Welcome to Rangers, Philippe Clement!

12 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

His team selection has been drastically affected by injuries and players being unavailable.

He commented in one of his pressers that one of our coming jobs over the summer was rebuilding the medical and fitness department because it was effectively, a joke.

And our form going off a cliff, coincided with this squad's typical capitulation when the pressure was on. 

You can't fairly judge Clement on this squad.

1) Everyone has been critical of team selections based on the players who were available

2) Cool, good

3) I could rant about this but won't bother. 

4) You can, with the pinch of salt which is required, which is acknowledged. 

30 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

How is a manager meant to select a league winning side from that shite with 8-10 players out at a time and unfit players on the bench?

I think you can still be more organised and disciplined than we have been out of possession.

It's also fair to say though, that when Sterling was moved from the middle/injured and we lost Cortes and McCausland our shape has been all over the shop. But it is on the manager to alter things to stop that happening. I Appreciate he is limited on options but to have the same problem for two months and not really alter the way we setup does count against him. 

1 minute ago, AGM_72 said:

I think you can still be more organised and disciplined than we have been out of possession.

It's also fair to say though, that when Sterling was moved from the middle/injured and we lost Cortes and McCausland our shape has been all over the shop. But it is on the manager to alter things to stop that happening. I Appreciate he is limited on options but to have the same problem for two months and not really alter the way we setup does count against him. 

You think this lot could play a different system? 

8 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

It does matter though , we allowed beale to build a squad with no width , and with a certain midfield structure in mind  , then change manager to a guy who wants to play with proper wingers and a different midfield set up 

This is it exactly. The type of players you buy depend on entirely on how you want to play. 

We can't rely on a new manager coming in each time and telling us how they want to play and buying players to suit it, we don't have that money. 

We need to have that defined up front then bring in a manager that suits it. 

Last year Beale wanted to play very narrow with no width so we signed players to suit that, as soon as Clement came in he wanted to play with width and we had no one.

If we're going to let Clement have full reign this summer we need to agree that we're commiting to that way of playing and if he doesn't work out we need to bring in a manager that wants to play in a similar way. 

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Swap Clement for Beale and it’s same statements as this time last year.

I remember last season when we beat the scum there was a very well liked post saying people need to get off Beales back and that result showed he can compete, something along those lines.

At that time the minority knew he was a fraud and wanted him gone. Now Clement is far superior but there's some red flags.

Majority of our fans do this all the time, even with players. Raskin, Cantwell were backed by the majority and vastly overhyped. Many finally see them as what they really are. Happening with Yilmaz and Diomande this season.

Hopefully I'm completely wrong as I'm a pessimistic at the best of times, but I'm worried for next season at the moment. Its a huge rebuild and again could set us back years if Clement gets it wrong.

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

I remember last season when we beat the scum there was a very well liked post saying people need to get off Beales back and that result showed he can compete, something along those lines.

At that time the minority knew he was a fraud and wanted him gone. Now Clement is far superior but there's some red flags.

Majority of our fans do this all the time, even with players. Raskin, Cantwell were backed by the majority and vastly overhyped. Many finally see them as what they really are. Happening with Yilmaz and Diomande this season.

Hopefully I'm completely wrong as I'm a pessimistic at the best of times, but I'm worried for next season at the moment. Its a huge rebuild and again could set us back years if Clement gets it wrong.

What's the alternative? If we got rid of Clement which would be madness, not a chance a decent manager touches us for years.

3 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

It’s got to be Koppen who rebuilds team with input from Clement.

as others have said, if we buy players for the 4-2-3-1  and it doesn’t work with PC then we have to bring in a manager who plays either the same style and can use these players.

12 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

Clement got them firing enough to even be back in a position of being in a race for the title, whatever his instructions were and what he was doing with them in training was working. 

Suddenly we're in a position where we can overtake celtic and set some distance, and this squad reverted to type.

No identifiable shape, no real urgency, no chasing down loose balls, no sense of what they were doing defensively, despite having done everything fine until that point.

I think it'd be wrong to assume he'd not be under any pressure if next season with his own squad starts badly.

But this squad have done what we've seen them do countless times, and are putting pressure on another manager for it.

Round in circles.

It's the squad. They need to go.

Mate today was basically a new squad. 10/11 starting today weren’t playing 2 years ago. 

2 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

You think this lot could play a different system? 

I don't think it needs to be dramatically different, just more compact in the middle of the park. 

I'm still of the mind the manager deserves time, but that's mostly down to how he solved problems when he came in and his past track record. 

13 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Yeah about 30 mins into killie i think the penny dropped for the daft cunt , thats a failure of the cunts above him right enough for allowing it 

Why would the board get involved in footballing matters? Rightly that shouldn't ever happen. 

3 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

In what way? Who is managing a club that doesn't let the previous manager even get their own players in?

He’ll get this window but at the moment he’s under pressure.

A beating next week, with the same tactics, and anyone not questioning him needs their head read.

I'd love to know what people mean by "this squad" btw

Sima, Dessers, Raskin, McCausland, Sterling, Butland, Souttar, Ridvan, Davies, Cortes, Diomande have not been here for 7 years. Defoe, Itten, Hagi, Tillman, Katic, Matondo, Aribo were here for a few etc, then going back to Candeias, Pena, Herrera, Alves etc in another era.

We've not had "this squad" for all these so called collapses. What you really mean is it's all Tav and Goldson's fault. Two of our best players over the years. Especially Tav, who has single handedly won us absolutely massive games countless times.

We have been poor for years because of 3 things at the end of they day, recruitment has been poor, some managers have been poor, and the other lot have gotten a lot of those both (particularly managers) spot on against our own attempts. 

Just now, Broxi said:

Sima, Dessers, Raskin, McCausland, Sterling, Butland, Souttar, Ridvan, Davies, Cortes, Diomande have not been here for 7 years. Defoe, Itten, Hagi, Tillman, Katic, Matondo, Aribo were here for a few etc, then going back to Candeias, Pena, Herrera, Alves etc in another era.

We've not had "this squad" for all these so called collapses. What you really mean is it's all Tav and Goldson's fault. Two of our best players over the years. Especially Tav, who has single handedly won us absolutely massive games countless times.

We have been poor for years because of 3 things at the end of they day, recruitment has been poor, some managers have been poor, and the other lot have gotten a lot of those both (particularly managers) spot on against our own attempts. 

Please deal in myths next time mate, thanks.

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

A beating next week, with the same tactics, and anyone not questioning him needs their head read.

So how is it hysterical pish to say getting rid of a manager before the Summer would stop other managers being interested? :confused:

8 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Mate today was basically a new squad. 10/11 starting today weren’t playing 2 years ago. 

Youngsters and guys that were signed knowing they were already potentially hit and miss, before Clement got here isn't the same as him and the new DoF rebuilding us. 

They've still been under Tav.

3 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

What does it mean if we win but he has the same tactics as before? 

5 minutes ago, Broxi said:

The squad that was put together by Wilson and Beale, plus a few youngsters and the same old losers that have been here year on year.

That's what people mean when they say "this squad".

7 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Why would the board get involved in footballing matters? Rightly that shouldn't ever happen. 

Because 1 man shouldnt be making all footballing decisions , there needs to be input from the head of recruitment , scouting , finance etc to make sure the long term future of the club is secure ,

It avoids the fucking mess the squads in now 

5 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

What does it mean if we win but he has the same tactics as before? 

The players and him will receive the adulation.

Anyone who thinks a midfield 3 of Lundstram, Diomande and Cantwell are matching up to theirs is mental.