Can we win league with this squad?

MacBoyd

A huge part of a playing squad winning titles,trophies or winning important games is attitude and commitment to the cause along with confidence.

The Squad I believe is good enough to challenge for titles and trophies but there is a huge block at the club with the way we set up and a huge lack of confidence within our playing squad.If the tactics can improve we will see a huge difference on how our players play and they will enjoy the game more.

Beale really is not the man though for Rangers. Great football brain but you need more than a great football brain to be at Rangers.

It's not about being a great manager at our club with a decent background of success what's important also is being an all round good man who wants to succeed for the sake of his family and himself. Our next manager needs to have positive traits as a man outside of football and obviously inside the game.

We have no chance. 

Any semi competent manager would have addressed the defence and built from the back. 

Had a little bit of faith in Beale during the window when we were linked with Trusty and Panzo and assumed he knew we needed to get someone with a bit of pace at the back. 

However the second he signed a semi retired Balogun I knew Beale was a complete waste of space. 

When will we stop spending the first 45 minutes with Jack, Tav, Goldson, [insert name here] and Barisic dicking around with the ball and playing it back to Butland. It seems like this has been going on for years, even at times in the 55 season.

I don’t want to see another goddamned throw in from near opponents corner that is immediately played all the way back to the keeper. I’ve have had it.

3 hours ago, Bronzy said:

I’m not even confident we can win the League Cup with this squad, especially if we plan on keeping Beale.

I think we'll be bouncing by then, the Europa group has been kind to us, getting some good form 3/4 wins in that will have a positive effect in our league form and we'll take that into the Final, anything could happen so wouldn't say well 100% win it but I'm more than confident that come the 2nd time game we'll be right in the title race, have the cup in the bag and top spot secured in the Europa.

The tims won't go on the kind of run they went on under the old manager, Rodgers style struggles against a low block, they'll win enough but we'll be well in it with them.

22 hours ago, bluenoz said:

He scored 14 goals I think for Feyenoord last year in limited games and a few in preseason for them. I know he has missed a couple in close range (so has Dessers and Lammers), but he has quick feet in close quarters and looks skillful to me. When you pay £6m for someone, you must play him.

Beale is getting it from all angles, but this is the biggest conundrum for me when it comes to Beale's decisions.

It’s a conundrum indeed. Maybe he just hasn’t settled. Maybe his missus doesn’t fancy Govan and is nipping his heid? 😉😂

Whatever it is, he needs to sort it fast and get playing.

Having lost 13 players and brought in 9 new ones at reasonable expense we should be able to think we will really compete.  Having said that, with Beale seemingly clueless that thought has totally disappeared now.   Since the pre- season began I have seen no improvement in our play.  I have seen obvious lost tactical opportunities by Beale in very important games which have us out of the ECL and having dropped 6 points in only the first 4 games of the league.   It does not augur well under Beale.   I do believe other managers could have us compete with the current squad but doubt that will happen.

The team look unmotivated and confused by what they are trying to do and their roles on the pitch. Round holes, square pegs comes to mind. I don't think we can truely assess the ability of the team until we have a manager who knows what he is doing and that is not Beale.