Olympics 2024

Sport needs big mouths like Kerr and Ingewhatever. Makes you watch. 

Good shit. That boring American guy's a cunt for getting between it tho.

6 minutes ago, Inigo said:

That skateboarder win a medal with a dislocated shoulder? Epic. Take a bow, young lady.

And the female runner (Neilson??) has MS, they were saying she was near paralysed and fought herself back to compete at this level. 

45 minutes ago, Inigo said:

That skateboarder win a medal with a dislocated shoulder? Epic. Take a bow, young lady.

Sky Brown. Deserves her name mentioned. Great medal!

No comment from @Inigo on Mijaín López matching Milo of Croton's 2500 year-old record with five straight gold medals in consecutive games in Greco-Roman wrestling?

I'm disappointed. 

A more impressive feat than Phelps' imo. The greatest modern Olympian. 

14 minutes ago, JamieD said:

No comment from @Inigo on Mijaín López matching Milo of Croton's 2500 year-old record with five straight gold medals in consecutive games in Greco-Roman wrestling?

I'm disappointed. 

A more impressive feat than Phelps' imo. The greatest modern Olympian. 

Haha, a great feat indeed. 

A way to go to match all of the great man's achievements, right enough. Should be making military college and pomegranate training his number one priority. 

22 hours ago, Madina said:

The big yin from Algeria through to the boxing final. I've never watched "her" full fights before tonight but there was something very unsettling about it 

Did u watch it on bbc/bbc highlights? Couldn't find it

2 minutes ago, Madina said:

It was live on the "red button" last night when I watched it 

The coverage on the BBC has been frustrating. If you record it, you've no chance as they switch between sports that often you rarely get the full event unless you can go to the red button.

18 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Hudson Smith will always regret those last 20 metres, Hall was grimacing, busting a gut and Hudson Smith just thought it was in the bag......what a waste

No he didn't mate. I can promise you he was trying 100% (it's the Olympics final).  He knows these guys finish fast and he was also looking to run a fast time.

Can't tell how hard someone is trying by the expression on their face.

5 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

No he didn't mate. I can promise you he was trying 100% (it's the Olympics final).  He knows these guys finish fast and he was also looking to run a fast time.

Can't tell how hard someone is trying by the expression on their face.

Afraid I don't agree, if you watch every other final tonight you'll see what I mean, when you push yourself that extra 10-20% the strain is evident in your body and your face.

I hope for his sake he was because then he can be happy at the silver rather than forever kicking himself for not getting gold.

He did also say he went into his next gear too late.

Just now, NeoGeo7 said:

Afraid I don't agree, if you watch every other final tonight you'll see what I mean, when you push yourself that extra 10-20% the strain is evident in your body and your face.

I hope for his sake he was because then he can be happy at the silver rather than forever kicking himself for not getting gold.

He did also say he went into his next gear too late.

Every athlete is different. There's an element where you're trying not to tie up in the last 30m-50m of the 400m. I've watched MHS for years and he always looks like this.

It's an Olympic final. Hall is a notoriously fast finisher and has beaten MHS recently. MHS has also been utterly obsessed with winning gold in all interviews the last 12 months - he was trying 100%.

1 hour ago, Negri's lovechild said:

The coverage on the BBC has been frustrating. If you record it, you've no chance as they switch between sports that often you rarely get the full event unless you can go to the red button.

Yip, between that and them cutting away at 6 for the News then back again at 7. I hate watching it on the iPlayer as you have about a minute delay than what the actual is showing 😕 

Also really annoyed at the lack of football they're showing. About 5 seconds of the goal the USA women scored to get to the final. Despite live football on TV saying the full match was on the iPlayer 

16 hours ago, Madina said:

Yip, between that and them cutting away at 6 for the News then back again at 7. I hate watching it on the iPlayer as you have about a minute delay than what the actual is showing 😕 

Also really annoyed at the lack of football they're showing. About 5 seconds of the goal the USA women scored to get to the final. Despite live football on TV saying the full match was on the iPlayer 

Was watching the other day and "badminton live now on red button" popped up 

Tuned into see the last point then it went to loads of trailers for bbc shows, then back to the sofa for more gabbing.