Kent

Number5

His goal record is similar to wingers like McCann and Kanchelskis for us but we don’t just ignore their assists 😂

But in all seriousness. Wish Beale would just tell him to get in the box and on the end of crosses at the back post. Bunch of easy goals to be had there

9 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

His goal record is similar to wingers like McCann and Kanchelskis for us but we don’t just ignore their assists 😂

But in all seriousness. Wish Beale would just tell him to get in the box and on the end of crosses at the back post. Bunch of easy goals to be had there

That's one thing we don't get with him that would be beneficial with another winger/inside ten.

48 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

He's not direct? How often do you see him either taking a man on or cutting inside and getting a shot away? He's one of very few players we have who will have a go at an opponent. He also does get to the byline. Seen it a few times this season where he gets there and sinks it back post. Also seen him getting to the byline and cutting it back or turning back in on himself similar to Ryan Jack's goal in the OF.

He's not direct no, gets the ball 40 yards from goal drops the shoulder, does a stepover and passes it 5 yards more often than not

25 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

If he was capable of doing that he would.

4 minutes ago, The Specky Non Liar - Sometimes said:

He's not direct no, gets the ball 40 yards from goal drops the shoulder, does a stepover and passes it 5 yards more often than not

"More often than not". That's one of his biggest issues is he's not consistent but he also does sometimes beat a man and get to the byline. He also does sometimes beat a man and have a pop. He also does sometimes create. He has that ability but doesn't do it enough. He mostly does try to move forward when he picks the ball up hence why he can be direct. I'm in no way saying Kent is brilliant or is worth half what we paid for him but he's also nowhere near as bad as some people make out.

3 hours ago, OrangeRab said:

You reckon not one manager has told him to get to the back post when Tav is on the ball?

It’s the most obvious thing for any wide player to do and yet I can barely remember him making back post runs. Shootings a fuckin disaster, if anything it’s got worse.

17 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

You reckon not one manager has told him to get to the back post when Tav is on the ball?

It’s the most obvious thing for any wide player to do and yet I can barely remember him making back post runs. Shootings a fuckin disaster, if anything it’s got worse.

Replace “tell” with “coach” then. Fuck it “demand”

I thought we’d get more of it under Beale. Sure as fuck weren’t getting it under the Gio horseshoe. Asking his wingers to stand on the byeline just inside the opposition half. The player heat maps were the furthest thing from back post tap ins 😂

6 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

I thought we’d get more of it under Beale. Sure as fuck weren’t getting it under the Gio horseshoe. Asking his wingers to stand on the byeline just inside the opposition half. The player heat maps were the furthest thing from back post tap ins 😂

After 3 different managers I think it's safe to say Kent's lack of ability to get in at the back post is on him.

Sakala, as limited as he is, really shows the benefits of a player out wide who does get in to the back post. We would be far better balanced it we had two wide players who could do that. I think that's why the tarriers are dominating teams mostly. They have the likes of abada and Jota coming inside. We should be doing the same. Leave the fullbacks to occupy the wide areas. Maybe that's two new players in those positions we need.

22 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Wingers can stay wide in the build up and still make a run to the back post. Gerrard played with 10s and he’s had a free reign good amount of time under Beale.

You seem to be blaming everycunt bar the person who’s fault it is.

17 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Wingers can stay wide in the build up and still make a run to the back post. Gerrard played with 10s and he’s had a free reign good amount of time under Beale.

You seem to be blaming everycunt bar the person who’s fault it is.

Ha it can be both. All 3 of our centre mids COULD get into the box and score. But they don’t. Part of that is ability. Part of that is shape, coaching, tactics.

3 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Ha it can be both. All 3 of our centre mids COULD get into the box and score. But they don’t. Part of that is ability. Part of that is shape, coaching, tactics.

Under Beale and Gerrard the wider centre mids had to fill in for the full backs when attacking. I’m genuinely lost for a specific reason why you don’t see Ryan Kent at the back post.

3 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Under Beale and Gerrard the wider centre mids had to fill in for the full backs when attacking. I’m genuinely lost for a specific reason why you don’t see Ryan Kent at the back post.

Ha well that was why I posted I wish we would see our wingers at the back post more… Rather than the primary function being to make space for the overlapping full backs.

I also want the same from our midfield. Of course when a full back goes forward then someone needs to drop. But I’m sure against Ross county at home just one midfielder is enough to drop in and cover the advanced full back. Our midfield contributes a fraction of goals that they get from their midfield.

So more bodies in the box with smart late runs all round would be great.  So partly tactical, partly ability

1 minute ago, OrangeRab said:

Ha well that was why I posted I wish we would see our wingers at the back post more… Rather than the primary function being to make space for the overlapping full backs.

I also want the same from our midfield. Of course when a full back goes forward then someone needs to drop. But I’m sure against Ross county at home just one midfielder is enough to drop in and cover the advanced full back. Our midfield contributes a fraction of goals that they get from their midfield.

So more bodies in the box with smart late runs all round would be great.  So partly tactical, partly ability

Tav does it, Sakala does it, Tillman does it, Roofe does it. Kent doesn't.

7 minutes ago, The Specky Non Liar - Sometimes said:

Tav does it, Sakala does it, Tillman does it, Roofe does it. Kent doesn't.

So if Sakala can do it I’d hope Kent who is much better technically could be coached to. Providing the manager wants him to do it 👍

44 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Think there's some very good points in there. I've always said we don't get enough goals from midfield and wide and it hampers us. The two holding mids seems a bit overkill and unnecessary at times. Were so adamant at times to get the ball out wide and put crosses in yet there are no late runners from midfield and often it's into a packed box with 4 defenders against one striker.

12 hours ago, The Specky Non Liar - Sometimes said:

Imagine anyone with a single brain cell thinking that anyone would judge a footballer who's been here 5 seasons on a single game :lol: 

If on here is the barometer, there has been a small group including you, @ForeverAndEver, @SPWF, @BigBearButt, @Rangers_no1 @The Godfather and possibly a couple of others who have hated Kent as a player for a couple of years.

There a loads of other posters who turned against him following the last OF game.

Plenty will change their minds if he's unplayable against them next week, though not that core of you.

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

If on here is the barometer, there has been a small group including you, @ForeverAndEver, @SPWF, @BigBearButt, @Rangers_no1 @The Godfather and possibly a couple of others who have hated Kent as a player for a couple of years.

There a loads of other posters who turned against him following the last OF game.

Plenty will change their minds if he's unplayable against them next week, though not that core of you.

Because he’s rotten. His performance in the last Old Firm was par for the course. People just didn’t want to see it because he’s had the odd decent game against them in about 20, and he “punched” Scott Brown. It’s a shame the wider support is only now waking up to it because if he hadn’t been given such an easy ride over the years maybe he’d have knuckled down and gave us at least one full season of good displays. Instead he’s coasted serving us up mediocrity week after week. Cannot fucking wait to see him gone. 

1 minute ago, SPWF said:

Because he’s rotten. His performance in the last Old Firm was par for the course. People just didn’t want to see it because he’s had the odd decent game against them in about 20, and he “punched” Scott Brown. It’s a shame the wider support is only now waking up to it because if he hadn’t been given such an easy ride over the years maybe he’d have knuckled down and gave us at least one full season of good displays. Instead he’s coasted serving us up mediocrity week after week. Cannot fucking wait to see him gone. 

"He's rotten" is fucking wild tbh.