*****Official we love shitey hands and walls fc vs Rangers match thread*****

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

I mean…. What the fuck even is this.

IMG_3991.jpeg

The space they got on the edge of our box was mental. They had it in the same position where O'Riley scored from 3 or 4 times in quick success prior to him scoring and we did nothing about it. They were literally walking into our box at points.

1 hour ago, SkylineBlue said:

The space they got on the edge of our box was mental. They had it in the same position where O'Riley scored from 3 or 4 times in quick success prior to him scoring and we did nothing about it. They were literally walking into our box at points.

I blame the manager for not reacting but I suppose it’s easier to see it from above than pitch side. I’m sure Walter done that on occasion.

22 hours ago, bluenoz said:

It always baffles me how flat we are to begin OF games these days.

These players are mentally weak. There are no more than 5 players I would keep.

A massive summer ahead for Kloppen & Clement.

This 100% they come out the blocks it takes us ages to get up to speed 

On 12/05/2024 at 08:56, billythebear1986 said:

Its pretty gloomy just now and understandable, wouldnt be easy going to that midden full strength nevermind without a couple of key players missing. 

The midfield is what swings it in their favour just now. Under Gerrard we had the legs on them with Kamara and Aribo and a “fitter” Jack hence our results been alot better against them. Now we play similar system but lawrence and lundstrum cant run. Think Diamonde has potential and can see him kicking on again next year but we need a genuine box to box, what we all thought Raskin and Ciftuenes were going to be but both just arent good enough.

The main difference for me isn't necessarily faster legs, it's being able to create space by taking the ball in tight spaces under pressure. Kamara, Aribo and Jack could all take the ball under pressure, turn or at least move it on and keep possession, and create space for others when the suck the opposition into challenges. I don't think we have players with capability in the squad at the moment.