Rugby world cup 2023

KingKirk

5 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

Two superb nights of rugby. Rugby at this elite level is a truly incredible sport.

I wont be betting on it but hopefully Argentina & England have something up there sleeve for next weekend.

I can’t see England doing anything but playing a spoiling game and hoping for penalties. Thats worked for them in the past and I just don’t think they have the players to go at SA like France did. 

45 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

I know fuck all about rugby but the wee cunt in the bunnet for South Africa is incredible 

Im the same. Dont understand what im watching but that was pure entertainment, fair enjoyed it. What sport is all about.

Just sad the draw was quite imbalanced (I expect this will change how future RWC's are drawn) to.

Quality on show last night and tonight was excellent. I expect a SA v NZ final.

England though. Easy group and they've scrappy and riding their luck - but really wouldn't shock me to see them upset SA.

5 hours ago, Badger said:

Just sad the draw was quite imbalanced (I expect this will change how future RWC's are drawn) to.

Quality on show last night and tonight was excellent. I expect a SA v NZ final.

England though. Easy group and they've scrappy and riding their luck - but really wouldn't shock me to see them upset SA.

Theyve said they are changing the draws so it isnt so far in advance.

Should shock you to see them beat a very in form SA, after barely overcoming a tier 2 team in the QF after the easiest of groups. SA have beaten 3 teams that would murder England, while England or any team they've played would finish top 3 in SA's pool.

4 hours ago, Worlds_Most_Successful_Team said:

Should shock you to see them beat a very in form SA, after barely overcoming a tier 2 team in the QF after the easiest of groups. SA have beaten 3 teams that would murder England, while England or any team they've played would finish top 3 in SA's pool.

I can just see this England team scrappily keeping winning. They aren't a good side just now but keep scraping by.  Lucky as hell Fiji left double figures on the table with missed kicks.

Said before the tournament, especially with the way the draw is - guaranteeing 2 of the 4 best teams will fall in the quarters - this is a very open tournament. Anyone of the bigger nations hitting a bit of form could win.

Gap between the top teams is as close as I remember.

15 hours ago, Worlds_Most_Successful_Team said:

Who were the three teams that SA beat that would murder England?

Superb weekend of rugby, that first half between France and SA was one of these halves of rugby I have ever seen. 

Cannot see past an NZ v SA final, England are poor and haven't played a top team yet. World Cup contenders should not be scraping wins vs Samoa and Fiji. On Fiji, that was unlucky for them yesterday. But for better game management they could well have won v England.