Rangers Statement: European Super League

Loyal72

22 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

Mate you didn't even read the article properly and thought it was about us at first, don't try and call me stupid after that 😂

We can maybe say between Germany and Britain there was 14m, maybe chuck in some from Australia and America at best I'd say 20m?

You're still not quite at your eye watering 65m yet. 

You came in here guns blazing, while not being able to find much about the viewing figures yourself, just saying I'm talking shite all the rest of it.

And your response was to chat even more shit.

Very good mate.

You’ve went from 6.3 to possibly 20 million lol

The Champions League essentially is the super league. It's a corrupt, closed shop that exists only for the benefit of big  wealthy clubs. Clubs from smaller nations should be using this to their advantage to try to force change in European competition. 

5 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

Canny keep going all day him struggling to read and me not being able to comprehend the shit he's making up.

Bad for the forum. Or fun for some of yees watching 😂 but aye it's just kinda reached the point of being pointless.

:lol:

18 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

The Champions League essentially is the super league. It's a corrupt, closed shop that exists only for the benefit of big  wealthy clubs. Clubs from smaller nations should be using this to their advantage to try to force change in European competition. 

Agree.

42 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

Reading comprehension appears to be a struggle for you here. Let it go bud, you cunted it, 65m, read an article wrong. It's okay.

Move on 😀

He made a joke at 65 million because you said 6.5 million.

If you genuinely think 6.5 million people watched a Europa league final, around the world, then you arent the brightest.

1 hour ago, TheKingObv said:

He made a joke at 65 million because you said 6.5 million.

If you genuinely think 6.5 million people watched a Europa league final, around the world, then you arent the brightest.

I said I'd concede maybe about 14m watched it.

The UCL final from the year before our UEL final was just shy of 50m.

Only Man City's final recently was one of the highest viewed champions league finals in years, with over 400m estimated to have watched.

I think people are overestimating Europa League finals, not many people give as much of a fuck, same with the conference, the viewing figures are nowhere near as high. 

14m for our final sounds about right.

17 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

I said I'd concede maybe about 14m watched it.

The UCL final from the year before our UEL final was just shy of 50m.

Only Man City's final recently was one of the highest viewed champions league finals in years, with over 400m estimated to have watched.

I think people are overestimating Europa League finals, not many people give as much of a fuck, same with the conference, the viewing figures are nowhere near as high. 

14m for our final sounds about right.

If you really think champions league finals jump from 50 million to 450 million from year to year then you're genuinely deluded.

Honestly mate, think about what you're typing.

6 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

If you really think champions league finals jump from 50 million to 450 million from year to year then you're genuinely deluded.

Honestly mate, think about what you're typing.

😂 I at no point said any such thing.

Screenshot_20231223-1428282.thumb.png.4dfb2ea325069916ec285750c6ab3bca.png

UEFA estimated the Man City final peaked viewers of over 400m with an average live minute-by-minute audience of about 150m

Still far and above anything of the last few years.

I thought about what I typed mate. Our viewership for the Europa League final won't have been more than about 14m.

I think all this does is open up the prospect of cross border tournaments.  

if (and a big IF) we were invited to join, say the northern conference in England…. We may end up taking it to court in a similar way as this was if we were denied and / or restricted. 

Allowing the ESL and prohibiting UEFA and FIFA from adding sanctions is the important part here

The ECA were one of the first bodies to publicly recognise that Rangers FC remained the same club by granting us immediate associate membership due to being founding members of it. Indeed a letter from the ECA formed part of the evidence sent by Green and co to the ASA after the ridiculous protest from the Savillites. (The SFA and SPL were the first obviously). So I don't have a prob us standing by them. I don't think those advocating us trying to get in on this act have looked into it properly.