Shambles from top to bottom

Just now, KingKirk said:

Find myself doing that often establishment archives on YouTube is great for old videos/highlights put a smile on ma face but then I think just how harmful 2012 has been it's taken the soul of our football club man and it's tough. Questioning will we ever see a Rangers team win 2 or 3 championship in a row again or is it the odd Cup win every few year the best we have now. 

I've asked a few mates who were watching us in the Advocaat-ish era if they thought that'll be the best Rangers team we'll ever get to see in our generation, not to get all doom n gloom about it. Only got to see a couple of games back then with pocket money at school.:lol:

7 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

So, if a manager has been shafted by the board, why should it be the manager that has to go?

He has been shafted imo but after 10 months we are worse now than under beale. Just route 1 nonsense We can be shite but still try and play football mate id be alot more sympathetic towards him if we did but we don’t. 

2 minutes ago, King Jela said:

what's even more worrying is who we can actually afford if we sack Clement. 

We're skint, so I'd imagine paying an agreed fee or paying him for the year will be the only 2 ways to get rid of him.

So I'm assuming this will effect the wage budget we can afford for a manager. 

So if we've fucked up 3 appointments that are within this budget post-Gerrard, then what level are we descending onto next for the next lamb to the slaughter?

Exactly. I honestly can’t even begin to imagine. Every year I’ve always felt some sort of hope for the future no matter how forlorn that may have been. Now I just feel numb. Which is far worse than anger. And I can’t imagine I’m the only one.

5 minutes ago, King Jela said:

what's even more worrying is who we can actually afford if we sack Clement. 

We're skint, so I'd imagine paying an agreed fee or paying him for the year will be the only 2 ways to get rid of him.

So I'm assuming this will effect the wage budget we can afford for a manager. 

So if we've fucked up 3 appointments that are within this budget post-Gerrard, then what level are we descending onto next for the next lamb to the slaughter?

I genuinely think Derek McInnes will be our next manager. After multiple poor appointments the board will 100% play it safe and look for what they consider to be a no frills, back to basics, type manager and he ticks every single one of those boxes. At this point I don’t even know who we could attract, or who I would want, but his name will be at the top of every bookies list of Clement leaves or is sacked. 100%.

3 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

I genuinely think Derek McInnes will be our next manager. After multiple poor appointments the board will 100% play it safe and look for what they consider to be a no frills, back to basics, type manager and he ticks every single one of those boxes. At this point I don’t even know who we could attract, or who I would want, but his name will be at the top of every bookies list of Clement leaves or is sacked. 100%.

I think appointing DM would be the moral death of the club (or the club I know and grew up with). It feels like we would be us openly accepting of being 2nd frankly 

20 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

So, if a manager has been shafted by the board, why should it be the manager that has to go?

Both are to blame. Board for the chronic handling of the club since 55 and Clement for his tactics and general play. 

4 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

If the board deem Derek Mcinness as the next appointment, whose team sit bottom of the league, then the board are bigger also-rans than I first thought.

Firstly, we need to appoint a CEO who understands the history and ambitions of the club, in other words, an ex-player (not sure who, before you ask) who then appoints a competent manager.

Bennet knows nothing about the game, only corporate stuff. 

15 minutes ago, CR3 said:

I've asked a few mates who were watching us in the Advocaat-ish era if they thought that'll be the best Rangers team we'll ever get to see in our generation, not to get all doom n gloom about it. Only got to see a couple of games back then with pocket money at school.:lol:

I was only 9 when he came in mate but remember watching games thinking wow Ferguson was my absolute hero mate. Wee stickers of him all over ma jotters in school🤣

My younger self certainly enjoyed those days 😂 not a fucking care in the world. 

3 hours ago, CoplandRoad83 said:

We're a disgrace right now. It's gross mismanagement from top to bottom.

A game worth a fortune and we're rocking up to a half empty stadium that's not our own.

Years of ignoring the reality of the squad and not making smart investments.

No strategy and progression.

A culture of accepting and rewarding failure.

Celebrating draws against the filth when the game was there to be won.

Pursuing with players we know are not good enough.

Ignoring signings in our league we know wwould improve us.

Captains who know what its like to lose more than win at our club and no changes being made.

A huge reality check is needed and it starts from the pathetic 'leadership' thats meant to be the custodians of one of the greatest clubs in world football.

