Euro Squad for Next Year

3 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

And how many of they players will get the same wage at another club, agents and players arent daft, if lundstram for example was told to find a new club, and his agent found him one or two but 25% less wages, you think he'll take that hit? 

To stick with Lundstram, if said club told us they'd only take him on a free while we're looking at getting a fee for him,  folk would piss and moan about us undervaluing players etc

1 minute ago, GA1972 said:

It’s better to go with a trimmed squad than signing complete shite just for the sake of filling Euro squad slots. We’ve missed the boat on guys like Ferguson, Hickey, Doig that would’ve been good enough. Shite like Nisbet and Shankland aren’t going to have any impact in a European game 

Surely having Nisbet sitting on the bench instead of Colak would be beneficial as it would free up a space to bring in a shit hot player to start the game?

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

To stick with Lundstram, if said club told us they'd only take him on a free while we're looking at getting a fee for him,  folk would piss and moan about us undervaluing players etc

People clearly want to replace Ross Wilson with Martin Bain.

I'm utterly convinced that the same people moaning at the idea of signing home grown players are also going to be fuming when we only add about 2 more players after Butland, Cifuentes and Sterling.

Calling for a much more streamlined squad, they squealing for a stronger squad the moment we get a couple of injuries.

7 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Surely having Nisbet sitting on the bench instead of Colak would be beneficial as it would free up a space to bring in a shit hot player to start the game?

I’m just not a fan of Nisbet and he looks like a taig 

1 minute ago, Blueshoff said:

Would rather win the league for the next couple of seasons and just get by in Europe rather than get embarrassed in both competitions with a squad of home grown dross.

Would that not be easier if you let your best players concentrate on the league and brought on homegrown players in Europe?

Or do we just win the league by exhausting our small squad and getting them to play huge amounts of football with little rotation.

I suppose we could sell moves to some top players by telling them, don't worry, our plan is to register you for the league, but we won't register or play you in those pesky European competitions.

1 minute ago, PromDeAnglais said:

Some cunts being playing too much FM. 

We'll have no problems with the quota. We're not going to have 25 senior players next season or anything like it. 

???

I've listed a squad of 23 on the OP with pretty much no space for anyone to leave without being backfilled, and still not even included backfills for Kent or Morelos on it.

Just now, mitre_mouldmaster said:

???

I've listed a squad of 23 on the OP with pretty much no space for anyone to leave without being backfilled, and still not even included backfills for Kent or Morelos on it.

There's a lot more leaving buddy. A lot more. Not sure people realise there's another 5 or 6 out the door in the next month.

6 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Like who?

Out of your list? Davies and Colak won't be here next season, they're done. If a buyer or loan to buy is found, neither will Sakala or Matondo. A decision is to be made over Barasic and Tillman, both are likely to be not here next season. Massive clearout and exciting times ahead.

8 minutes ago, PromDeAnglais said:

Out of your list? Davies and Colak won't be here next season, they're done. If a buyer or loan to buy is found, neither will Sakala or Matondo. A decision is to be made over Barasic and Tillman, both are likely to be not here next season. Massive clearout and exciting times ahead.

9 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

but do we think that we have to bring in more Scottish or club trained players, to free up space for new signings?

I don’t get this bit? How does signing more Scottish players free up space for new signings.

The 17 limit is the 17 limit. We don’t get more for signing more Scottish players.

We can sign more non quota players if we want and just leave out the Euro squad the 2-3 shittest ones/injured/or ones that we have depth in.

The only question needing answered is. Are the current 23 players to chose from enough. Do we want to go and buy 2 more back ups just in case we are the unluckiest club in Europe with injuries.

Just now, OrangeRab said:

I don’t get this bit? How does signing more Scottish players free up space for new signings.

The 17 limit is the 17 limit. We don’t get more for signing more Scottish players.

We can sign more non quota players if we want and just leave out the Euro squad the 2-3 shittest ones/injured/or ones that we have depth in.

The only question needing answered is. Are the current 23 players to chose from enough. Do we want to go and buy 2 more back ups just in case we are the unluckiest club in Europe with injuries.

If we replace a squad player who is foreign trained, with a squad player who is domestically trained, then it frees up a slot for another player to come in who is more of an essential player.

Right now in my squad in the OP, Colak is the only recognised striker, and he was intended to be our backup.

We could go into next season in Europe with Colak as our only striker.

Or we could sell Colak and go into Europe with his replacement as our only striker.

If we however replace Colak as our backup striker with someone like Nisbet or Shankland and then use the slot that becomes available to bring in a new first choice striker, increasing the squad depth and improving our striking quality.

38 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Like who?

Wright. Kamara. Davies. All going. 

McLaughlin, Roofe, Borna and Lundstram on the if we can get an offer list.

We’ll try and ship Matondo, but might just be on loan as you’d be mental to pay him what we do. 

15 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Just for the record.

Going into next season Vs this season as it stands without signing any more domestic trained players, we would be starting with the equivalent of 3 players who are ruled out as injured for the whole season.

Just as well we are completely confident in people like Souttar to play an entire season without an injury.

9 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

If we replace a squad player who is foreign trained, with a squad player who is domestically trained, then it frees up a slot for another player to come in who is more of an essential player.

Right now in my squad in the OP, Colak is the only recognised striker, and he was intended to be our backup.

We could go into next season in Europe with Colak as our only striker.

Or we could sell Colak and go into Europe with his replacement as our only striker.

If we however replace Colak as our backup striker with someone like Nisbet or Shankland and then use the slot that becomes available to bring in a new first choice striker, increasing the squad depth and improving our striking quality.

Honestly man, give it a rest. We’re not going into Europe with one striker, and we’re not signing SPFL dross just to make the numbers up. 

1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

Wright. Kamara. Davies. All going. 

McLaughlin, Roofe, Borna and Lundstram on the if we can get an offer list.

We’ll try and ship Matondo, but might just be on loan as you’d be mental to pay him what we do. 

Did I include Wright, Kamara, McLaughlin and Roofe in my list?