*****Official we love shitey hands and walls fc vs Rangers match thread*****

Its pretty gloomy just now and understandable, wouldnt be easy going to that midden full strength nevermind without a couple of key players missing. 

The midfield is what swings it in their favour just now. Under Gerrard we had the legs on them with Kamara and Aribo and a “fitter” Jack hence our results been alot better against them. Now we play similar system but lawrence and lundstrum cant run. Think Diamonde has potential and can see him kicking on again next year but we need a genuine box to box, what we all thought Raskin and Ciftuenes were going to be but both just arent good enough.

3 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Tbf, not only OF games.

How many games has that been lately we’ve conceded or nearly conceded in first minutes of games.

To be fair, that started way back in Gerrard’s last season, and continued under Beale. I mind we went through a ridiculous run of conceding first just before Gerrard left.

At least the players are consistent in that sense.

Just now, Davy Vandenbroucke said:

To be fair, that started way back in Gerrard’s last season, and continued under Beale.

At least the players are consistent in that sense.

This past month has been beyond ludicrous tbh.

I’ve no idea what goes through their heads.

1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

It always baffles me how flat we are to begin OF games these days.

These players are mentally weak. There are no more than 5 players I would keep.

A massive summer ahead for Kloppen & Clement.

Who are the five.  Butland, Sterling, Ridvan, Cantwell,  Diomande ?

2 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

This past month has been beyond ludicrous tbh.

I’ve no idea what goes through their heads.

That's the thing, especially when you know the opposition is going to go for an early goal. 

You either try and get the positive early goal yourself, or keep it tight for the first 10/ 15 minutes and grow into the game. 

We seem to do neither. 

2 hours ago, Swagger said:

We brought on Scott Wright and Macausland yesterday. 
That sums up the mess we are in 

I may be in the minority but I thought they both actually tried to push forward and get something - am shocked to hear myself say it I must admit

11 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Gerrard didn’t help himself by blowing the easiest route to champions league football that we could have been presented with.

This.

We had pushed the boat out in the 55 season. We had also paid money in the previous season to get Jack Simpson early even though we were getting him for free that summer. We sanctioned a significant wage for Lundstram and a new contract for Defoe. And he allegedly put his foot down on no players being sold.

He then fucked up Malmo. I'm sure if we qualified he would have got more money to spend.

21 minutes ago, Monty Zoomer said:

I may be in the minority but I thought they both actually tried to push forward and get something - am shocked to hear myself say it I must admit

Neither McCausland or Wright are good enough to be in our match day squad if we have aspirations of ever winning a title.

11 hours ago, 285miles said:

This can all be traced back to the board failing to seize the momentum after 55 by backing SG to the hilt over new players so we could assert dominance. 
Although SG would have moved to EPL eventually there were plenty more trophies in him here and he clearly left due to limited backing from the board. There was definitely more quality in the squad under SG and it’s infuriating how we’ve regressed .:ang:

There was no money to give him. We'd hit our limit after financing his squad build over 3 seasons. 

Gerrard didn't want to sell to refresh. 

33 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

Neither McCausland or Wright are good enough to be in our match day squad if we have aspirations of ever winning a title.

A bit shitty because he’s a youngster but McCausland offers nothing. Runs around really quickly and nothing else - should be nowhere near our first team squad 

7 minutes ago, Swagger said:

A bit shitty because he’s a youngster but McCausland offers nothing. Runs around really quickly and nothing else - should be nowhere near our first team squad 

He's 21. By now he doesn't have to be good enough to be a starter, but he has to be able to show something. Other than running about I dont see anything with him at all. He won't make it at Rangers.

5 hours ago, Boybluesy said:

Rodgers gives me the fucking boak.  He's getting a free ride from us. 

Was talking to someone recently and mentioned the whole 'come back in may' or whatever it was that the reptile said, and how it sticks in my throat.

He made a good point that they can be as arrogant as they want because we never prove them wrong. Yet again been on a strong position and fucked it. McGregor strolling about yesterday with that grin on his ugly mug. Yet again we've failed to rise to the occasion.