Is Clement getting an easy ride?

Just now, The Godfather said:

We spent 2 million on a striker who can't even get on the bench.

We have spent like fucking morons...again

Again, there's not many managers who sign the players now though, so I'm not sure how that's Clements fault.

Just now, TEFTONG said:

The football under Gio was utterly abysmal. 

I'm not defending Clements teams current footballing lack of style here. I can't as it's grim viewing. 

But the revisionism about Gio is getting beyond a joke. 

Gio should have been backed 100% but Bisgrove wanted his wee pal Beale in the door. 

Clement will need time to get rid of the pish and bring in the players he wants. If by then we are still chronic then I'm sure the support will have every right to give Phil it stinking. 

Gio didn't get a chance to build anything or get any transfer fund of any kind. He got us to a European final and also won a cup...more than Clement has or likely will do.

Gios tenure ended badly and the football was shite but it wasn't near the levels of shite I am watching now. 

If we were going to just give a manager a clean slate and allow a few seasons of pish then it should have been Gio without a doubt and that's coming from someone who wanted him out.

Be careful what you wish for I guess.

2 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Somebody needs a good shake for signing Igamane for over a million quid if he’s not anywhere near ready to play 

Just utterly brain dead

One of the most baffling decisions I've seen. Fuck it would've made more sense if we signed him and loaned him straight back to his club than this does 

1 minute ago, J-Maestro said:

Again, there's not many managers who sign the players now though, so I'm not sure how that's Clements fault.

Because he'd have had a say in it just like with Diomande. 

Again some don't want him to have a hand in anything that's remotely negative.

It's weird as fuck tbh 

12 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

If we were just going to blindy allow a manager to build over a few years then we 100% should have kept Gio.

He had far more in the bank than Clement and as poor as we looked it's still nowhere as bad as the football we are playing now. 

We are literally throwing another generation of fans growing up watching us to the wolves. It's so fucking long ago since we were a dominant force over more than 1 single year. Soon it will be looked on like a rare glimpse of glory in the distant past.

Completely agree, we should never had got rid of GVB.

Getting rid of PC imo is is just repeating the same mistake. It might turn out to the right decision, but with the financial state, the rebuild required, and the likely market we’d be shopping in for a replacement I think the odds are slightly better for keeping him.

Hes not making it easy though, that’s why I’d prefer him to leave Lawrence, Dowell, Matondo, Wright and arguably Tav out of the squad altogether, tell them they need to find new clubs, and for us to deal with the consequences on the pitch, at least then I’d know he’s on the same page.

Just now, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

You can’t have it both ways.

‘Needs his own players’.

‘Players signed are not his’.

:confused:

Aye players to fit his system, he said before they'd got in a few for the future and needed players for now.

If we don't see the lad at all then aye there's a big issue, but when we've got a squad were Scott Wright is a starter, then we're fucked no matter what.

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

Gio didn't get a chance to build anything or get any transfer fund of any kind. He got us to a European final and also won a cup...more than Clement has or likely will do.

Gios tenure ended badly and the football was shite but it wasn't near the levels of shite I am watching now. 

If we were going to just give a manager a clean slate and allow a few seasons of pish then it should have been Gio without a doubt and that's coming from someone who wanted him out.

Be careful what you wish for I guess.

Gio back end of the first season was pretty good and seemed to have got the measure of Postecoglu.

Might have been so different had we got Doekhi, Maatsen etc.

Though definitely the right time to end it when it happened.

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

Because he'd have had a say in it just like with Diomande. 

Again some don't want him to have a hand in anything that's remotely negative.

It's weird as fuck tbh 

I think some of team selection and subs have been absolutely shocking, I'm just not going to have a meltdown cause some guy we signed for the future isn't starting ahead of Dessers/Danilo.

Gio back end of the first season was pretty good and seemed to have got the measure of Postecoglu.

The league was long gone by then though. 

Just now, J-Maestro said:

Aye players to fit his system, he said before they'd got in a few for the future and needed players for now.

