POTY awards

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Sell Ridvan for decent money and Goldson & Tav for silly Saudi money before letting Butland leave. Our good fortune with goalies will run out one day. Keep him.

Think we'd get more for Butland than all 3 of them combined. Then need to spend decent money replacing 3 starters. 

I know it's a bit vague the criteria for the John Greig award, but given Sterling has played all over the park for us, and never let the team down, would have thought he might have been a worthy candidate for that award based on attitude/dedication.

But doesn't really matter in grand scheme of things tbh.

3 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Sell Ridvan for decent money and Goldson & Tav for silly Saudi money before letting Butland leave. Our good fortune with goalies will run out one day. Keep him.

Might get decent money for Ridvan. We're not getting a lot of money for Tav or Goldson.

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

“Hopefully we’ll win many more things together” - doesn’t sound like a leaving speech from Goldson which will please a few.

Could just mean this season. As much as I and others don't think we'll win anything else, the players should.

2 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

“Hopefully we’ll win many more things together” - doesn’t sound like a leaving speech from Goldson which will please a few.

Hopefully just means the Scottish Cup.

Butland must have been worth 10-15 points to us this season.

Absolutely vital we have a goalkeeper of that quality.

Don’t have to look too far back to when many argued McLaughlin deserved his chance to see what happens when you have a drop off in quality.

22 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

Player of the Year

Well deserved.  TBH there weren't really any other options considering performances throughout the season. 

24 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

You've no been giving it tight to Butland, have you?

No really. Pissed off 2 weeks ago at the Ross County game and made a comment which I didn't really mean when I felt he spilled the save for their second goal. Moved on from it except the cunts that keep @ing me every time he makes a save 😂. I've been saying at work for months that we've got a manager and a keeper but not much else 😂

2 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

He did today ma man. 

He did indeed mate. 

I'll be honest here, I was thinking the same just before that save. "He makes great saves, but he doesn't really make WOW saves.....like McGregor v' Bremen, Goram v's PVH.". Then he did that! :lol: It wasn't on those same levels if I'm being honest but it was up there. 

1 hour ago, Prso's headband said:

Injury free is now a barometer for success at us. 

He’s had 18 attempts at domestic trophies in his time here and won 3. Even if you give them all a pass in Gerrard’s first season just to be kind due to the upheaval, 3 in 15 is laughable. 

What’s the achievement? Completing Scottish football? There’s players in their team who have double the amount of trophies he has in half the time. 

Maybe the achievement is the effort to hold the defence while coping with a succession of bomb scares alongside him in central defence and weak midfielders in front, not to mention at left back. Love how our most consistent players get the blame for the collective failure.

1 minute ago, psb07158 said:

Is Cole McKinnon of a decent level? Surprised he hasn’t had more opportunities this year given the injury issues. He’s 21 now. Make or break for him at Rangers in the summer ?

@Elfideldo probably the best to ask, academy teams look like they've been taking a bit of a pumping though, so genuinely couldn't say. 

12 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

I've been losing the fucking plot on here out of frustration

You definitely have. Your recent negativity has been giving @esquire8 a run for his money. We're not favourites any more but need to stay with it for the remaining games and see what happens. We're pish but the scum are looking equally as unconvincing. People question our mentality but theirs is just as fragile. There's more I want to write but don't want to derail the thread. Stick with it mate. If we end up well out the title race then by all means fire away but now is not that time. 

11 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

He did indeed mate. 

I'll be honest here, I was thinking the same just before that save. "He makes great saves, but he doesn't really make WOW saves.....like McGregor v' Bremen, Goram v's PVH.". Then he did that! :lol: It wasn't on those same levels if I'm being honest but it was up there. 

It was definitely a WOW save. For me anyway. I'm sure he was initially moving to his left before readjusting and saving with his right hand all in the blink of an eye. That was obviously the save which stood out but the one from outside the box down to his left was equally as good as it took a wicked deflection off Souttar which may have gone unnoticed in real time.