Our wage bill

RangersMedia

5 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Scottish TV deal is £30m a season, think the Dutch one is €200m a season.

I think their current deal still runs for another 2 years

Ours is £30m split between 12 , theirs is about €80m split between 18 - at the end of the year, the 'big 3' in the Netherlands don't walk away with much more than we get (as it stands)

The key distinction in revenue generation currently (and historically) is centred around player sales

3 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Ours is £30m split between 12 , theirs is about €80m split between 18 - at the end of the year, the 'big 3' in the Netherlands don't walk away with much more than we get (as it stands)

The key distinction in revenue generation currently (and historically) is centred around player sales

Currently I think its €105m a year:-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_domestic_football_league_broadcast_deals_by_country

Even if the cash is being split to the other teams, it just makes the league more attractive regardless.

19 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

Dont want to tarnish all the new players yet (still think its early) but in general and for years we aren't looking in the right places and, maybe most importantly, we aren't developing our own. 

PSV tonight had 3 of their own in the starting line up, 2 who featured from the bench and 1 who was unused sub that did feature last week. We had 4 of our own there to make up numbers on the bench. Talented players who are home grown and typically cost less.

They also , along with other European nations, find it a lot easier to sign and develop young players from Africa and South America on lowish wages before selling the gems for big money.

As JBJ said above who would want to come to a backwater where the players are kicked more than the ball and where most of the coaches think tactics are little white mints

6 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Again its easy to sign the good young talent simply because scottish football is seen as a neanderthal backwater shithole of a setup 

Our scouts could be the best scouts in the world, but any player with potential for being sold at 8 figures is going to choose holland over scotland every single time

That’s definitely true.

Not to say we couldn’t do better though.

We’ve shown it can be done with Bassey and Aribo when we could exploit the cross border loophole.

But I think we’ve spent the best part of 15 million the last 2 seasons on players age of 26-28 (Dessers, Davies, Lammers, Colak etc)

Not to say that’s the wrong strategy. We don’t necessarily have the luxury of waiting to develop young players now.

But I think since Wilson generally the markets we’ve shopped in have been the saturated ones and the player profile hasn’t been conducive to big sell on fees.

13 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Could be wrong but I think the £30 million includes broadcasting the SPWL as well although I do not know their share.

25 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Their new one is the big one which starts next season.

The one they’re on currently I think is about £70 million. 

Currently we get about 7million for coming second and 8.5 for coming first. 

I think PSV won’t be much more than that (maybe a few million as it’s a more equitable split).

Huge difference going forward but for the most part they’ve funded their signings out of players sales and a good player trading model.

2 minutes ago, docspiderman said:

Could be wrong but I think the £30 million includes broadcasting the SPWL as well although I do not know their share.

According to that link I shared above, its actually only £25m at the moment. It goes up to the dizzy heights of £30m next season, and it does indeed count the women's football although I have no fucking idea where you watch that?

26 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Don't think it's anywhere near that mate. Around 80million euro a season = just under 68million pound from most of what i can find online. But then they divide by 18 teams rather than our 12. There's a good breakdown of it on Reddit....

Screenshot_20230831_001514_Reddit.thumb.jpg.2576610a4b50ddf550342559579521a2.jpg

3 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

According to that link I shared above, its actually only £25m at the moment. It goes up to the dizzy heights of £30m next season, and it does indeed count the women's football although I have no fucking idea where you watch that?

Bet you know what channel the trans league is on.... ( joke in case you take offence 😀 )

4 minutes ago, Craiggybear said:

Don't think it's anywhere near that mate. Around 80million euro a season = just under 68million pound from most of what i can find online. But then they divide by 18 teams rather than our 12. There's a good breakdown of it on Reddit....

Screenshot_20230831_001514_Reddit.thumb.jpg.2576610a4b50ddf550342559579521a2.jpg

https://editorial.uefa.com/resources/0272-145b03c04a9e-26dc16d0c545-1000/master_bm_high_res_20220203104923.pdf

Page 91 here says its defo a bit higher mate.

Its certainly higher than we (spfl) get, and its about to get much higher.

