What players has Michael Beale improved since arriving?

1 minute ago, The Specky Non Liar - Sometimes said:

A competent director of football should have been able to get £60m+ for Barisic, Kamara, Kent and Morelos

Maybe, but out of they 4 we chose to keep two of them pre 55 when we could have got maybe 30mill for both them combined, the club obviously felt keeping them would help us be successful and arguably it worked out with both the title win and the europa final, 

But last summer i think the club would have taken anything for they 4, but we only had a deal for kamara in place which fell through, kent and morelos werent sought after last summer unless it was kept well secret which id find hard to believe given the way the club "leaks" its info

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

Maybe, but out of they 4 we chose to keep two of them pre 55 when we could have got maybe 30mill for both them combined, the club obviously felt keeping them would help us be successful and arguably it worked out with both the title win and the europa final, 

But last summer i think the club would have taken anything for they 4, but we only had a deal for kamara in place which fell through, kent and morelos werent sought after last summer unless it was kept well secret which id find hard to believe given the way the club "leaks" its info

Aye, that's completely different from what you said though that Gerrard built a squad nobody wanted.

Last season we could have easily shifted Kent off the back of his European performances

Just now, The Specky Non Liar - Sometimes said:

Aye, that's completely different from what you said though that Gerrard built a squad nobody wanted.

Last season we could have easily shifted Kent off the back of his European performances

Well given that since gerrard left we have sold 2, almost sold one and are left with the rest id say what i said was pretty accurate

And even then when gerrard left bassey wasnt a 25mill player, 

If we could easily have shifted kent on the back of his euro performances then why didnt we? There was absolutely no hint of a move for kent last summer, unless as i said, the club kept it well hidden in which case aye they fucked it

This isnt a defence of the board either btw, they are at fault as much as gerrard for the squad of losers we have

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Well given that since gerrard left we have sold 2, almost sold one and are left with the rest id say what i said was pretty accurate

And even then when gerrard left bassey wasnt a 25mill player, 

If we could easily have shifted kent on the back of his euro performances then why didnt we? There was absolutely no hint of a move for kent last summer, unless as i said, the club kept it well hidden in which case aye they fucked it

This isnt a defence of the board either btw, they are at fault as much as gerrard for the squad of losers we have

Because the people making the decisions at the club are fucking useless and we obviously thought he was worth more staying for another season than what we could have got with a year left

4 minutes ago, The Specky Non Liar - Sometimes said:

Because the people making the decisions at the club are fucking useless and we obviously thought he was worth more staying for another season than what we could have got with a year left

Basically this. The club probably thought he was worth £15 million and they could pull a Goldson with the contract. 

I don’t believe we couldn’t have got 5 million minimum for Kent after his performances against dortmund. Unless we are really shite at selling players

Worst case we should have been able to get 5 million a piece for Kent, Morelos and kamara.

On top of the 15 we spent, that shd have been enough to put a good dent in the rebuild with a competent DoF and scouting team 

2 minutes ago, left winger said:

A miracle worker would have struggled to get £60m+

Was a typo, meant to be £50m

At their peak Barisic £8m, Kamara £12m, Morelos £15m and Kent £15m are all very realistic valuations of those players

1 minute ago, OrangeRab said:

Basically this. The club probably thought he was worth £15 million and they could pull a Goldson with the contract. 

I don’t believe we couldn’t have got 5 million minimum for Kent after his performances against dortmund. Unless we are really shite at selling players

They might very well have got 5mill, however for a guy who consistently posts figures, do you think taking a 2mill loss on a player is a better option than keeping him and hoping he replicates his euro performances and we qualify for the CL (we did) and win the league granting auto qualification for the CL (we certainly didnt 

Hell you wanted to give kent his pay rise because its easier than replacing him, now you say the board should have taken a loss on him last summer

1 minute ago, OrangeRab said:

celtic got up to £10million for Juranovic who is 27 and very very average on the back of getting the piss ripped out of him by Sakala

Tarriers sold a player who won the same amount of domestic trophies in a year that barisic has won in 5, and its the same for the rest of their players

Clubs arent daft, they've seen the likes of kent and morelos win 2 trophies in 5 years (6 for morelos) and have seen them countless times shit the bed, its the same for tav and the rest, clubs arent going to bid big for our players who have shown time and again that they are fucking losers

7 minutes ago, The Specky Non Liar - Sometimes said:

At their peak Barisic £8m, Kamara £12m, Morelos £15m and Kent £15m are all very realistic valuations of those players

Ambitious for Kent, i reckon, but fair enough for the others.

