Who'd you give the job to?

RangersMedia

1 minute ago, hammer93 said:

@mitre_mouldmasterdoesn't really understand how bookies markets are formulated 

Bookies odds have zero bearing these days....take last seasons premier league Man City were short price favourites (yes they eventually won it) and Arsenal were 5th or 6th favourites, Arsenal eventually blew up but spent the majority of the season top off the league....I'm quite sure when the bookies collated their odds for that season that at no point did they see Arsenal being top of the table for any length of time

I'd imagine bookies odds are for the most part based on historical and current performance. They get more right than wrong. That's what keeps them in business.

5 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

@mitre_mouldmasterdoesn't really understand how bookies markets are formulated 

Bookies odds have zero bearing these days....take last seasons premier league Man City were short price favourites (yes they eventually won it) and Arsenal were 5th or 6th favourites, Arsenal eventually blew up but spent the majority of the season top off the league....I'm quite sure when the bookies collated their odds for that season that at no point did they see Arsenal being top of the table for any length of time

What has zero baring is the name of a club.

Being Rangers does not make us favourites. Can you give me one single fucking metric which you can point to which makes the statement that we are were favourites to win the league before the season started which is more reliable than the bookies odds on us being the second favourite?

Just one. One metric which points to us being the favourites for the league?

11 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Like I said at the start of the season, I hoped to win the league, but they had a bigger budget, a settled team and a more proven manager, so expected us to fall short.

As long as we are competitive, and showing signs of progress then we would be meeting our goal. We are however looking to be going backwards, which is why Beale is under pressure.

Fair enough in answering the question as your opinion balances your expectation that we won’t win the league.

I would say that my expectation at the start of the season was to win the league as a minimum, due to the poor start that is now questionable.

EDIT

Sorry but if we accept just being “competitive” in the league then we are truly fucked. 

1 minute ago, Roy Hobbs said:

I'd imagine bookies odds are for the most part based on historical and current performance. They get more right than wrong. That's what keeps them in business.

Nah mate what keeps bookies in buisness is the random nature of results, if favourites kept winning they would be out the game very quickly :lol:

Take football odds or a fixed odd coupon, it used to be a minimum 5 results or 4 aways....nowadays you can bet on any match for a single.....they cream it in with the shock results out there, people thinking they are buying money by placing large bets on 1/3 only for the bet to be down is common practice 

Making a market for the Scottish league is based on two teams, they odds can or should fluctuate in most seasons when both teams have winning streaks & dips in form.....if the bookies start the season with us at 5/1 then mitre maybe would be on to something, they will never be that reckless as those odds would get hammered mate

Just now, ayro said:

Fair enough in answering the question as your opinion balances your expectation that we won’t win the league.

I would say that my expectation at the start of the season was to win the league as a minimum, due to the poor start that is now questionable.

Can I ask you what metric you used for expecting us to overtake the team who just won the treble?

The team that spent more money than us in the summer?

The team who brought back a manager who had won just about everything in his first spell with the club?

What logical reason in your head did you use to think, "Yea I think this season we are so much better, or they are so much worse, that we are now favourites to go on and win the league?".

For me to change my expectations, I would require some form of evidence that something had changed that made a material impact that gave us a new advantage.

Going from them winning a treble, outspending us and bringing in a proven manager, I dont see logically how someone can look at that and go, "Yea, we are clearly now the favourites!".

Its bonkers.

Sure, I go into the season hoping we win the league, we all do. But expect it? When getting outspent and off the back of them winning a treble. Nah.

Think we'd be crazy not to ask Alameyda if he'd be interested in the job. Has won league's and cups in multiple nations and is just what we need: a proven manager with a track record of winning, none of this project coach guff.

