A fit Souttar

kris1984

6 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

Have a feeling Souttar will be here for 8 or 9 years flitting between 2nd and 3rd choice.

i fucking hope not

he's 26 right now 8/9 years from now will make him a decrepit zimmer frame in our defence

i hope in about 3/4 years or so we are looking at a new defender and that's not even worrying about his injury problems

He’s been very solid and exactly what we need in a CB in our league I think everyone will feel more confident about him if we go through next season without him missing more than half of it through injury.

Perhaps an indication that bringing in Scottish players from our league isn’t such a bad thing to do and some of us need to stop with the snobbery that they don’t push us on. 

Didn’t want him, didn’t think he was good enough, and a few decent performances in games after the league was already done hasn’t changed that. Tbf, though, after his horrendous mistakes against them, when he just came into the team, he could easily have let his head go down and got worse. I suppose, with a good preseason, he could improve more, and be a decent squad player, but not signing a first choice cb in the summer will be a serious mistake.

11 minutes ago, left winger said:

Didn’t want him, didn’t think he was good enough, and a few decent performances in games after the league was already done hasn’t changed that. Tbf, though, after his horrendous mistakes against them, when he just came into the team, he could easily have let his head go down and got worse. I suppose, with a good preseason, he could improve more, and be a decent squad player, but not signing a first choice cb in the summer will be a serious mistake.

This is what I was thinking. Like him and wish him well.

But basically the 1 game he played in that mattered he made a huge error. That being said he had just returned from injury.

100% deserves a shot next year but at same time should be looking for a quality centre half to come in.

If nothing else hes a good scottish player at  a decent age to fit our euro quota

16 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Playing well under no pressure in dead rubber games is massively different to being what we need in a title challenge or europe

He might get a chance to prove himself, but i think we'll go for a centre half partner for goldson this summer and souttar will be backup

Albeit he lost but was superb v us in cup final last year.  Don’t think pressure is an issue for him. Seen him play very well for Scotland too. 

3 minutes ago, markem said:

Albeit he lost but was superb v us in cup final last year.  Don’t think pressure is an issue for him. Seen him play very well for Scotland too. 

Same with his passing ability. I remember in the game against them last year when Goldson played an amazing long ball in behind Souttar and Aribo scored early on, and later on in the half Souttar did a similar thing but Hearts just didn’t take advantage of it.

Ross Wilson didn’t get much right, but in terms of signing a player who could slot in for Goldson and be quite like for like in terms of stature and playing out from the back, then Souttar, who’s actually a more aggressive defender than Goldson too, was a good signing. 

Can totally understand the doubts on signing him as he missed the vast majority of the season... but if he stays fit next season and plays anywhere near the standard he's shown since the parkhead howler then it'll have been one of the few positives of 22/23. 

11 hours ago, DiamondDan said:

Guys played well in a few meaningless friendlies and all of a sudden he's better than the most reliable and best defender Rangers have had in this era? Calm doon  ffs.

The lack of appreciation Goldson gets is mental, alonside Tav (who also gets criminally under rated) he's one of very few players in recent years who would have been of the required standard for any of the good Rangers sides over the last 30/40years.

Meaningless friendlies :lol: 

Souttar has did well last few games, like the way he drives out from the back rather than playing a risky pass to put someone else under pressure, good leadership quality.

Happy if he’s 3rd CB as we have bought someone left sided better than Goldson, think we will also use a back 3 a fair bit next season.