There's a sickness in this club and it starts from the top.

I don't recognise Rangers in what I'm seeing. We are freefalling. And there's no accountability.

If I presided over this shambles at my work I'd expect a sacking, but nothing will happen.

It's a fucking disgrace.

The problem with the Club at this time is due to those in the boardroom or who were in the boardroom in the last half dozen years.    It isn't top to bottom, that kind of hyperbole doesn't help.

Another problem is that our fans do absolutely nothing about this situation.  There are no fans' groups to take legitimate grievances to the boardroom.  The Fans Advisory Board is a waste of time.  Those various fan groups which had existed and then amalgamated to finally disappear have no replacement(s).   Club 1872 is silent.  Taking anything to the Fans Liaison is simply pointless.    The AGM is the one place where if you are a shareholder you should be able to raise valid points but what does the Rangers board do? They ramble on with self-congratulatory presentations and leave very little time for shareholders to get over their points.   In fact at the last AGM half the shareholders couldn't get into the NEH and instead had to sit in Argyle House.

When John Bennett took over as chairman about 15 months ago I fully expected a sea-change at Ibrox.  My God was I wrong with that.  The utter chaos with the Copland Road stand is mind-numbingly incompetent and yet we have no clarity on who was mainly responsible, did anyone lose their job because of it, why were materials not on site prior to commencement, is there a cast-iron penalty clause, is there compensation due to us for consequential loss?   Instead of telling the fans the answers to such questions, Bennett gave us the excruciating "interview" on video in which he rambled on for some 20 odd embarrassing minutes.   Without his constant repetition the painful experience could have been curtailed to about 5 minutes.  I still cringe at his statement "we are going to finish the job" or similar.   As if we needed told that nugget of wisdom.

Until such time that the board is made aware of the severe disgruntlement  of the fan base then I suspect very little will change any time soon.  All I can reasonably hope is that Clement and Koppen can carry on with player disposal and recruitment despite the board.   We are all aware that we need to off-load at least 10 players (unlikely I know) and cut the wage bill dramatically.    So... fingers crossed.

3 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

The problem with the Club at this time is due to those in the boardroom or who were in the boardroom in the last half dozen years.    It isn't top to bottom, that kind of hyperbole doesn't help.

Another problem is that our fans do absolutely nothing about this situation.  There are no fans' groups to take legitimate grievances to the boardroom.  The Fans Advisory Board is a waste of time.  Those various fan groups which had existed and then amalgamated to finally disappear have no replacement(s).   Club 1872 is silent.  Taking anything to the Fans Liaison is simply pointless.    The AGM is the one place where if you are a shareholder you should be able to raise valid points but what does the Rangers board do? They ramble on with self-congratulatory presentations and leave very little time for shareholders to get over their points.   In fact at the last AGM half the shareholders couldn't get into the NEH and instead had to sit in Argyle House.

When John Bennett took over as chairman about 15 months ago I fully expected a sea-change at Ibrox.  My God was I wrong with that.  The utter chaos with the Copland Road stand is mind-numbingly incompetent and yet we have no clarity on who was mainly responsible, did anyone lose their job because of it, why were materials not on site prior to commencement, is there a cast-iron penalty clause, is there compensation due to us for consequential loss?   Instead of telling the fans the answers to such questions, Bennett gave us the excruciating "interview" on video in which he rambled on for some 20 odd embarrassing minutes.   Without his constant repetition the painful experience could have been curtailed to about 5 minutes.  I still cringe at his statement "we are going to finish the job" or similar.   As if we needed told that nugget of wisdom.

Until such time that the board is made aware of the severe disgruntlement  of the fan base then I suspect very little will change any time soon.  All I can reasonably hope is that Clement and Koppen can carry on with player disposal and recruitment despite the board.   We are all aware that we need to off-load at least 10 players (unlikely I know) and cut the wage bill dramatically.    So... fingers crossed.

At this point I'm just hoping Clement and Koppen can get us to a good foundation for the next manager and DoF hopefully with a new board.

19 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Should go for muscat let him implement his style then get players in that suit it Postecoglou had ralston etc doing the inverted full back in emergencies so it can be done without going daft with signings early on. His season finishes in December 

17 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

If Clement does go at any point in the next coming weeks/months then it's an appointment the fans will need to get behind. We won't have the money for a manager abroad. And having a Scottish manager who has seen us regress for so long in the league might be able to understand the frustrations that the fans feel. 