5 minutes ago, The Specky Non Liar - Sometimes said:

Maybe a bit but I think a DOF who was good at their job should have been able to get an English club to bite at that

Possibly, but probs a bit unfair on a dof, when it's the managers and coaching staff whose performances will be more relevant in determining the fees a team may offer. Although, I do accept the dof's input into manager appointments.

34 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

They might very well have got 5mill, however for a guy who consistently posts figures, do you think taking a 2mill loss on a player is a better option than keeping him and hoping he replicates his euro performances and we qualify for the CL (we did) and win the league granting auto qualification for the CL (we certainly didnt 

Hell you wanted to give kent his pay rise because its easier than replacing him, now you say the board should have taken a loss on him last summer

I did. Once a players contract has run out. I would have offered him a 2 year deal. At 30k that’s maybe 10-15k a week more than a replacement. So costs you a million over a few years to have Kent. (Ideally off the bench as you sign 2 better players).

That’s massively different than accepting losing a player for nothing when you could have taken 5million plus for him? And now having to spend on a replacement 

Allowing valuable players to run their contracts down is criminal. No excuses

36 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

I did. Once a players contract has run out. I would have offered him a 2 year deal. At 30k that’s maybe 10-15k a week more than a replacement. So costs you a million over a few years to have Kent. (Ideally off the bench as you sign 2 better players).

That’s massively different than accepting losing a player for nothing when you could have taken 5million plus for him? And now having to spend on a replacement 

Allowing valuable players to run their contracts down is criminal. No excuses

And giving same player double wages to sign on a new deal with no guarantees of flogging him is equally criminal

10 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

It really is, 

Haha. Aye losing a player for nothing that you could have sold for 10 million (or whatever you think we could have got for them). Is the same as offering a new player a deal for an extra 10k a week. Over 2 years that’s 1 million extra.And you save on a transfer fee for a new player. But aye. Equally criminal 😂

1 hour ago, OrangeRab said:

Haha. Aye losing a player for nothing that you could have sold for 10 million (or whatever you think we could have got for them). Is the same as offering a new player a deal for an extra 10k a week. Over 2 years that’s 1 million extra.And you save on a transfer fee for a new player. But aye. Equally criminal 😂

And who do we sell him to? Tell us about all these bids that we were swamped with for kent

All we know of is leeds interest pre title win, and just like morelos, if we sell him then its very arguable that we dont get 55 and dont have seville, 

Since summer of '20 we've had no bids for either, but youd happily spend another 3mill in wages on kent even though he isnt good enough in the vain hope we either sell him or he gets his finger out

If rather keep scott wright this summer over kent, wrights cameo yesterday was better than most of kents performances this season

15 hours ago, The Specky Non Liar - Sometimes said:

I think you're being very ambitious with your figures. You're also relying on us being able to tell the future and know when they had peaked. Given they pretty much all peaked during the same season there would have been uproar if we sold them all at the same time.

celtic got £8m for Juranovic after a good World Cup where he started every game, got to the semi finals and was praised. Barisic has rarely ever been a starter for Croatia. In his peak season (probably 2021 - after a terrible 19/20) he started 3 of 14 Croatia games and didn't start any in the Euros.

Kent the best offer we ever got was around £10m and I think we would have struggled to ever get more than £8m for Kamara.

I think best case you're talking £35-40m, but even that relies on us selling them all at the same time and knowing they would drop off.

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

And who do we sell him to? Tell us about all these bids that we were swamped with for kent

All we know of is leeds interest pre title win, and just like morelos, if we sell him then its very arguable that we dont get 55 and dont have seville, 

Since summer of '20 we've had no bids for either, but youd happily spend another 3mill in wages on kent even though he isnt good enough in the vain hope we either sell him or he gets his finger out

If rather keep scott wright this summer over kent, wrights cameo yesterday was better than most of kents performances this season

That’s just very naive with respect to how transfers work. We won’t know what bids there were or weren’t. But it’s not a one way street. A lot of the time you don’t have to wait for a bid to come in. Clubs are constantly speaking with agents on a daily basis. If we wanted to sell Kent, Morelos, Kamara we could have put them in the shop window. 

We might not have got the premium prices the club expected at their peak. But we should have been prepared to accept a lower bid rather than letting their contracts run to 0