Welcome to Rangers, Philippe Clement!

10 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

This guys a fucking diddy we are a worse team than when he came over. This form in the run in is the worst I've ever seen in this situation at the old firm. He can't stop it either.

Fuck up. The guy’s worked miracles to even get us into a title race. The players are the problem. They’ve never been good enough to win titles. Has he got his faults and has he made mistakes? Yes. But to say he’s a diddy is fucking thick. 

1 minute ago, Essandoh said:

I understand the pessimism and frustration but I think if you take some time you’ll know yourself he’s been working with blunt tools and been let down badly by the same players who did it under Beale, Gio, Gerrard

He isn’t without fault, but it’s mental to think he’s on a final warning and should be sacked

Like it or not, Clement is the level of manager we can afford and attract. With time and the right support I reckon he sorts us out.

Hope your right. I just think this run is farcical now. We genuinely don't look much better than our opponents they are going toe to toe with us a deservedly getting points.

There are a plenty posts on this forum about how bad the players are. From being weak minded to talentless to lazy to being injury prone. You can't then slate a manger who has had to deal with what we already know. My own feeling is that as the season has progressed a large percentage of the players irrespective of being picked know he doesn't really rate them but is stuck with what he's got. This has led to some below average performances. Not saying it's on purpose but a large part of playing well depends on what's going on in the head and how you feel you are valued. 

We can't keep repeating the same mistakes and look short term, he has to be given time to weed out those who steal a wage and be allowed to bring in his own players. 

Just now, MacBoyd said:

I think he will be by the majority if/when we lose next week particularly if its a bad one.

A think it's refreshing that he's open in saying the squad needs a full rebuild, he sees the team (despite a recent rebuild) isn't good enough. He probably over performed with the shite he had and has worked with one of the worst injury situations I can remember. 

He's the right guy for the job, but it's a big one. 

I'll be amazed if we win next week, and on the whole it's still not good enough tbh. 

7 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

No. We have won 4 games from 9. Before the 9 we were title favourites, we ended 8 behind. Its utterly ridiculous 

i agree but the lg was lost then, not today, sack the manager and keep those bottle merchants and see who gets sacked next. the fact is the team are not very good, bang average with a losers mentality that you can only take so far.  the players are the problem, injuries, weak mentality and bang average.  

Just now, SPWF said:

Fuck up. The guy’s worked miracles to even get us into a title race. The players are the problem. They’ve never been good enough to win titles. Has he got his faults and has he made mistakes? Yes. But to say he’s a diddy is fucking thick. 

A miracle ffs? He did well early on but has accumulated less points than a poor celtic, not layed a glove on them in a match. No style of play. Shambles at the back. Farcical run in title race. A miracle? Wtf has happened to our standards?

1 minute ago, MacBoyd said:

A miracle ffs? He did well early on but has accumulated less points than a poor celtic, not layed a glove on them in a match. No style of play. Shambles at the back. Farcical run in title race. A miracle? Wtf has happened to our standards?

sack him and see who gets sacked next. the players are bang average. the team in mediocre and full of average players and injury prone. 

1 minute ago, born a blue nose said:

A think it's refreshing that he's open in saying the squad needs a full rebuild, he sees the team (despite a recent rebuild) isn't good enough. He probably over performed with the shite he had and has worked with one of the worst injury situations I can remember. 

He's the right guy for the job, but it's a big one. 

I'll be amazed if we win next week, and on the whole it's still not good enough tbh. 

Also good that he alluded to things not being right in other departments at the club. The medical team for example. He at least recognises whats wrong. Whether he can fix all these issues is another thing but he must given time to try.

37 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

We were seven points behind and in free fall. He somehow managed to coach this shower of shite to the top of the league. Then they did their usual when it came to the crunch. The collapse has been disappointing but not surprising. The manager hasn’t changed what he’s doing since the good run post Motherwell loss, it’s the players who’ve stopped responding. 

18 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

This guys a fucking diddy we are a worse team than when he came over. This form in the run in is the worst I've ever seen in this situation at the old firm. He can't stop it either.

65 points Beale was on course to finish with, you need to have a lie down.

1 minute ago, SPWF said:

We were seven points behind and in free fall. He someone managed to coach this shower of shite to the top of the league. Then they did their usual when it came to the crunch. The collapse has been disappointing but not surprising. The manager hasn’t changed what he’s doing since the good run post Motherwell loss, it’s the players who’ve stopped responding. 

He's also shown he's had enough of them this week.

2 minutes ago, MurrayWilson said:

Also good that he alluded to things not being right in other departments at the club. The medical team for example. He at least recognises whats wrong. Whether he can fix all these issues is another thing but he must given time to try.

Can only piss with the cock you're given mate 

3 minutes ago, MurrayWilson said:

I know but beale said almost exactly the same. Surely we won't "inprove" as badly as under him tho...

2 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

He's also shown he's had enough of them this week.

Exactly. As soon as the league was done he started publicly slaughtering them and their attitude. He’s whole demeanour has changed too. He’s fucking raging at how weak and cowardly the players have been.  

Having listened to him over the past few press conferences, he has my backing for now - not that not having my backing would make a blind bit of difference of course - he has admitted that he's had to push players who werent ready back into the team, if he hadnt we had have been picking people from the stands to play. The guy isnt perfect - he keeps picking Dessers ffs and appears to think Lundstram is a decent player - but I do think a lot of whats gone on is because his hands have been tied, he cant just come out and say these players are losers with a title still on the table. The upside to the collapse is he's seen just how bad these losers really are and will hopefully get rid of most of them. Its not easy, but we have to give him a chance or as someone else said, may as well get rid of him now. And if we do that, where do we go then? Based on what he says, the guys aware of the issues at the club and wants to help sort them. At the moment, I'm going to believe him if only because, right now, there is really nothing much else to believe in.

3 minutes ago, Redmond7 said:

Having listened to him over the past few press conferences, he has my backing for now - not that not having my backing would make a blind bit of difference of course - he has admitted that he's had to push players who werent ready back into the team, if he hadnt we had have been picking people from the stands to play. The guy isnt perfect - he keeps picking Dessers ffs and appears to think Lundstram is a decent player - but I do think a lot of whats gone on is because his hands have been tied, he cant just come out and say these players are losers with a title still on the table. The upside to the collapse is he's seen just how bad these losers really are and will hopefully get rid of most of them. Its not easy, but we have to give him a chance or as someone else said, may as well get rid of him now. And if we do that, where do we go then? Based on what he says, the guys aware of the issues at the club and wants to help sort them. At the moment, I'm going to believe him if only because, right now, there is really nothing much else to believe in.

Who else can play up front?