Our 2022 wage bill was £54.8 million (that would have been the equivalent of approx Euros 63 million) but that was not all for the 1st team squad it was for every employee.    Our 1st team squad wages were £37.8 million (Euros 43.5 million).   This financial year we signed 9 new players (including 1 loan)and moved on 12 players (including 2 loans).  I'm not sure if all the other clubs' wage bills include ALL staff or just players or just first team squad.

The Dutch TV deal was a 12 year deal at an average of 80 million Euros per season.  That deal would start lower than 80m and finish higher than 80m.  Probably be about 120m Euros for the last season which is 24/25.  The new Dutch TV deal is in the region of 2 billion Euros over 10 years.  That is approx £170 million per annum.

1 hour ago, CR3 said:

Danilo not being the main striker with the 6 million pound outlay and not starting against Ross County there is a bit of a shocker, while I’d probably have Roofe play Sunday. Clearly not settled in well yet? @GabrielTomato @psb07158

danilo isn't a lone striker though, the same goes for dessers and lammers, so why in gods name do we we keep signing players and not playing them in their rightful position, it's like when we signed boyd he was deadly with a striker partner beside him as for upfront on his own he was guff, if we're going to continue to playing 1 striker up front then we should have been looking at strikers that can hold the ball up and be a target man, the tactics we're using is piss poor and no use to anyone apart from the team we're playing against.

1 hour ago, psb07158 said:

Pretty sure the European money is also distributed between the 18 clubs in Holland as well, we moan about the quality of the Scottish league but until something like that is done then there is no way of it improving.

Also can't blame any player for choosing Holland or any other country over us without a big wedge coming there way, if I was offered a job abroad on roughly the same terms as I have here then I would be off tomorrow.

1 hour ago, SIRB_72 said:

Thing is they know they wont get a game here either though. There is no path to first team football unlike PSV who give players debuts at 17/18 and slowly build up their games then sell them for mad money.

Aye but that's what we did with Patterson. Granted would of liked him to stay longer, bit unfortunate he plays rb, but would of been off regardless for what we got. If he was at PSV getting sold they'd probably have held out for more, assume we needed some money coming in which didn't help. 

Gilmour would of been our best player by far, but can't blame him for leaving given we were playing diddies in the lower leagues. 

Would of been a great opportunity for Wilson with Morelos leaving, granted no clue if he'd have got a chance. 

For me it's the players who get poached at 16/17 who I'd assume have the potential given the clubs coming in for them, but aren't quite good enough for first team here when they leave. Don't know what the club can do about that. 

48 minutes ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

Pretty sure the European money is also distributed between the 18 clubs in Holland as well, we moan about the quality of the Scottish league but until something like that is done then there is no way of it improving.

Do wonder how much of a difference it would make to the standard if you had hearts, hibs and the sheep getting to the groups a few seasons in a row. See no reason they couldn't push for Europe beyond Christmas especially with the conference there now. Even the groups a few years in the row for a few of them would make a big difference. 

Do generally support the Scottish teams in Europe, bit more coin in the league and can be a good watch. Irish teams, well they'll lose anyway. 

16 minutes ago, Worlds_Most_Successful_Team said:

Do wonder how much of a difference it would make to the standard if you had hearts, hibs and the sheep getting to the groups a few seasons in a row. See no reason they couldn't push for Europe beyond Christmas especially with the conference there now. Even the groups a few years in the row for a few of them would make a big difference. 

Do generally support the Scottish teams in Europe, bit more coin in the league and can be a good watch. Irish teams, well they'll lose anyway. 

Listened to a podcast recently think it was Ewen Cameron's one were they discussed the previous years tunrover for the Scottish clubs, pretty sure it was something ridiculous like a £50m drop off between us and them to Hearts who had european group stage football to bring there finances up a little bit.

Real Madrid’s basketball wages of €41.4M are included in their wage bill. Included in Barcelona’s is €48.7M in roller hockey, handball and basketball wages. PSG’s wage bill includes their handball staff. Other teams may also have non-football sports teams included in their figures.

Mental youve got soulless money teams spending comparable amounts on diddy sports as our wage bill.