Board Issues

3 minutes ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

Thing is, king says we need another 50mill, then what? We spend that then 3 years down the line we are potentially back to square one with a wage bill we cant afford and no CL money

We just can't keep throwing money in without a plan, thats what got us here in the first place, when gerrard was hired it was "stop the ten" with absolutely no thought of what to do after it 

This is exactly the same thing

I think the 50m is probably a number plucked to grab headlines. Who knows what his "plan" is but logically speaking, it should be to capitalise on the assets on the pitch that we assemble instead of letting their contacts run out and replacing them all with overpaid journeymen. 

Obviously there are no guarantees on sellable assets and so on. 

It's maddening that we're basically having to do the 2018 thing all over again after being in a position to become self sustainable. 

8 minutes ago, RM Monitor And Standards Officer said:

He's a pain in the prick.

Thankful for what he's done. But he's a fucking nightmare and a one man circus 

Says it all when we're sick of the guys running the club, yet Dave comes along and after three days of his shite in the media we're all sick of him too. :lol:

3 minutes ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

Thing is, king says we need another 50mill, then what? We spend that then 3 years down the line we are potentially back to square one with a wage bill we cant afford and no CL money

We just can't keep throwing money in without a plan, thats what got us here in the first place, when gerrard was hired it was "stop the ten" with absolutely no thought of what to do after it 

This is exactly the same thing

See that's where we would need to trust the guy. Obviously he isn't going to put up that money but can he find a group of investors that are willing to bankroll the club with a long term strategy and plan.

Obviously he wants his shares gone but he is right we have no current plan going forward as to how we start being successful again.

If that is wrong and we do have a plan best that this current board come out and tell us what it is. 

2 minutes ago, AGM_72 said:

I think the 50m is probably a number plucked to grab headlines. Who knows what his "plan" is but logically speaking, it should be to capitalise on the assets on the pitch that we assemble instead of letting their contacts run out and replacing them all with overpaid journeymen. 

Obviously there are no guarantees on sellable assets and so on. 

It's maddening that we're basically having to do the 2018 thing all over again after being in a position to become self sustainable. 

We are £10m away from being self sustainable. It's just that we are extremely wasteful with money.

1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

See that's where we would need to trust the guy. Obviously he isn't going to put up that money but can he find a group of investors that are willing to bankroll the club with a long term strategy and plan.

Obviously he wants his shares gone but he is right we have no current plan going forward as to how we start being successful again.

If that is wrong and we do have a plan best that this current board come out and tell us what it is. 

You can't have a plan without a Chairman and CEO - so there is no plan.  They've fucked off into the long grass.  Just as well because they were pish anyway, to have us to here from 55, Europa final, Bassey, Paterson, Aribo monies. 

22 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

As annoyed as I am with how this is playing out in public I don't think King is wrong in what he says about this current board. 

It'll take us protesting etc to force the parks etc out if we really want a change tho. 

He's right in some things. Under this board we are pretty much sleep walking to the tarriers taking all our records. 

We do need more investment if we want to close the gap quickly. However we need a long term strategy that results in us being successful and sustainable for years to come. 

This stuff about Gerrard but is nonsense. King would have us believe Gerrard was forced out. It was no secret Gerrard wanted to manage down south. He jumped at the first opportunity to do it. 

1 minute ago, BlueKnight87 said:

He's right in some things. Under this board we are pretty much sleep walking to the tarriers taking all our records. 

We do need more investment if we want to close the gap quickly. However we need a long term strategy that results in us being successful and sustainable for years to come. 

This stuff about Gerrard but is nonsense. King would have us believe Gerrard was forced out. It was no secret Gerrard wanted to manage down south. He jumped at the first opportunity to do it. 

See this long term strategy - it's pish.  We need a current strategy that allows us to be successful and build on it. 

King could bring a Saudi consortium to the table they hate each other that much that I doubt the parks sell because it's a deal brought about by Dave. 

They all need locked in a room and nobody leaves until everything is sorted. This is our football club at stake here. The club they all claim to love well do the correct thing. 

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

I’ve heard a few times that the Park’s effectively forced him out, but also that after 55 he was half arsing it and spending more and more time down south.

Truth is probably somewhere in the middle. 

Not having that. If we wanted to 'force him out' we would have sacked him.

2 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Can’t believe folk are actually giving this credence considering he wants a vote at an EGM but he wants certain shareholders not to vote.

We all know why he wants that. He's simply trying to appeal to the support, not the shareholders.

It's not going to happen, he's not going to get back in and he's never going to be able to sell his shares.

7 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

Gerrard won one trophy, under exceptional circumstances, from 9 bites at the cherry. We were looking shite under him before he left. He likely wasn't retaining that title. Folk are harking back to him like he's Ancellotti.

I've been a big critic of him but he took us from back to back 3rd place finishes to champions, made us competitive in Europe and won 6 of his last 7 games against them. We were stale before he left but he still only had 1 defeat in 50+ league games before he fucked off.

Just now, Hadron Collider said:

I just like the fact that he’s highlighting the ineptitude of the cunts that run us. 

He is, but he’s also acting like everything was perfect under his previous watch, which wasn’t the case at all either. 

8 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

We all know why he wants that. He's simply trying to appeal to the support, not the shareholders.

It's not going to happen, he's not going to get back in and he's never going to be able to sell his shares.

The 2nd part is where I don't agree with the current boards stance teaming together to keep Dave out. As the largest shareholder he should be offered a seat on that board if he wants one.  The aye but argument doesn't wash for me anyway. 

5 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

He is, but he’s also acting like everything was perfect under his previous watch, which wasn’t the case at all either. 

You're correct but we where ran like a football club not a bowling club. 

4 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

The 2nd part is where I don't agree with the current boards stance teaming together to keep Dave out. As the largest shareholder he should be offered a seat on that board if he wants one.  The aye but argument doesn't wash for me anyway. 

That shouldn’t qualify you for a seat on the board alone.

If I won the euro millions tonight and bought out his 14% share or whatever it is, should I be on the board? I’m not qualified to be on the board.

5 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

He had a seat on the board and chose to give it up.

4 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

He had a seat on the board and chose to give it up.

He did but as the largest shareholder he should be allowed back on. The largest shareholder in the company can't get a seat on the companies board. 

11 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

That shouldn’t qualify you for a seat on the board alone.

If I won the euro millions tonight and bought out his 14% share or whatever it is, should I be on the board? I’m not qualified to be on the board.

That's a different argument altogether obviously he is qualified to be on the board🤣

1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

He did but as the largest shareholder he should be allowed back on. The largest shareholder in the company can't get a seat on the companies board. 

Because he chose to leave during a pandemic as he had other priorities.