Danny Armstrong

6superbarry6

6 hours ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Yes or No? it’s a no brainer for me, quick, direct, has an end product, bit of dig about him and plays with a bit of swagger that many of our squad lack, could be a good cheap option for that problem RW position. 

Jordan jones type signing. Hell no

5 hours ago, 6superbarry6 said:

I don’t think McAusland has anywhere near made that position his. 

I like what ive seen of mcausland so far. Very positive, direct and good feet.

However hes still in honeymoon period where fans arent on his back for any miss-placed pass.

That will come soon enough. When that pressure kicks on we will see if hes good enough for us

6 hours ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Yes or No? it’s a no brainer for me, quick, direct, has an end product, bit of dig about him and plays with a bit of swagger that many of our squad lack, could be a good cheap option for that problem RW position. 

A non entity and Ross McCausland is one of our own!

21 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

I knew this post was coming after today. Massive no for me. Don't know if he's any better than McCausland or even Wright or Matondo. I think we need to add players who will add ability to the team and not more of the same jobber types. 

I was actually surprised after we played the wee Cyprus side we didn’t have anyone saying we should buy their forward who kept causing our defence massive issues with his pace, was sure that was going to be suggested 

15 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I was actually surprised after we played the wee Cyprus side we didn’t have anyone saying we should buy their forward who kept causing our defence massive issues with his pace, was sure that was going to be suggested 

Said the same thing on here mate. Pretty sure we signed Barisic based on his performance against us. Same with Jones.

39 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

I knew this post was coming after today. Massive no for me. Don't know if he's any better than McCausland or even Wright or Matondo. I think we need to add players who will add ability to the team and not more of the same jobber types. 

He’s better than Wright.

Wonder if we could sort out a swap deal?

12 goals and 10 assists last season. And 4 goals and 8 assists this season.

Don’t think Wright got close to anything like that for the sheep.

But the point about one off performances against us is a good one (and one we’ve fallen for too many times)

13 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

With our budget or lack of one why do you think we can afford to buy players in January for each position?

If you look at how threadbare our squad is (especially in wide players) we can’t afford NOT to seriously consider an inexpensive, proven SPFL player instead of pinning our hopes for the next six months on a youngster just breaking through plus Rabbi Fucking Matondo.

Looks like Sima will be needed through the middle so new wide players are essential.

46 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

He’s better than Wright.

Wonder if we could sort out a swap deal?

12 goals and 10 assists last season. And 4 goals and 8 assists this season.

Don’t think Wright got close to anything like that for the sheep.

But the point about one off performances against us is a good one (and one we’ve fallen for too many times)

I'm admittedly a bit lazy in that I've never really watched him other than against us and those stats aren't terrible.

If it’s a man affordable deal that doesn’t take the piss, I would say yes. Sell Wright whenever and you have a good back up in Armstrong and mcausland. Push on for the summer and bring in a starter. 

I think Matondo can honestly offer us something if he has a run of games and god forbid in our team, he stays fit. Probably looking at Sima up top if we don’t get a miracle out of dessers. 

5 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

There were a few to be fair