and all asked for Tav to come over and he didn't. They then reacted fairly angrily. 

Looked on TV like a club rep told him he had to go and do the TV interview and he wasn’t happy because he wanted to go over to them 

2 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Not convinced. See my post above. If he’s not even trusted to start today then what does that say about his long term prospects at the club? 

Nothing. I don’t see a Beale starting 11 without both Tav and Goldson.

Re Devine, I’m not convinced he’s the right man to be our right back going forward. I’m convinced he’s worth a shot, though.

2 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

Aw, the poor wee lambs.

Just now, GabrielTomato said:

Interesting. 

He normally does have time for them so that would maybe make sense.

Yeah I was puzzled when I seen the exchange between Tav and the club rep then he was doing the interview about 30 seconds later