Welcome Back Liam kelly

Goalkeeper position is hard tbh. You can’t have two excellent keepers battling it out for no1. It’s never going to work. 
so fingers crossed Butland keeps fit and healthy all season long and we never need to call on Kelly. 

1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

Not wanting to be a moany bastard, but honestly think he’s absolutely pish. Throws one in against us all the time. 

Think so? My memory must be sketchy, I mind he had a howler against us last season but that aside thought he seemed q good shot stopper, against us at least.

Assuming he's not no.1 have absolutely no issue with this 

15 minutes ago, Madina said:

Aside from the quota issue, it's a strange move all round. We're signing a very mediocre GK and he's giving up playing every week to sit on the bench 

He's probably gonna get more money sat on our bench than playing for another team so he's probably OK with it 😂

Welcome home!  It's a good signing from both sides.  We get an experienced backup while our younger better keepers like Munn are developing and he gets the opportunity to play for his boyhood team again while getting paid far more than he would get anywhere else I'd imagine.  Doubt he'll play many games but good luck to him when he does.

1 hour ago, Madina said:

Aside from the quota issue, it's a strange move all round. We're signing a very mediocre GK and he's giving up playing every week to sit on the bench 

He came here a relatively decent well off man.

We are going to make him a very wealthy honourable man.

Very good back up keeper imo 

I was at an under 18s game at St Mirren Park years ago.

Extra time, penalties, sudden death.

Right down to the keepers taking penalties...

Kelly scored then saved the next penalty to win it!

He thrives under pressure.

Great signing imo.

On 27/06/2024 at 17:05, KeyserSoze said:

Goalkeeper position is hard tbh. You can’t have two excellent keepers battling it out for no1. It’s never going to work. 
so fingers crossed Butland keeps fit and healthy all season long and we never need to call on Kelly. 

Butland is obviously the better keeper mate

Players get injured/need a break.

Having too many keepers is akin to having to much money.

It isn't a thing.