Missed opportunity

Malkytfp1

3 minutes ago, The Specky Non Liar - Sometimes said:

We're not going to completely change the system to accomodate a player who clearly isn't rated 

If Lowry was to play he'd have to play instead of Hagi or Cantwell

Completely change our system - hardly mate.

Hagi has started instead of Matondo recently in the same way Lowry could have and we play more than one system. 

Just now, Leeds_Bear said:

Completely change our system - hardly mate.

Hagi has started instead of Matondo recently in the same way Lowry could have and we play more than one system. 

In the games Matondo has played we would have had to change the system to play Lowry instead

Just now, The Specky Non Liar - Sometimes said:

Cant stop laughing at that Sterling/Devine comparison

It's not a Sterling/Devine comparison.

No one is getting minutes ahead of Tavernier, not even in meaningless games.

Do you really think Sterling will? No chance.

The only time Patterson got a chance was when Tav was injured. 

1 minute ago, superallysbears said:

There's no young player good enough to regularly play in the first team imo, the current batch are nothing special or we would see more of them. There will be another batch and the hope is we can unearth another Nathan Patterson type that's the real deal.

I 100% think the issue is, unless a youth players come in and performs 8/10 for 2 or 3 games in a row, which is pretty unlikely, our recent management team stick to what they know and play without risk as their jobs depend on it.

There is absolutely no looking to the future in many sides. The pressure on managers to pick up points is so great that it's not worth the risk.

4 minutes ago, The Specky Non Liar - Sometimes said:

In the games Matondo has played we would have had to change the system to play Lowry instead

Except for away at Hibs, but even if your statement were completely true it doesn’t change the fact that Lowry has shown 10x more than Matondo and this was the right time to see what he has to offer. 

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

This my biggest worry for next season… I actually think we need to sell Tavernier. We need better… I know that’s not going to happen and my worry is that Beale won’t drop him, if he is off form. 

4 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I think a guy who has played 50 games in the Championship over the last two years has more of a chance of getting a game over Adam Devine 

He can play left back as well

2 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Except for away at Hibs, but even if your statement were completely true it doesn’t change the fact that Lowry has shown 10x more than Matondo and this was the right time to see what he has to offer. 

Matondo didn't play at Hibs away

4 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

I think Matondo has been poor overall but he is also a Welsh international with more experience than Lowry. Might be Beale has been using the post split games to give Matondo the mins folk want youths to get because he feels next season Matondo will have a greater impact than say Lowry.

1 minute ago, The Specky Non Liar - Sometimes said:

I think a guy who has played 50 games in the Championship over the last two years has more of a chance of getting a game over Adam Devine 

He can play left back as well

But you all missed the point. I didn't compare Devine to Sterling. I simply said Devine can't get minutes in meaningless games, so if you were Sterling, would you feel confident about getting minutes in games that matter?

Bringing on Arfield before Lowry was bizarre. I don't get the point of having youth players in the first-team setup if they don't get opportunities when there is nothing at stake.

6 minutes ago, Blues Brother said:

This my biggest worry for next season… I actually think we need to sell Tavernier. We need better… I know that’s not going to happen and my worry is that Beale won’t drop him, if he is off form. 

Tavernier still gives us more goals and assists than the players in forward positions.

Hopefully a step up in acquisitions in these areas will help, but if we sell Tav at this point, we suffer. 

4 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

But you all missed the point. I didn't compare Devine to Sterling. I simply said Devine can't get minutes in meaningless games, so if you were Sterling, would you feel confident about getting minutes in games that matter?

Bringing on Arfield before Lowry was bizarre. I don't get the point of having youth players in the first-team setup if they don't get opportunities when there is nothing at stake.

I still don't get your point. The reason Devine(and Lowry) didnt get more minutes is because the manager doesn't think they are good enough

7 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I think Matondo has been poor overall but he is also a Welsh international with more experience than Lowry. Might be Beale has been using the post split games to give Matondo the mins folk want youths to get because he feels next season Matondo will have a greater impact than say Lowry.

Could be tbf, but seen nothing from Matondo to justify that and plenty from Lowry to justify him getting minutes (in games of course don’t know about training)

8 minutes ago, The Specky Non Liar - Sometimes said:

I still don't get your point. The reason Devine(and Lowry) didnt get more minutes is because the manager doesn't think they are good enough

And that's the whole point of the thread. Some fans don't agree with Beale's assessment.

Tavernier, Jack & Matondo were rotten. If the kids are worse than that in training, then sell them!

15 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Lowry has never overly impressed me. Folk have a fascination with him but in reality if he was good enough he'd play more often than not.

That speaks volumes.

We won comfortably too

Against hearts goal by forward last season he was brilliant but said at the time his work rate back the way he was atrocious and a reason why he wouldn’t be in the team 

14 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Lowry has never overly impressed me. Folk have a fascination with him but in reality if he was good enough he'd play more often than not.

That speaks volumes.

We won comfortably too

Stupid Argument.

Barry Ferguson didn’t get a game under Walter and probably never would have had Walter stayed, it wasn’t till he was actually given a chance by Dick that people realised how good he was.

Same goes for Gattuso at Rangers.

Same goes for Andy Robertson as a tarrier youth.

Same goes for James Tavernier at Wigan & Newcastle.

Same goes for Diallo at Rangers!

I could go on…

16 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

That speaks volumes.

We won comfortably too

Debut in the cup game came on looked good and scores. Played against hearts this time last year scored and genuinely looked class. Had a couple other games that passed him by and he lacked the defensive side of the game but so did Tillman and we managed to train that aspect of the game into him. Point is a young homegrown player who had the likes of Newcastle and city sniffing about him should be able to get some game time in meaningless games and cup games. The same managers who overlook him seem to be the same managers who overlooked Mccrorie and he's shown what he is capable of.

4 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Debut in the cup game came on looked good and scores. Played against hearts this time last year scored and genuinely looked class. Had a couple other games that passed him by and he lacked the defensive side of the game but so did Tillman and we managed to train that aspect of the game into him. Point is a young homegrown player who had the likes of Newcastle and city sniffing about him should be able to get some game time in meaningless games and cup games. The same managers who overlook him seem to be the same managers who overlooked Mccrorie and he's shown what he is capable of.

Best player on the park against Livingston, came on in the cup against Dundee and got an assist. Came on against St Johnstone this season and showed just about the only bit of quality in the game.

6 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

It’s funny the people that say “well the manager obviously doesn’t rate him so he must not be that good” are the same ones slagging Sakala, Kamara, Kent, Morelos calling them dogshit and wondering why the manager is getting it wrong by consistently playing them.

Is the manager always right about Young Players but then gets it wrong regarding senior players?