Just now, Rangers_no1 said:

Walker has produced it at the highest level, Rice never has.

9 year between them, and at Rice’s age Walker was playing for top 4 hopefuls Tottenham, and hadn’t won a European trophy :) also just cost his team the tournament 

1 minute ago, berkshirebear said:

How are you British if your supporting Spain over England? Sound more like a celtic fan

How can one be Scottish (not you going by the username obviously) if you don't support Kilmarnock, the scum, Motherwell, the sheep etc in Europe? 

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

9 year between them, and at Rice’s age Walker was playing for top 4 hopefuls Tottenham, and hadn’t won a European trophy :) also just cost his team the tournament 

Lol and? 

None of this is an argument for fucking Declan Rice being world class ffs

1 minute ago, Jamie0202 said:

How can one be Scottish (not you going by the username obviously) if you don't support Kilmarnock, the scum, Motherwell, the sheep etc in Europe? 

celtic arent British. I want all Scottish teams to win in Europe as better for our co effiecient and Rangers  

Just now, The Godfather said:

Decent for the PL.

Not sure who we all class as top tier nowdays though, there's a bleak amount of what we had years back with the likes of Messi, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Zidane, Gerrard, Lampard, Xavi, Iniesta, Lahm...and so on

In his position you'd have to say Rice is up there, more to do with the lack of genuine world class players 

I don't think he's anywhere near the conversation tbh. 

I genuinely think he'd struggle to get in France, Spain and maybe even Portugal's squads let alone their first XIs.

2 minutes ago, BuffaloUSAGers said:

I thought Cucurella was just Manuel from Fawlty Towers with long hair. Boy was I wrong. He totally took out Saka out of the game today. Ran up and down the left side relentlessly. 

He kept leaving something on Saka early doors every time he got near him and Saka didn't want to know. The only times Saka really got going is when Cucurella was caught up the park.

8 minutes ago, berkshirebear said:

Englands a big part of Britain. You dont have to be a Brit, but its a weird thing to claim to be whilst supporting Spain

So you supported Scotland?

EDIT - Actually what do you actually think a Brit is?

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

It wasn’t an argument for being world class :lol: it was a comparison to Walker at the same age 

Why though? 

I don't understand. Walker obvious is, or was, world class. So what difference does it make where he was at Rice's age?

2 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I don't think he's anywhere near the conversation tbh. 

I genuinely think he'd struggle to get in France, Spain and maybe even Portugal's squads let alone their first XIs.

Spain obviously not but France had to call in Kante who's in his mid 30s now and playing in Saudi.

Portugal midfield isn't up to much imo. Rice would get into those teams imo. 

I don't think Rice is the best player in his position by any means and as usual the PL hype will blind some folk but also at the same time I think he's a very good player in his role (not for England but more so Arsenal as Southgate is a poor tactician). 

7 minutes ago, berkshirebear said:

celtic arent British. I want all Scottish teams to win in Europe as better for our co effiecient and Rangers  

Some of the scum fans maybe don't identify as British but back in the real world in football terms they 100% represent Scotland and outwith us obviously contribute far more to the coefficient than the rest which benefits us. I still don't support the scum in Europe though. 

4 minutes ago, BuffaloUSAGers said:

Just in this tournament, Rodri, Kroos, Camavinga, Vitinha, they are all better than Rice.

Didn't see much from him tbh, thought he had a very meh tournament.

11 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Another 2 years to wait for another big International tournament. Sigh.

Was just mulling that the 30 years of hurt in the original 3 Lions song will have doubled by then!