Every pundit in Scotland and fans of all clubs can tell you how shite we are and what needs to change it's only our arrogant arse board who don't know. At least Mcinnes can get the best out of his squad and players. Maybe the time for looking for that "Big appointment " are done and it's time to rebuild. Guys like Tav and that need to go now.

Build a spine in our team from home grown players like Barron and once we have young players add some experience in also and made sure when we sign players the contracts are strict and sensible. Bring in better scouts and a better footballing model for transfers.

Mcinnes would at least start with making us hard to beat.

If fans want to slaughter me for that then that's fine but remember nothing has worked so far minus Gerrard maybe it's time to take that gamble. Our support have always turned there noses up at SPL talent also and look what Barron has done since coming to the club. We need more of that in our team 100%

6 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Should go for muscat let him implement his style then get players in that suit it Postecoglou had ralston etc doing the inverted full back in emergencies so it can be done without going daft with signings early on. His season finishes in December 

This current team playing Muscats style :lol: and even at that we cant afford more players in the door to implement his style.

If Clement goes we need to stick close to home and bring in someone who can understand and agree with the fans and make those changes. We need a manager who will make us really hard to beat and start it off from there and build upon it.

8 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

When did Postecoglou implement his style without his players in? Postecoglou spent plenty his first Summer.

23 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

CB CM 

I think we're about the same, other than Lawrence being a massive downgrade on Cantwell admittedly.

But Cantwell wanting out leaves us without a choice with that particular player.

5 minutes ago, BlueJacketRFC said:

If Clement does go at any point in the next coming weeks/months then it's an appointment the fans will need to get behind. We won't have the money for a manager abroad. And having a Scottish manager who has seen us regress for so long in the league might be able to understand the frustrations that the fans feel. 

Every pundit in Scotland and fans of all clubs can tell you how shite we are and what needs to change it's only our arrogant arse board who don't know. At least Mcinnes can get the best out of his squad and players. Maybe the time for looking for that "Big appointment " are done and it's time to rebuild. Guys like Tav and that need to go now.

Build a spine in our team from home grown players like Barron and once we have young players add some experience in also and made sure when we sign players the contracts are strict and sensible. Bring in better scouts and a better footballing model for transfers.

Mcinnes would at least start with making us hard to beat.

If fans want to slaughter me for that then that's fine but remember nothing has worked so far minus Gerrard maybe it's time to take that gamble. Our support have always turned there noses up at SPL talent also and look what Barron has done since coming to the club. We need more of that in our team 100%

If you look back at when we had to cut costs and downsize after the Advocaat years, we went with Alex McLeish (who at that point had nothing more than a first division title on his managerial CV) because we needed that reliable, steady hand who could just take us back to basics and get us motoring again, and I do think that’s almost where we are now. 

In an ideal world, McInnes wouldn’t be for me, and I think it’s an appointment which would divide fans, but he’s done everything he can in Scottish Football when you mange outside of us or them, and history has a tendency to repeat itself. That’s why I think he would be a cheap and viable option to the board.

30 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Not convinced by Muscat at all. Think it’s a bit of a red flag that he did what he did in Japan, and it would have been noticed enough to give him another opportunity in Europe, and he opted to take a job in China instead.

12 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

If you look back at when we had to cut costs and downsize after the Advocaat years, we went with Alex McLeish (who at that point had nothing more than a first division title on his managerial CV) because we needed that reliable, steady hand who could just take us back to basics and get us motoring again, and I do think that’s almost where we are now. 

In an ideal world, McInnes wouldn’t be for me, and I think it’s an appointment which would divide fans, but he’s done everything he can in Scottish Football when you mange outside of us or them, and history has a tendency to repeat itself. That’s why I think he would be a cheap and viable option to the board.

Derek Mcinnes would need to bring not only himself but people he trusts to come in and run Rangers back to being a proper club which might be to big a task. Always liked the thought of Mcinnes myself and him bringing in some experience of former Rangers captains or players to help out with the coaching side of things. I know it's not worked with Alex Rae being there but I'm sure he's limited to what he can do. 

Clement seems like a hard character and maybe comes across cold with the squad. I do think having that good cop and bad cop mixture of manager and his staff is good for a player which might be out dated but if clement does go it's the best action and cheapest option.

