POTY awards

2 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

There’s not really as the players will all go way on holiday right after the Scottish Cup final on the 25th of May.

See if they can't be arsed to hang about to collect an award for their efforts, fuck em. Don't give them said award.

5 minutes ago, RealWorldRich said:

Having this before the season is finished is absolutely fucking farcical, honestly, it's a fucking disgrace.  We're in the thick of it for 2 more trophies, 5 games to focus on, and the players are being wined and dined and given trophies?

This is like awarding man of the match on the 75th minute with score at 1-1.  Whatever bright spark decided these award should be in April needs to give their head a wobble. There's plenty of time in June for this kind of thing.

in all my days giving these out before the season ends in fact it would be better to go around the world to NARSA etc at the end of the season for these awards

2 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

See if they can't be arsed to hang about to collect an award for their efforts, fuck em. Don't give them said award.

The players deserve all the criticism going but they’ll all have booked holidays based on end of season and club led plan for beginning of next season.

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

The players deserve all the criticism going but they’ll all have booked holidays based on end of season and club led plan for beginning of next season.

Not hard to schedule it for after our very last fixture, either that night or the next day.

5 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Six years at the club, especially in that position, and the majority injury-free is a decent accomplishment that the club recognises. 

No qualms with that, but RM sure does love to hate.

That doesn't mean it's not time to sell. It is.

Injury free means he's had a successful Rangers career?

Fuck me the bar really is on the floor 😫😫

1 minute ago, Prso's headband said:

Injury free is now a barometer for success at us. 

He’s had 18 attempts at domestic trophies in his time here and won 3. Even if you give them all a pass in Gerrard’s first season just to be kind due to the upheaval, 3 in 15 is laughable. 

What’s the achievement? Completing Scottish football? There’s players in their team who have double the amount of trophies he has in half the time. 

I knew there would be negative replies. I had you top of the list.

He's no Gough or Butcher, but he has been decent over the haul.

Just now, bluenoz said:

In what way? Genuinely? Give me 10 moments from his 6 years and 300 odd games where you watched a game and thought aye Connor Goldson really dug us out a hole there. He really led the team to a vital win. He’s a huge part of the diminished mentality of this club. Happy to compete for trophies, not win them

I’m all to well aware of Goldson’s shortcomings in his time with us but, over the piece, he has been one of our more consistent performers. He’s not been in great form of late but it seems over the top to mark him out as the scapegoat in what is, to be honest, a pretty poor Rangers team this season (who have overachieved largely due to the manager).

John Greig, one of our greatest players, played for ten seasons without being in a league winning team.  By the opinion of some fans today, that would define him as a ‘bottler’ (which he certainly wasn’t).  Think I’ll trust John’s opinion on who his award should go to.

1 minute ago, Prso's headband said:

In what way? Genuinely? Give me 10 moments from his 6 years and 300 odd games where you watched a game and thought aye Connor Goldson really dug us out a hole there. He really led the team to a vital win. He’s a huge part of the diminished mentality of this club. Happy to compete for trophies, not win them

I didn't say we should keep him. In fact, I said it's time to sell.

We have the best defensive record in the league, yet Vickers gets all the praise.

It's not like we just put him into the HOF. it's a small token award. He's getting recognized for his longevity. A wee, polite applause goes a long way. Nothing more.

3 minutes ago, Ibroxholm said:

I’m all to well aware of Goldson’s shortcomings in his time with us but, over the piece, he has been one of our more consistent performers. He’s not been in great form of late but it seems over the top to mark him out as the scapegoat in what is, to be honest, a pretty poor Rangers team this season (who have overachieved largely due to the manager).

John Greig, one of our greatest players, played for ten seasons without being in a league winning team.  By the opinion of some fans today, that would define him as a ‘bottler’ (which he certainly wasn’t).  Think I’ll trust John’s opinion on who his award should go to.

Spot on.

17 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

He is spinless cop out pass the buck tit.

Looking back think of all the goals he's cost, easy crosses etc etc. Or my biggest issue never at the right place right time.

Seville is unforgivable 

16 minutes ago, Ibroxholm said:

John Greig came up against the best side in their history, at a time when other teams in the league were competitive, prior to which he’d won a double and a treble (I think) 

There is zero comparison here 

Just now, psb07158 said:

John Greig came up against the best side in their history, at a time when other teams in the league were competitive, prior to which he’d won a double and a treble (I think) 

There is zero comparison here 

You could argue Goldson joined us at a time when the gap was never bigger, but I’d rather not compare them.