Danny Armstrong

6superbarry6

13 hours ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Don’t think McAusland is anywhere near ready to be starting week in week out we definitely need another option out wide. 

I agree, but bringing Armstrong in would be a gamble similar to Jordan Jones. I like Armstrong and think he could offer something but unless we moved squad players on our next recruitment out wide needs to be of quality. 

Would Armstrong offer anything more than Wright, Matondo or McCausland? 

Would affect the confidence of McAusland in my opinion. He has more 1st team experience of course but we’ve just tied McAusland down and look to develop him in that position. If we didn’t have Wright for the squad it would be different but I don’t see the need at this time. If Wright moves on I’d look to sign him. 

8 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

I was actually surprised after we played the wee Cyprus side we didn’t have anyone saying we should buy their forward who kept causing our defence massive issues with his pace, was sure that was going to be suggested 

We shouldn’t buy him purely on the basis of two games, but we should be doing our homework on him - whether that’s in person scouting, or this new data driven model, to see if he would be a fit.

People want a model where we buy players doing well in smaller countries at reasonable prices and, on paper at least, he fits that profile. Decent record for them, has impressed at Europa League level and has scope to improve more.

If he’s shite or his data doesn’t show that he is then fine, move on, but there’s no harm in looking, and it’s actually what a good recruitment team should be doing.

6 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

Yes.

He's better than McCausland as it stands.

Nine goals and seven assists last season in the league. Three and five this season so far. This is for a Kilmarnock team who won't dominate the ball as much as we do.

Other than one season, he has better stats than Ryan Kent. 

4 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

He's a better option than Wright or Matondo. If we can get him at a decent price I'd take him because he'd do the business in the SPL.

Can’t speak for the others buying into this idea, but I’ve been talking about this guy for quite a while, not just because of the game yesterday.

Absolutely better than Matondo or Wright, and he has a gallusness, a swagger we’ve missed at Ibrox for a long time.

He’s a decent player, looked good in the highlights from yesterday and contributes with goals and assists.

The negatives for me are he’s never stood out against us when LB is one of our weaker areas, iirc he got a pretty stupid red against us when he seemed more focused on being a dickhead than the game itself, lazy comparison but a bit Jordan Jones.

It would depend on fee and the longer term plan for the RW position.

20 hours ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Yes or No? it’s a no brainer for me, quick, direct, has an end product, bit of dig about him and plays with a bit of swagger that many of our squad lack, could be a good cheap option for that problem RW position. 

Yep what’s the worst that could happen, oh sorry forgot what we signed in the summer.

We should really wait til someone else picks him up and he goes onto bigger and better things and then we can get guys starting threads to say we should be signing from the SPL but when you mention it they get slaughtered.

Yes let’s see what he’s got?

We need to be a bit braver wi signings.

41 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Does well in a Killie team that plays almost entirely through him / long balls knocked down to him etc, in a counter-attacking system that gives lots of space. Absolutely miles off the level we need. 

Didn't Jordan Jones have similar output at Killie? 

And what we don’t have at the moment is an out ball due to pure pace, might be MacAusland hope so, might be Matondo but another either injured or lacking belief, Wright an enigma.

He might actually be worth signing as appears to read a line ok get him one on one training with Dessers and it could improve him no end.

37 minutes ago, BlueboyG said:

Whats your case ? We need a right winger or we need Danny Armstrong ?

You’re still level with Motherwell at Fir Park, ten minutes to go, 3 points wins the league, a draw sees another scum title.

You look at your bench and your only forwards are Armstrong and Wright.

Who do you send on? Be honest.