We don't have the money to pay Clement to leave, so that won't be happening. I still have faith in Clement even if I think he makes a lot of questionable decisions. But our board is hopeless at everything they touch. They are all businessmen and probably wealthy at that, based on how they do their business at the club how these guys managed to make money I will never know. The only bright point from them is that they seem to have settled down on trying to sue everyone that breathes in court cases they are never going to win. At boardroom level, it just seems to be layer after layer of stupidity and calamity. They do nothing right from installing seats to giving a player a contract.

They have dished out these high-paying contracts to dross like Lawerence and Cantwell, these guys aren't going to leave, they won't find anyone stupid enough to pay the same. It will be like Borna and Lundstram where they leave once the contract is expired, and with any luck we won't be stupid enough to offer an extension. But let's be honest here, we cannot guarantee they won't offer them extensions. They have given Tav an improved and longer contract and a testimonial, for what, losing at nearly every competition he has ever entered. If this season pans out the way it's looking there will be an uproar next season when the announce Tavs testimonial game. I honestly think his testimonial will be the lowest attended testimonial any of our players have ever had. 

48 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

I genuinely think Derek McInnes will be our next manager. After multiple poor appointments the board will 100% play it safe and look for what they consider to be a no frills, back to basics, type manager and he ticks every single one of those boxes.

Just going to shut it down tbh. He'd turn it down, again. He's got a good relationship with an owner again which he did at the sheep and would look at how the board currently operate with us, and like in 2017 is clearly not good enough to match the expectations of the fans for him to be a success. Nor should he probably get the opportunity again, but his career and relationships have meant more to him than size of the club/risk of us. Fair play to you if you think he'd consider it but I think he knows quite well that its actually a bad decision at this point, again.

3 minutes ago, geronimoo said:

We don't have the money to pay Clement to leave, so that won't be happening. I still have faith in Clement even if I think he makes a lot of questionable decisions. But our board is hopeless at everything they touch. They are all businessmen and probably wealthy at that, based on how they do their business at the club how these guys managed to make money I will never know. The only bright point from them is that they seem to have settled down on trying to sue everyone that breathes in court cases they are never going to win. At boardroom level, it just seems to be layer after layer of stupidity and calamity. They do nothing right from installing seats to giving a player a contract.

They have dished out these high-paying contracts to dross like Lawerence and Cantwell, these guys aren't going to leave, they won't find anyone stupid enough to pay the same. It will be like Borna and Lundstram where they leave once the contract is expired, and with any luck we won't be stupid enough to offer an extension. But let's be honest here, we cannot guarantee they won't offer them extensions. They have given Tav an improved and longer contract and a testimonial, for what, losing at nearly every competition he has ever entered. If this season pans out the way it's looking there will be an uproar next season when the announce Tavs testimonial game. I honestly think his testimonial will be the lowest attended testimonial any of our players have ever had. 

If the fans ramp up and the base gets toxic like it has done before the board will find a way to pay him off. Wither it's paying him until his contracts done or mutual termination or sacking. The board will push the button if the pressure is on them and that's facts. Soon as the crowds fall and people leave early it hits there pockets. 

1 hour ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Not backing Gio properly after he took us to a European Final and then followed it up months later by performing a minor miracle and taking us to the Champions League proper on the back of selling two of his most important players. 

Sacking Gio and replacing him with a rookie manager who had about 20 games as a first team manager in his own right.

The board backing said rookie manager with millions of pounds to rebuild the squad a year after they refused to do the same for a manager in Gio who had actually earned the opportunity to be backed and trusted with a rebuild of that size.

Those three things all happening within a year of each other have completely fucked us and it’s going to take years to recover from them.

I don't think I'll recover mentally from that tit getting the job for a good long while, it's fucked us big time. 

3 hours ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Not backing Gio properly after he took us to a European Final and then followed it up months later by performing a minor miracle and taking us to the Champions League proper on the back of selling two of his most important players. 

Sacking Gio and replacing him with a rookie manager who had about 20 games as a first team manager in his own right.

The board backing said rookie manager with millions of pounds to rebuild the squad a year after they refused to do the same for a manager in Gio who had actually earned the opportunity to be backed and trusted with a rebuild of that size.

Those three things all happening within a year of each other have completely fucked us and it’s going to take years to recover from them.

that right there is a MAJOR part of the shit we are in