River Plate

Primera Nacional: 2011–12

Banfield

Primera Nacional: 2013–14

Guadalajara

Liga MX: Clausura 2017

Copa MX: Apertura 2015, Clausura 2017

Supercopa MX: 2016

CONCACAF Champions League: 2018

AEK Athens

Super League Greece: 2022–23

Greek Cup: 2022–23

Individual

Primera Nacional Manager of the Year: 2011–12,[56] 2013–14[57]

Liga MX Best XI Manager: Clausura 2017[58]

Liga MX Manager of the Season: 2016–17[59]

CONCACAF Men's Football Coach of the Year: 2018[60]

Unless the gap is akin to Rodgers first time against Warburton/Pedro the expectation amongst the support is always to win the league, even if that means on paper we have to slightly punch above our weight to do so.

@mitre_mouldmaster your opinion is absolutely fair enough if you only expect us to be competitive, don't try and claim that's the expectation of the wider support though because you're absolutely miles off it.

1 minute ago, hammer93 said:

Nah mate what keeps bookies in buisness is the random nature of results, if favourites kept winning they would be out the game very quickly :lol:

Take football odds or a fixed odd coupon, it used to be a minimum 5 results or 4 aways....nowadays you can bet on any match for a single.....they cream it in with the shock results out there, people thinking they are buying money by placing large bets on 1/3 only for the bet to be down is common practice 

Making a market for the Scottish league is based on two teams, they odds can or should fluctuate in most seasons when both teams have winning streaks & dips in form.....if the bookies start the season with us at 5/1 then mitre maybe would be on to something, they will never be that reckless as those odds would get hammered mate

Over the course of a season and over many countries and many divisions there's nothing really random about it. It'll absolutely be data driven particularly in the current age. Favourites are favourites for a reason, more often than not they win, particularly over a league season, and the odds will constantly adjust in the bookies favour to cover their risk. Plus if the favourites keep winning the odds will reflect that.

11 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

What has zero baring is the name of a club.

Being Rangers does not make us favourites. Can you give me one single fucking metric which you can point to which makes the statement that we are were favourites to win the league before the season started which is more reliable than the bookies odds on us being the second favourite?

Just one. One metric which points to us being the favourites for the league?

I've just pointed out, the Scottish Market has two teams....it doesn't take Einstein to work out either of these teams will win the league, they base their odds as a very low percentage game where they cannot or won't get stung.....hence the reason Rangers were say 7/4 and not a huge price of 5/1 at the start of the season.....you are actually waffling a lot of shite as the bookies odds will change over the course of the season 

Do you genuinely think that anyone in our club thinks "I see hills have celtic at 10/11 for the league this year, oh well that's us fucked then, just play the season out and congratulate them later on"

Seriously mate take a day off, using the bookies take on this is wild especially when both teams odds are as short as they are:lol:

4 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Can I ask you what metric you used for 

We had a better ppg ratio in the league than them after beale took over last season 

They lost their manager and replaced him with a guy who had been relegated in his last post 

Theres 2 for you

Just now, hammer93 said:

I've just pointed out, the Scottish Market has two teams....it doesn't take Einstein to work out either of these teams will win the league, they base their odds as a very low percentage game where they cannot or won't get stung.....hence the reason Rangers were say 7/4 and not a huge price of 5/1 at the start of the season.....you are actually waffling a lot of shite as the bookies odds will change over the course of the season 

Do you genuinely think that anyone in our club thinks "I see hills have celtic at 10/11 for the league this year, oh well that's us fucked then, just play the season out and congratulate them later on"

Seriously mate take a day off, using the bookies take on this is wild especially when both teams odds are as short as they are:lol:

You seem to think that my argument is that "We re second favourite, so its impossible to win the league" which it of course it isnt. We are however not expected to win the league, we are expected to come second. We could come first, we could come 3rd. It is however to be expected that we come second.

Its not really hard to follow.

