General Transfer Talk

Broxi

10 minutes ago, Tao said:

That whole 'academy' system needs to be scrapped. 

There has to be a better way. 

Improved analytic approach combine with bolstered scouting teams. 

The failure rates ruin the cost effectiveness. 

We made £16m off one sale from the academy.

Just now, The Specky Non Liar - Sometimes said:

We made £16m off one sale from the academy.

16M is debatable. 

The 20-year-old moves to Goodison Park for around £11.5m plus add-ons - which is a record fee received by Rangers.

NP

In how many years though? 

What does it cost to run?

Funds are always at a premium. 

Some clubs are ditching their academies in favor of a more mature B team structure...which may be an option.

I personally think Rangers would be best served employing better analytics.

The club is not a community charity.

1 minute ago, Tao said:

16M is debatable. 

The 20-year-old moves to Goodison Park for around £11.5m plus add-ons - which is a record fee received by Rangers.

NP

Some clubs are ditching their academies in favor of a more mature B team structure...which may be an option.

We had a 'b team like structure' with the international friendlies and clearly didn't think it was working.

Have absolutely no clue what the charity bit is all about.

8 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Neither had scored 41 goals in 2 seasons in the Championship

I think you’re overestimating the championship, it’s not la liga or the bundesliga, of course we can attract championship players especially if they are last year of their contract. 

7 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

I think you’re overestimating the championship, it’s not la liga or the bundesliga, of course we can attract championship players especially if they are last year of their contract. 

A guy who’s scored that number of goals is probably going to attract interest from a number of clubs and move for a fee that’s a lot higher than we can afford, even if we take his contract situation into account.

I think it would be a massive gamble for the club given the fee would likely be 7 million ish. His record is decent but not exceptional. There are 12 players with more goals per minute (with over 10 goals). And he has basically the fewest assists out of any of the top 20 scorers. Looks like he’s very much a player in the mould of a Colak.

Theres a bit of a tendency to overrate the league imo. There’s obviously a few guys who are class like Gyokeres who will move to the Prem. But also quite a few average players who can bag 20 goals a season playing as the main striker.

We should continue to try and use the cross border loophole to sign out of contract players like Bassey and Aribo. But not convinced spending large chunks of the budget is a good strategy in such a saturated market

1 minute ago, OrangeRab said:

I think it would be a massive gamble for the club given the fee would likely be 7 million ish. His record is decent but not exceptional. There are 12 players with more goals per minute (with over 10 goals). And he has basically the fewest assists out of any of the top 20 scorers. Looks like he’s very much a player in the mould of a Colak.

Theres a bit of a tendency to overrate the league imo. There’s obviously a few guys who are class like Gyokeres who will move to the Prem. But also quite a few average players who can bag 20 goals a season playing as the main striker.

We should continue to try and use the cross border loophole to sign out of contract players like Bassey and Aribo. But not convinced spending large chunks of the budget is a good strategy in such a saturated market

Is statto fae fantasy football your dad?

5 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Which average strikers have done it in back to back seasons?

8 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

A guy who’s scored that number of goals is probably going to attract interest from a number of clubs and move for a fee that’s a lot higher than we can afford, even if we take his contract situation into account.

Depends what the top fee we can pay this summer is tbh, if we are going to push the boat out on any position this season then it should be a striker, I can’t see him going for much more than £5m given his contract and Swansea financial situation tbh. 

4 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Depends what the top fee we can pay this summer is tbh, if we are going to push the boat out on any position this season then it should be a striker, I can’t see him going for much more than £5m given his contract and Swansea financial situation tbh. 

Think you would be looking at at least 8 million for him.

34 minutes ago, Tao said:

16M is debatable. 

NP

Who’s ditching their academy?

10 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Cunts like Carol Vorderman on Countdown with the amount of stats and numbers he pulls out his arse :lol:

Takes 5 seconds to google.. And helps have a sensible, informed player discussion. Only morons would discuss a player and ban all use of stats. They’re pretty fucking important 

But talking of pulling stats out your arse. 8 million you just made up 😂