FM24

ForeverAndEver

1 hour ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Has anyone ever played this with all transfer and contract decisions set to the DoF? I know that's been possible for a number of titles now but I've never given it a go.

I actually think FM would be decent with a DoF / General Manager mode too where you do all that and hire/fire the manager. 

There is a game where you can do that.

I can't remember what it's called, where you get it from or even what device it's available on though. :lol: 

1 hour ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Has anyone ever played this with all transfer and contract decisions set to the DoF? I know that's been possible for a number of titles now but I've never given it a go.

I actually think FM would be decent with a DoF / General Manager mode too where you do all that and hire/fire the manager. 

People do that in FM just now, they just go on holiday and let the Assistant be the ‘manager’.

29 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

There is a game where you can do that.

I can't remember what it's called, where you get it from or even what device it's available on though. :lol: 

Sports Interactive used to make an Ice Hockey game where you were the General Manager of a franchise. It was quite good. I remember the demo came free with FM06 or 07.

34 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Sports Interactive used to make an Ice Hockey game where you were the General Manager of a franchise. It was quite good. I remember the demo came free with FM06 or 07.

NBA 2K’s GM Mode has always been fantastic too, can even start in the 70’s now and have each real draft class coming in. 

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Relegated :lol: 

I'm still enjoying a journeyman save on FM23

Started unemployed no qualifications, got a job in JD Cymru North with Pontardawe 10 games left, heavily relegation bound, got relegated and sacked. Found a job with the Police Service of Northern Ireland in the lowest tier, missed out on promotion on goal difference, left after a season to Nyva B in Ukraine (2nd tier, most bombed area), started playing asymmetric strikerless and stormed to the title and runners up in the Cup to Kyiv. Resigned, got the Legnano job outside Milan in Serie C, two years there with a Serie C title and Serie C Supercoppa, resigned after the Serie B start, joined Notts Co in L1 mid table halfway through, got promoted finishing 2nd, lost in Play Off Semis first season in Championship

Been a brilliant save, in 2029 now hoping for a bigger job offer 

10 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

I'm still enjoying a journeyman save on FM23

Started unemployed no qualifications, got a job in JD Cymru North with Pontardawe 10 games left, heavily relegation bound, got relegated and sacked. Found a job with the Police Service of Northern Ireland in the lowest tier, missed out on promotion on goal difference, left after a season to Nyva B in Ukraine (2nd tier, most bombed area), started playing asymmetric strikerless and stormed to the title and runners up in the Cup to Kyiv. Resigned, got the Legnano job outside Milan in Serie C, two years there with a Serie C title and Serie C Supercoppa, resigned after the Serie B start, joined Notts Co in L1 mid table halfway through, got promoted finishing 2nd, lost in Play Off Semis first season in Championship

Been a brilliant save, in 2029 now hoping for a bigger job offer 

Not got the patience in me to try all that but it’s always tempting 

1 hour ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Not got the patience in me to try all that but it’s always tempting 

Only games I can ever play to be honest mate

Been playing it nearly 25 years so started sticking to a set rule of never using the player or staff search screen

I rely on my scouts for players and job adverts for staff

So little time now with work, wish I still worked hospitality to lay hours and hours into it :lol: 

3 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

Been playing it nearly 25 years so started sticking to a set rule of never using the player or staff search screen

So little time now with work, wish I still worked hospitality to lay hours and hours into it :lol: 

Never had you down as an old yin :lol: 

7 hours ago, Essandoh said:

Absolutely saunter up the leagues with DOF Free Transfer suggestions. 

1 hour ago, J-Maestro said:

Absolutely saunter up the leagues with DOF Free Transfer suggestions. 

Absolutely, such an under-utilised part of the game

I’ve got Nigel Pearson as my DoF at Notts Co and I’ve actually given him full control of scouting too

Finding me some gems with little effort