If Alamedya is a no go then we should absolutely consider the following in this order:

Jurgen Henn - Flora:

Meistriliiga: 2019, 2020, 2022

Estonian Cup: 2019–20

Estonian Supercup: 2020, 2021

Oliver Glassner - Unemployed: 

DFB-Pokal runner-up: 2022–23

UEFA Europa League: 2021–22

Ivalyo Petev - Ludogrets:

Bulgarian First League: 2011–12, 2012–13, 2022–23

Bulgarian B Group: 2010–11 (East)

Bulgarian Cup: 2011–12, 2022–23

Bulgarian Supercup: 2012

Jindrich Trpisovsky - Slavia:

Czech First League: 2018–19, 2019–20, 2020–21

Czech Cup: 2017–18, 2018–19, 2020–21, 2022-23

Czechoslovak Supercup: 2019

Sergei Semak - Zenit:

Russian Premier League: 2018–19, 2019–20, 2020–21, 2021–22, 2022–23

Russian Cup: 2019–2020

Russian Super Cup: 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

2 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Can I ask you what metric you used for expecting us to overtake the team who just won the treble?

The team that spent more money than us in the summer?

The team who brought back a manager who had won just about everything in his first spell with the club?

What logical reason in your head did you use to think, "Yea I think this season we are so much better, or they are so much worse, that we are now favourites to go on and win the league?".

For me to change my expectations, I would require some form of evidence that something had changed that made a material impact that gave us a new advantage.

Going from them winning a treble, outspending us and bringing in a proven manager, I dont see logically how someone can look at that and go, "Yea, we are clearly now the favourites!".

Its bonkers.

Sure, I go into the season hoping we win the league, we all do. But expect it? When getting outspent and off the back of them winning a treble. Nah.

For this particular season, I thought we would be better as we would have cleared out the deadwood and invested in the starting eleven and I thought they would be worse as they had set a very high bar that would naturally regress and a managerial change would disrupt them especially as Rodgers would not just continue someone’s else work due to his ego.

Your point regarding wages and money spent isn’t a given, look at Chelsea or Man Utd as an example over the last two years.

Whilst Rodgers had a good record previously, his team regressed every year from the first year, he was also coming off the back of relegation and no one in the EPL was considering him so no I am not as fearing of Rodgers as you are.

The season finished with a 7 point difference, with blue tinted specs we should win the 2-2 game takes that down 5 points and if we win the 3-2 at the Piggery then we win by a point 😂😂

We are in a 2 horse race similar to say Spain, Real Madrid generally spend more than Barcelona on wages and fees do you think any Barcelona fan goes into a new season hoping to win?

12 minutes ago, The Specky Non Liar - Sometimes said:

Unless the gap is akin to Rodgers first time against Warburton/Pedro the expectation amongst the support is always to win the league, even if that means on paper we have to slightly punch above our weight to do so.

@mitre_mouldmaster your opinion is absolutely fair enough if you only expect us to be competitive, don't try and claim that's the expectation of the wider support though because you're absolutely miles off it.

I dont disagree that the goal should be to win the league. Of course it should. It isnt unrealistic to aim to win the league and both the domestic cups. We are favourites bar one team in every game we would play.

It should be the goal, but that does not mean that we should literally 'expect it'. We should expect to give it a bloody good go, and beat everyone bar Celtic. Then in the game against them, make it a close game.

If we achieve that, then I dont think the manager could really be sacked for underperforming. Its one of those one syou hold up your hands and say, "Well we did what we could, lets try to do better next year".

Beale just now has us miles off this.

3 minutes ago, ayro said:

For this particular season, I thought we would be better as we would have cleared out the deadwood and invested in the starting eleven and I thought they would be worse as they had set a very high bar that would naturally regress and a managerial change would disrupt them especially as Rodgers would not just continue someone’s else work due to his ego.

Your point regarding wages and money spent isn’t a given, look at Chelsea or Man Utd as an example over the last two years.

Whilst Rodgers had a good record previously, his team regressed every year from the first year, he was also coming off the back of relegation and no one in the EPL was considering him so no I am not as fearing of Rodgers as you are.

