Rugby world cup 2023

KingKirk

2 minutes ago, Worlds_Most_Successful_Team said:

Mental you can get to the last 4 without playing a top team. I mean Ireland and SA would bully the fuck out of them. France if they dont surrender would bully them too and NZ are NZ. I wouldnt even bet on Australia beating Argentina atm. They probably will, but wouldnt be surprised if they didnt make it out that group.

This is probably the worst Australian team of all time. They have absolutely no chance.

5 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

This is probably the worst Australian team of all time. They have absolutely no chance.

Aye they're horrendous by their standards. I expect it'll be the worst semi we've had in a while on that side of the bracket (quality) and the final being a complete pumping. But you never know, one off games on the big stage. 

10 hours ago, Worlds_Most_Successful_Team said:

Mental you can get to the last 4 without playing a top team. I mean Ireland and SA would bully the fuck out of them. France if they dont surrender would bully them too and NZ are NZ. I wouldnt even bet on Australia beating Argentina atm. They probably will, but wouldnt be surprised if they didnt make it out that group.

My estimations of Argentina have dropped quite a bit after last Saturday.

52 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Can someone offer a sensible explanation as to why South Africa will have played their third match before Scotland play their second?

Never seen this before in any World Cup in any sport.

I can only assume due to the make of the 5 team group and then the schedule with TV. 

Every team in the pool will have a bye round while the other 4 play. Again can only guess SA and Ireland are playing on Saturday night and Scotland on Sunday afternoon due to TV and when they can have most eyes on one of their top games.

On the radio this morning, everyone was talking about the potential Ireland / South Africa v. NZ / France quarter finals - all before Scotland have even played their 2nd match! 

Organizers have totally botched the tournament - you just can't have some teams having played only 1 match when others have played 3.

Feel sorry for the team as - barring a miracle- Scotland are effectively out already.

Add in results like 96-0 and 71-0 together with incomprehensible refereeing and you can see why the sport is struggling to get any global traction.

5 minutes ago, MVRanger said:

On the radio this morning, everyone was talking about the potential Ireland / South Africa v. NZ / France quarter finals - all before Scotland have even played their 2nd match! 

Organizers have totally botched the tournament - you just can't have some teams having played only 1 match when others have played 3.

Feel sorry for the team as - barring a miracle- Scotland are effectively out already.

Add in results like 96-0 and 71-0 together with incomprehensible refereeing and you can see why the sport is struggling to get any global traction.

Four teams have played 3 group games while Scotland and Tonga haven’t played their second game yet.

Are the SFA involved in the organisation of this shambles?

:lol:

3 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

Four teams have played 3 group games while Scotland and Tonga haven’t played their second game yet.

Are the SFA involved in the organisation of this shambles?

:lol:

The draw was made 3 years ago as well with the rankings at the time it’s mental 

3 minutes ago, The Hammer 11 said:

The draw was made 3 years ago as well with the rankings at the time it’s mental 

Even the relative strengths of the groups makes no sense.

We've got the world champions and the country currently ranked number one while England have the rugby equivalent of Benburb and Auchinleck.