Top 10 Players from 'The Journey'?

31 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

We didn’t win an away league game until Clyde which was late October. Losing to Stirling Albion while their manager was getting married had to be the ultimate low.

Grim looking back honestly. Still fucks me off that we didn't take advantage and try to bleed through decent youngsters with a few experienced players around them, instead brought in shite like Cribari and Sandaza 🤮

8 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

Grim looking back honestly. Still fucks me off that we didn't take advantage and try to bleed through decent youngsters with a few experienced players around them, instead brought in shite like Cribari and Sandaza 🤮

We did try

1 minute ago, G.E.C. said:

Perry, Hutton and Cole were a bunch of wasters.

I thought Hutton was going to be an excellent player for us. He had a lot of good attributes but just didn’t have a footballing brain at the end of the day. Also broke his leg after 1st season in division 3.

15 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Kris Boyd deserves a place on the worst ten list. He was beyond awful when he came back, even more so considering how many goals he scored the season before.

Scored a fair few after he left anaw, a double against us just before Christmas one year :megaanguish:

2 hours ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

How grim was “the journey” by the way?  It’s a bit mad when you look back at the state of our squads (mainly division 3 and League 1) and you had people still thinking we should/could win the Scottish & League cups.

I was in Australia for most of it so I had to watch that shit at 4am on a dodgy stream on my laptop.

38 minutes ago, MaddistonKnight said:

McCulloch was rank rotten in the Championship. Clueless at centre half. Darren MacGregor being played at RB to accommodate him was a disgrace. Warburton dumped him straight away.

Sure Darren McGregor was voted player of the season in the Championship first time round. Says it all really. 

2 hours ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

How grim was “the journey” by the way?  It’s a bit mad when you look back at the state of our squads (mainly division 3 and League 1) and you had people still thinking we should/could win the Scottish & League cups.

Losing at home v Annan was pretty grim that division 3 season

Absolutely baltic day, 33,000 Saturday attendance and people leaving in droves at half time

Andy little v 11 part timers 

Always liked him as a player, think he came back as a pundit for RTV ?

2 hours ago, The Specky Liar said:

We did try

I know there was some effort, and the majority of the youth players available through the academy weren't good enough, or were taken away from us.

But I feel like more money could have been put into the youth structure at that time, try and hoover up the best young talent that was on offer from the Championship and Premiership and push from there.

The scouting etc was horrendous at that time, but looking back - with us at the bare bones, we got what we got.