The season finished with a 7 point difference, with blue tinted specs we should win the 2-2 game takes that down 5 points and if we win the 3-2 at the Piggery then we win by a point 😂😂

We are in a 2 horse race similar to say Spain, Real Madrid generally spend more than Barcelona on wages and fees do you think any Barcelona fan goes into a new season hoping to win?

I think that every Barca fan will go into the season hoping to win to be honest.

2 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I dont disagree that the goal should be to win the league. Of course it should. It isnt unrealistic to aim to win the league and both the domestic cups. We are favourites bar one team in every game we would play.

It should be the goal, but that does not mean that we should literally 'expect it'. We should expect to give it a bloody good go, and beat everyone bar Celtic. Then in the game against them, make it a close game.

If we achieve that, then I dont think the manager could really be sacked for underperforming. Its one of those one syou hold up your hands and say, "Well we did what we could, lets try to do better next year".

Beale just now has us miles off this.

But the majority of us do.

17 minutes ago, MillerTimeDavie said:

If Alamedya is a no go then we should absolutely consider the following in this order:

Jurgen Henn - Flora:

Meistriliiga: 2019, 2020, 2022

Estonian Cup: 2019–20

Estonian Supercup: 2020, 2021

Oliver Glassner - Unemployed: 

DFB-Pokal runner-up: 2022–23

UEFA Europa League: 2021–22

Ivalyo Petev - Ludogrets:

Bulgarian First League: 2011–12, 2012–13, 2022–23

Bulgarian B Group: 2010–11 (East)

Bulgarian Cup: 2011–12, 2022–23

Bulgarian Supercup: 2012

Jindrich Trpisovsky - Slavia:

Czech First League: 2018–19, 2019–20, 2020–21

Czech Cup: 2017–18, 2018–19, 2020–21, 2022-23

Czechoslovak Supercup: 2019

Sergei Semak - Zenit:

Russian Premier League: 2018–19, 2019–20, 2020–21, 2021–22, 2022–23

Russian Cup: 2019–2020

Russian Super Cup: 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

Any information on any of these guys tactics, philosophies, etc, or have you just pulled a bunch on names from Transfermarkt because they’ve won some stuff?

2 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Nope, many say they expect to win it when they actually mean they hope to win it.

Expectation is to consistently beat the rest, be competitive in the old firms and be in with a chance at the business end of the season.

1 minute ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Fair enough. I would be surprised if its a majority, but im not going to say the folk here are lying.

If people genuinely expect to win, I cant follow the logic but fair enough.

13 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

You seem to think that my argument is that "We re second favourite, so its impossible to win the league" which it of course it isnt. We are however not expected to win the league, we are expected to come second. We could come first, we could come 3rd. It is however to be expected that we come second.

Its not really hard to follow.

No....you have said that as a fan base we have no right to believe we can or should win the league....you have brought the bookies odds in to try and back you up:lol:

A two horse race

Cheltenham gold Cup 2008

Kauto star v Denman

Kauto is the defending champion and Denman is rock solid as form goes....the bookies make Kauto odds on favourite at 10/11 and Denman trades between 5/2-2/1

Not one person involved in racing believed that any horse other than these two could win this race

In truth the bookies were guessing who to make favourite that day....Paul Barber & Harry Findlay co owners of Denman certainly didn't rock up believing they were second best based on the bookies odds....in fact Harry Findlay was amazed that the bookies made Kauto the favourite 

The result was Denman thumped Kauto star that day....was it a shock was it fuck.....that's how two horse races are viewed by the bookmaker....it's not rocket science and certainly isn't the base to make outlandish statements whether we should expect to win the league 

3 minutes ago, The Specky Non Liar - Sometimes said:

I think they are misusing a phrase, not lying per say.

I think if pressed, many would say they expect Rangers to win the league but recognise that we would have to overachieve to do it. The points are kinda at odd with each other. If we have to overachieve to do it, then we have to exceed our expectations.