If we don't see the lad at all then aye there's a big issue, but when we've got a squad were Scott Wright is a starter, then we're fucked no matter what.

He’s a starter in part because Clement seems to rate him.

As he did Lundstram, Lawrence and a couple of others we collectively feel are nowhere near it.

4 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Somebody needs a good shake for signing Igamane for over a million quid if he’s not anywhere near ready to play 

Just utterly brain dead

I'd be tempted to walk if I was a manager in that situation.

You have to build for the future, yes, but 2m is wild considering we have a guy who needs 6 chances to score as our starting striker and another one who the jury was out on before he got a bad injury.

It also sets the player up for complete failure because it will always be held against him - rightly or wrongly. 

Infuriating decision making, and that is us from top to bottom right now. 

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

He’s a starter in part because Clement seems to rate him.

As he did Lundstram, Lawrence and a couple of others we collectively feel are nowhere near it.

Lundstram was our best player until he wasn't getting the money he wanted.

Lawrence is a starter as Cantwell doesn't listen to instruction and now doesn't want to be here. And Dowell is just shite.

Wright is a starter as the other options were Matondo or a no pre-season Cerny.

2 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I know it had to end and I wanted it too but that's because we all thought better things would come. 

If we gave Gio the budget Beale got I'm utterly convinced he'd still be the manager today. 

We will need to back Clement because there's no other choice, just grim he seems like a manager who has no plan B and his plan A is eye bleeding uninspiring football.

10 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

If Clement had a system that would be a start. 

I still think aswell as other areas we are 2 quality midfielders short, not just one. 

I thought Barron was ok yesterday, but I'm sorry I just don't see it with Diomande at all. Don't know if that's a bit harsh but there is only so much we can all say "hopefully he'll come good with a bit more time". Very seldom does that happen. 

6 minutes ago, RM Monitor And Standards Officer said:

I genuinely don't see what people see in him or why the need to wait for his own players to come in.

6 wins in 16 is absolutely fucking terrible 

It’s 6 wins in 17 mate. I just checked 

Since we lost at home to Benfica we’ve won 6 times 

1 minute ago, RM Monitor And Standards Officer said:

I genuinely don't see what people see in him or why the need to wait for his own players to come in.

6 wins in 16 is absolutely fucking terrible 

Clutching at straws but I’ll give it a go

Knock out stages of EL, beating Betis team at home, they hadn’t been beaten there domestically all season.

Won the League Cup

Against the odds challenging in the league, util the usual suspects shat the nest and gave up again, most likely because they knew their time was up.

Better team In the SCF, with the same loser players who had shat the nest in the league, minus Lundstrum who he thankfully left out.

As I said, hardly a glowing highlight reel.

i honestly think the finances of getting rid of him now would cripple us even more, reducing the players we can bring in.

12 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

It’s 6 wins in 17 mate. I just checked 

Since we lost at home to Benfica we’ve won 6 times 

Even that Benfica loss was incredibly naive to lose that goal from our own corner.

Even that Benfica loss was incredibly naive to lose that goal from our own corner.

IIRC I'm sure Ally on commentary was calling it all game before we lost the goal as it was so blatantly obvious that we were leaving ourselves short at the back from our own corners. 

2 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

The tactical genius Ally McCoist had spent most of the first half warning us about it.

Shame nobody on the ‘inside’ was paying attention!

2 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

IIRC I'm sure Ally on commentary was calling it all game before we lost the goal as it was so blatantly obvious that we were leaving ourselves short at the back from our own corners. 

‘Snap’!😂

44 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

Their players weren't shite though they'd had one horrendous season. 

This is rewriting history in an attempt to defend Clement.

They lost many key players from previous years.

Edouard started away to Hearts and wanted to leave. The likes of Bain, Ralston, Soro, Bitton were starting that day.

Let's not act like he had a squad that only had one poor season. He made numerous changes. In fact only McGregor, Rogic,Turnbull and Taylor featured regularly in our 55 season that played a big part under fatty the next season.