VAR audio

Nk89

20 hours ago, Faction Walter said:

The officials are mic'd up and recorded.

The watching replays of decisions during a game is done away with.

Ya fucking idiot.

Still waiting on you coming to 'cave my heed in'

It was funny because after you were intellectually battered the other day you hid and then today you emerged in the UFO thread and tried to make a smart arse comment then when another poster corrected you it was the usual..radio silence :lol:

If you want a repeat of the other day then feel free but I promise you this, tomorrow you'll be calling the DWP for an advance on your brew money to buy some chamomile tea because I'll make a fool of you that much and show you up to be the fucking idiot that you are that you'll be struggling to sleep. 

Thank fuck its nearly over...

20240912_173152.gif

12 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

Stayed away from this thread, ain't got much interest in VAR, expected thread to be boring.

Pleasantly surprised 😂

:lol: I was exactly the same, just read it now.

Can’t believe BABN has allowed himself to be mauled by the letter writer twice.

13 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

:lol: I was exactly the same, just read it now.

Can’t believe BABN has allowed himself to be mauled by the letter writer twice.

12 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

Pour one out for BABN 🍺 

wanker-piss-off.gif

3 hours ago, Faction Walter said:

To get the thread back on track, I don't know about anyone else but VAR for me has taken part of football away. The tedium of checking a goal for offside or a foul in the build up has taken away some of the buzz so would much prefer it was scrapped.

Makes no difference as the officials in Scotland are completely incompetent. 

point 18 - I feel I speak for all Rangers fans in asking that VAR be banned from Ibrox, I await your reply Mr Bennett.

3 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Given as a penalty then reviewed and penalty decision reversed.

This is the only angle ive seen tbf but it seemed goalbound, arm raised high and unnatural position.  Look forward to hearing the Var audio and Collums explanations for this one....

He talked about close proximity being a factor as well. Only explanation there surely. 

5 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

This is the only angle ive seen tbf but it seemed goalbound, arm raised high and unnatural position.  Look forward to hearing the Var audio and Collums explanations for this one....

We know his explanation "i couldnt possibly have a penalty given against my team at parkhead so ive instructed the officials to not give it, but use VAR so we seem less fucking corrupt" 

Given the penalty they got against us last season at ibrox, how that one isnt given is beyond me, 

3 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

He talked about close proximity being a factor as well. Only explanation there surely. 

Goldson was a bawhair away from the flick onto his hand at ibrox last season, still gave the penalty

Shouldn't matter how close the player is, his hand is up so he runs the risk, penalty all fucking day 

7 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Jumping about with your arms in the air should negate close proximity being the reason this one was retrospectively ruled out.

There's apparently some new interpretation of the handball rule which should reduce the number of innocuous type handballs, can only assume this one meets that criteria, not that I know exactly what the criteria is anymore.

16 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Tin hat on but I'm not convinced that has hit his hand. I think it's hit his shoulder and it just looks like its hit his hand due to his hand position, the camera angle and speed of the video. 

2 minutes ago, WWTC said:

It does though

But it shouldn't, so if you stand with your hands in the air and the ball flicks onto your raised hands its not a penalty 

Bollocks, you choose to out your hands up you run the risk

Can guarantee 100% if it was a hearts defender who done the same the penalty is awarded

2 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Tin hat on but I'm not convinced that has hit his hand. I think it's hit his shoulder and it just looks like its hit his hand due to his hand position, the camera angle and speed of the video. 

Seems from comments on social media it was directly onto his hand. It's possibly more the proximity that was the issue.  This is the only clip I've seen so can't be sure.

I'll await the sportescene gurus explaining it away 

3 minutes ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

But it shouldn't, so if you stand with your hands in the air and the ball flicks onto your raised hands its not a penalty 

Bollocks, you choose to out your hands up you run the risk

Can guarantee 100% if it was a hearts defender who done the same the penalty is awarded

Players don’t around with their hands at their sides. Goldsons last season, for example, isn’t given this season as the direction of the ball changes and hits him. 

Just now, WWTC said:

Players don’t around with their hands at their sides. Goldsons last season, for example, isn’t given this season as the direction of the ball changes and hits him. 

Players choose to raise their hands the tarrier defender wasn't jumping ffs, do you run with your hands at shoulder height? 

16 minutes ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

Goldson was a bawhair away from the flick onto his hand at ibrox last season, still gave the penalty

Shouldn't matter how close the player is, his hand is up so he runs the risk, penalty all fucking day 

But that’s totally irrelevant to this season.

They’ve changed the way the interpret the handball rule for this season, and was with the agreement of most clubs. Collum spoke about it at length this week.

Referenced natural footballing movement or words to that effect quite a lot. 

2 minutes ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

Players choose to raise their hands the tarrier defender wasn't jumping ffs, do you run with your hands at shoulder height? 

He fuckin spins and his arm comes up ffs, do you think he deliberately raises his hand to the ball? He’s less than a yard away and the ball goes back in the direction it came from. If that was given against us I’d be fuming, and tbh I’m more concerned with the fact a piss poor Hearts side have given them a better game that us. 

3 minutes ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

Dont care what anycunt says that's a stonewall penalty 

Taken from here 

Screenshot_20240914-162300_X.thumb.jpg.a7b9ca9fbdd647ce05d651ac3fadcd64.jpg

Not on target so that does change things.

I reckon the new rules which seem to rule out such close proximity will cover their arses for this one. Most teams won't be so lucky if their players have their arms as high and unnatural as that.