Rugby world cup 2023

KingKirk

9 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

That’s my interest in the tournament gone now :lol:

As someone who knows fuck all about rugby yet aware Ireland is both north and south in rugby.

Do you see it as your own team as you would in football or is it different? Always wondered if those from north gave a fuck about it.

11 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

Got another potential for that tag tomorrow. Today was 1 v 4 in the f

rankings. Tomorrow is 2 v 3 plus some shite England team making up the day. 

yeah further reason why the draws fucked. expect a similar game. good for watching to be fair. dont generally get this in the football world cup/ euros until the semis, and normally upsets by then.

2 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

As I said I wanted a NZ win ( I’ve been a fan since Sean Fitzpatrick led them to their first win in 87) but no denying Ireland are a top side.

I'm more than old enough to remember Sean Fitzpatrick.

The All Blacks are the Brazil of rugby. A joy to watch.

The one thing I find embarrassing though is that rugby players get absolutely wiped out and they just get up and get on with it.

Footballers get grazed by an opponent and they are writhing about on the ground. Fucking hate it with a passion. 

Like I said,  embarrassing. 

Just now, RS4_wul said:

I'm more than old enough to remember Sean Fitzpatrick.

The All Blacks are the Brazil of rugby. A joy to watch.

The one thing I find embarrassing though is that rugby players get absolutely wiped out and they just get up and get on with it.

Footballers get grazed by an opponent and they are writhing about on the ground. Fucking hate it with a passion. 

Like I said,  embarrassing. 

Can’t agree more. I love watching football, especially live at the match, but the average modern top class footballer is a whiney, cheating ,pampered brat completely detached from the realities of living in the real world.

The word sportsmanship has no meaning for 99.9% of them. 

21 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

As someone who knows fuck all about rugby yet aware Ireland is both north and south in rugby.

Do you see it as your own team as you would in football or is it different? Always wondered if those from north gave a fuck about it.

Both sides of the community tend to support Ireland in the rugby. It’s more of a middle class sport in terms of the fanbase so it doesn’t really get political. Like Ulsters rugby team is supported by both Protestants and Catholics here aswell. Rory Best for instance captained the Ireland side for years there and he is Protestant and he was born and raised in the same town im from.

I’ll back the Irish side but I don’t lose any sleep over results, just gives me someone to watch when the tournaments are on. 

The very mention of combining the two footballing sides would start all out war though. Even the fact our national side is going to be playing games in Casement Park for the Euros in 2028 is causing uproar because it’s a Gaelic football ground that’s being rebuilt :lol:

3 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Both sides of the community tend to support Ireland in the rugby. It’s more of a middle class sport in terms of the fanbase so it doesn’t really get political. Like Ulsters rugby team is supported by both Protestants and Catholics here aswell. Rory Best for instance captained the Ireland side for years there and he is Protestant and he was born and raised in the same town im from.

I’ll back the Irish side but I don’t lose any sleep over results, just gives me someone to watch when the tournaments are on. 

The very mention of combining the two footballing sides would start all out war though. Even the fact our national side is going to be playing games in Casement Park for the Euros in 2028 is causing uproar because it’s a Gaelic football ground that’s being rebuilt :lol:

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/international/you-can-shove-casement-park-up-your-h-ni-fans-voice-opposition-to-proposed-euro-2028-stadium/a1336868464.html

Northern Ireland fans made their feelings known about plans to redevelop Casement Park during a Euro 2024 qualifying match against San Marino.

Casement has been named as one of 10 stadiums set to host games at Euro 2028 as part of a successful UK and Ireland bid.

The GAA stadium would be home to Northern Ireland matches should Michael O’Neill’s team qualify.

The Amalgamation of Official Northern Ireland Supporters’ Clubs (AONISC) has voiced concerns and DUP leader Sir Jeffrey Donaldson raised “big questions” over the plans.

Sir Jeffrey said his party would not break the principle of equitable funding for sports stadiums in Northern Ireland.

On Saturday, many Northern Ireland fans voiced their disapproval at Windsor Park as the home side defeated the visitors 3-0.

A section of fans in the Kop Stand could be heard chanting: “You can shove your Casement Park up your h***.”

The chant was heard sporadically during the match. :lol:

Wouldn't have expected anything else :lol:

6 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/international/you-can-shove-casement-park-up-your-h-ni-fans-voice-opposition-to-proposed-euro-2028-stadium/a1336868464.html

Northern Ireland fans made their feelings known about plans to redevelop Casement Park during a Euro 2024 qualifying match against San Marino.

Casement has been named as one of 10 stadiums set to host games at Euro 2028 as part of a successful UK and Ireland bid.

The GAA stadium would be home to Northern Ireland matches should Michael O’Neill’s team qualify.

The Amalgamation of Official Northern Ireland Supporters’ Clubs (AONISC) has voiced concerns and DUP leader Sir Jeffrey Donaldson raised “big questions” over the plans.

Sir Jeffrey said his party would not break the principle of equitable funding for sports stadiums in Northern Ireland.

On Saturday, many Northern Ireland fans voiced their disapproval at Windsor Park as the home side defeated the visitors 3-0.

A section of fans in the Kop Stand could be heard chanting: “You can shove your Casement Park up your h***.”

The chant was heard sporadically during the match. :lol:

Wouldn't have expected anything else :lol:

Tbf it’s absolutely embarrassing the IFA couldn’t have Windsor Park up to a standard to host any of the games.

People are kidding themselves if they’re saying they won’t go to Casement park for those games though, the tickets will sell out in no time. I’d happily go to it for those games in 2028  

18 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Ta mate, always wondered 👍🏻

41 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Do you see it as your own team as you would in football or is it different? Always wondered if those from north gave a fuck about 

I am from NI and used to follow the rugby. What put me off was going to watch Ireland and the crowd were singing FOA with the IRA/SF add ons.

Put me off big style not went to a game since and couldn't care less if they win or lose. 

If they got rid of singing the soldier song before game and changed the flag to an 'irish rugby' flag instead of tricolour I would support them. They did this with the Irish cricket team. 

33 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Tbf it’s absolutely embarrassing the IFA couldn’t have Windsor Park up to a standard to host any of the games.

People are kidding themselves if they’re saying they won’t go to Casement park for those games though, the tickets will sell out in no time. I’d happily go to it for those games in 2028  

Is Windsor park not just too small to qualify to host games?