graeme_4’s official Clement discussion thread

20 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Tomorrow will be one year since manager has taken over. 

Next few weeks are critical for me. He's got:

Killie Away 

FCSB Home

St Mirren Home

Sheep Away

Motherwell League Cup. 

If he doesn't win all 5 of those games I think he'll be in trouble. 

:lol:

Im going to save you the surprise mate. We won’t win all 5 of those games. 

I think we’ll struggle by Killie, win the FCSB game possibly looking quite good doing so, struggle against St Mirren but still win, and then we’ll lose away to Aberdeen. We’ll get by Motherwell in the semis and being in a final will add a bit of a feel good factor to the support again and then celtic will beat us probably quite comfortably in the final

Thats how the next 5 games go. In fact our entire season is just going to follow that trend of being a stuttering session. We’ll finish second but a mile behind celtic in the league 

22 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Killie Away 

FCSB Home

St Mirren Home

Sheep Away

Motherwell League Cup. 

Would love to win them all but I’ll be amazed if we do.

There’s so many levels of ‘trouble’  but tbh his position will be safe unless there’s a cpl of serious scuddings.   

1 minute ago, Amokachi said:

Would love to win them all but I’ll be amazed if we do.

There’s so many levels of ‘trouble’  but tbh his position will be safe unless there’s a cpl of serious scuddings.   

I think he’ll see out the entire season unless he walks himself. Like you said it would take a couple of serious doings for him to be in danger of a sacking and it would need to be a couple of random sides and not celtic or some big European side, because he’ll not get the boot for getting battered by sides like that 

36 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Killie Away 

FCSB Home

St Mirren Home

Sheep Away

Motherwell League Cup. 

I know how football works in this part of the world and he would be under pressure. However until the new CEO and the structure above him is in place he stays. Killie & Aberdeen are the tests but I think we win both. 

This team aren't very good but we will finish 2nd this season of that I have no doubts. It's about trying to topple the scum and how long will that take and asking does this management team have it in them that's where I start to doubt that's a discussion for further down the road maybe next summer once this season plays out. 

37 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I think we’ll struggle by Killie, win the FCSB game possibly looking quite good doing so, struggle against St Mirren but still win, and then we’ll lose away to Aberdeen. We’ll get by Motherwell in the semis and being in a final will add a bit of a feel good factor to the support again and then celtic will beat us probably quite comfortably in the final

Thats how the next 5 games go. In fact our entire season is just going to follow that trend of being a stuttering session. We’ll finish second but a mile behind celtic in the league 

Probably won't win all 5 if I'm being honest. 

I do think but he'll be under a ton more pressure, if there's a bad result in that run of games.

A lot of folk being worried about the sheep and the start they've made. Well see if they keep it up. If we lose there but I can see folk losing it with him. 

10 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

I know how football works in this part of the world and he would be under pressure. However until the new CEO and the structure above him is in place he stays. Killie & Aberdeen are the tests but I think we win both. 

This team aren't very good but we will finish 2nd this season of that I have no doubts. It's about trying to topple the scum and how long will that take and asking does this management team have it in them that's where I start to doubt that's a discussion for further down the road maybe next summer once this season plays out. 

I agree the new structure will need to be in place. 

However if our support totally turn on him and it gets toxic. We know how this board will react. They'll sack him to get the pressure off themselves. It's what they’ve done since Gerrard. 

51 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Win those 5 and you’ll be back to feeling we’re winning a quadruple.

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

It’s like I’ve seen this movie before.

13 minutes ago, BlueboyG said:

I dont think hes under as much pressure as folk think, and if it did go badly in even a couple of those games coming up could we even afford to sack him ?

We all said the same thing with Beale last season at this stage. Couldn't afford to get rid, no one out there etc. 

I honestly still think this board even with the new deal would sack him to take pressure off them. It's pretty much the only consistent thing they've done. 

11 minutes ago, BlueboyG said:

I dont think hes under as much pressure as folk think, and if it did go badly in even a couple of those games coming up could we even afford to sack him ?

No especially after the Board decided to give him another year based on fuck all. I don’t think he’ll be sacked this season even though we won’t win anything whilst the scum canter to another treble. He’ll probably be sacked this time next year though as guaranteed we’ll be in a similar position, multiple points behind the scum, not in the Champions League etc.

The support will properly turn on him by then similar to Beale v the sheep, well those who left will as can see attendances dropping massively.

3 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

We all said the same thing with Beale last season at this stage. Couldn't afford to get rid, no one out there etc. 

I honestly still think this board even with the new deal would sack him to take pressure off them. It's pretty much the only consistent thing they've done. 

At this point I think the Board would keep him just to spite us.

1 minute ago, B1872 said:

At this point I think the Board would keep him just to spite us.

I think it depends how toxic things get. 

Just like beale I think that sheep game in the next 5 will be massive for him. 

Our support completely turned on Beale after that loss and if Clement goes there and loses I could see the same thing happening again. 

2 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Glad to see this forum has brightened up a bit since my last visit ffs

3 hours ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Killie Away 

FCSB Home

St Mirren Home

Sheep Away

Motherwell League Cup. 

It’s not really critical.

We’re winning nothing this season, but also not going to sack him.

Even if we lost all 5, he’ll still be here until we get a new CEO and others in the door.

1 minute ago, .Williamson. said:

Just being realistic mate. There’s nothing to suggest anything other than what I’ve posted there will happen. We look fucking awful 

Not saying youre wrong but the toughest game in that 5 is sheep at pittodrie so its really not inconceivable that we win all 5.  Wouldnt put money on it happening but its also not the worst run of games we will see this season.