Rangers Statement: European Super League

Loyal72

5 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

That's no honest at all. You're telling me a neutral is watching benfica v feyanoord on bein sports when there's a man u v psg on sky sports at the same time? 

There's a reason the so called non elite clubs want fuck all to do with this mate. 

A know ye like a bit a controversy but your miles off it if you think even us versus a semi big name in Europe draws in the type of views a sponser or channel needs for the competition to be worth while to us. 

We would be financially fucked if the champions league/Europa went to the pits 

Well said. He's become like the dude recently

45 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Great shout. Wonder how much money would be involved in the competition no one wants to watch other than the fans of the clubs involved. 

Isn’t the Champions League losing viewers? Can’t remember watching a game outside of us in 10 years.

Just now, J-Maestro said:

Isn’t the Champions League losing viewers? Can’t remember watching a game outside of us in 10 years.

I don't watch it to be honest, only us if we're involved, I don't even really watch much other football anymore, haven't the time for it.

I did see that in 2021 Champions League viewing figures dropped by 35%, but in 2023 the final had 450m viewers, in contrast our Europa League final had 6.5m viewers.

The UCL final will garner a big audience, but I don't think most neutrals give a toss about anything outside of that if their club isn't involved in it.

29 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

No sure mate, I still watch games that I fancy to be good ones. 

Galatasaray v Bayern being a recent one I thought was brilliant. 

Not sure I'd tune in to antaylaspor v west ham. 

Can't believe I'm having to even argue this 😂

13 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

No sure mate, I still watch games that I fancy to be good ones. 

Galatasaray v Bayern being a recent one I thought was brilliant. 

Not sure I'd tune in to antaylaspor v west ham. 

Can't believe I'm having to even argue this 😂

I’d rather watch Antaylaspor v West Ham than Barca vs PSG for the 18th time.

Aw I’m not arguing mate. :lol: If we don’t join straight away and it does well, we’re finished as they ain’t opening the door to us. 

I’m more meaning I think they’re leaning more in to the stuff that’s putting people off watching. The same teams playing each other all the time.

If we did join it would be a matter of time before we were squeezed out, they want an American system I think.

1 hour ago, born a blue nose said:

That's no honest at all. You're telling me a neutral is watching benfica v feyanoord on bein sports when there's a man u v psg on sky sports at the same time? 

There's a reason the so called non elite clubs want fuck all to do with this mate. 

A know ye like a bit a controversy but your miles off it if you think even us versus a semi big name in Europe draws in the type of views a sponser or channel needs for the competition to be worth while to us. 

We would be financially fucked if the champions league/Europa went to the pits 

I read it as the likes of Man U and PSG creating it tbf :lol: 

Shat it imo

6 hours ago, Loyal72 said:

I don't watch it to be honest, only us if we're involved, I don't even really watch much other football anymore, haven't the time for it.

I did see that in 2021 Champions League viewing figures dropped by 35%, but in 2023 the final had 450m viewers, in contrast our Europa League final had 6.5m viewers.

The UCL final will garner a big audience, but I don't think most neutrals give a toss about anything outside of that if their club isn't involved in it.

When you put it like that, it’s quite concerning for the clubs under the UCL final however is it really enjoyable watching the same teams year in year out in the final four?

most of the clubs in England outside the big six like West Ham and Aston Villa understand the importance of the competition they are in. I’d rather be followed by those loyal clubs and be remembered for a long run in europa or conference league, than the same 7/8 clubs in the champions league.

We may not make the final every season but the respect we gain for our runs and passion we show on the way gains us fans in england and abroad in Europe makes a huge difference. We don’t have the finances for the champions league but we can compete at europa level and it’s exciting for ourselves and for the neutral to watch us. We make more for our europa runs than champions league right? Surely players would want to join a team that is on fire at a level they know suits them than a few games in the champions league that end 4-0 and it’s over by Christmas lol 

11 hours ago, Loyal72 said:

Source on the 6.5 million?

10 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

Perhaps but 6.5 million doesn't seem right.

Just seen a link from last year that 6.5million alone in Spain tuned in for the final. So that’s the 2022/23 final.

i can’t believe it’s as little as 6.5million when we played a German side. When Germany would’ve maybe had around 5/6 million watching alone 

2 hours ago, TheKingObv said:

Source on the 6.5 million?

Just checked mate it’s a lot of shite.

8.99 million watched in on the free to view channel in Germany. So that’s not including whatever the BT equivalent is in Germany and then YouTube views.

“Eintracht Frankfurt's victory over Rangers in the Uefa Europa League final registered strong ratings in Germany as 8.99 million viewers”

Source - https://www.sportbusiness.com/news/rtl-nets-strong-free-to-air-audience-for-eintracht-frankfurts-europa-league-win/

for obvious reasons I won’t post it all 

9 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

Just checked mate it’s a lot of shite.

8.99 million watched in on the free to view channel in Germany. So that’s not including whatever the BT equivalent is in Germany and then YouTube views.

“Eintracht Frankfurt's victory over Rangers in the Uefa Europa League final registered strong ratings in Germany as 8.99 million viewers”

Source - https://www.sportbusiness.com/news/rtl-nets-strong-free-to-air-audience-for-eintracht-frankfurts-europa-league-win/

for obvious reasons I won’t post it all 

Just checked, that's a lot of shite.

Screenshot_20231223-1041022.thumb.png.4bfd8ac8437c19da7add165bf52fd428.png

https://www.sportcal.com/media/bt-sport-posts-record-audience-for-champions-league-final/?cf-view

30 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

Aye so it’s a lot of shite. 8.99 million alone watched it in Germany.

youve gave the global audience for the champions league final and bt audience for the europa. So the answer is 6.5 million isn’t what watched our final 

3 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

Aye so it’s a lot of shite. 8.99 million alone watched it in Germany.

youve gave the global audience for the champions league final and bt audience for the europa. So the answer is 6.5 million isn’t what watched our final 

The "other digital channels" are the other channels that piggybacked off of the BT Stream. BT/TNT are the main rights holder.

6.3m watched our final.

6.5m watched Sevilla's final in 2023.

https://www.sportbusiness.com/news/europa-league-final-nets-6-5m-viewers-on-rai-as-movistar-tv-delivers-seven-figure-audience/

The only lot of shite here, is your 8.99m and thinking 65m people watched it.