Chairman’s Update

Good that there's actually some communication at last. Hopefully it continues. 

What I want to see now is action. We're a mess right now and unless this lot sell up they to need to fix it.

Get competent CEO in the door hopefully with a bit of experience running a successful football club. 

4 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

It is great to be back in our Ibrox home, where domestically we have taken maximum points and no goals conceded. Of course, there are some finishing works to be undertaken in the Copland. We continue to thank supporters there, who have been disrupted more than most, for their ongoing patience.

At its core, the Copland project was designed to create a new, first-class facility for our disabled supporters. It has been heartening to hear their extremely positive feedback thus far on the new disabled sections, with an enormous difference to the matchday experience for the supporters now housed there.

After a fantastic result in Malmo, we were all disappointed with the Europa League result against Lyon, but I was proud to see the supporters staying with Philippe and the team until the final whistle. 

The biggest disappointment of that evening, however, was the actions of a small minority of supporters, whose use of pyrotechnics at the match has seen the club fined €13,750 by UEFA. This is in addition to a €19,000 fine for a similar incident in the match with Malmo.

My message is the use of pyrotechnics must stop and stop now at all of our matches home and away! Not only could the repercussions become ever-larger for the club, many supporters have difficulty coping with the effects of pyrotechnics, whether that be the smoke or loud bangs they produce. It is desperately unfair for any Rangers supporter to come to a match and be affected in such a manner. 

Away from matches, and I can confirm Director of Football Operations Creag Robertson will leave in the coming weeks to pursue new opportunities. We must thank Creag for his contribution in several roles since he joined the club in 2016 and we wish him well in his future endeavours. 

With Creag moving on, I have seen some reports of the club being without leadership. I can assure you that is not the case with George Letham and myself, who have deep knowledge of business and our great club, working tirelessly alongside our executive management team to continue to drive the club forward.

Nils Koppen, our Director of Football Recruitment, highlighted in an interview last week that planning for the January transfer window is well underway. 

On the commercial front, Karim Virani and his team have delivered an outstanding new front of shirt sponsorship deal with the Kindred group, while we have been really pleased with the work done in such a short space of time, by Elior on the catering front. 

The financial uplift in both deals, together with the strong financial oversight and controls actioned by CFO, James Taylor will positively benefit the club going forward.

Of course, we are determined to fill the Chairman and CEO roles as quickly as possible, and our recruitment consultants have already produced short lists of very strong and experienced candidates for both roles.

While that is ongoing, our absolute priority is to support Philippe in any way we can to ensure the men’s first-team can continue to build upon the progress we have seen from them in recent weeks.

We must thank Philippe for standing tall during these difficult months and for dealing with non-football matters on the club's behalf.

Finally, my thanks to you all, our fantastic supporters - you are truly the most loyal support in world football. You deserve the best and we will do everything in our power to help deliver success in the months and years ahead.

107959149_313874242985319_1777796565174357024_n.gif

29 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Good that there's actually some communication at last. Hopefully it continues. 

What I want to see now is action. We're a mess right now and unless this lot sell up they to need to fix it.

Get competent CEO in the door hopefully with a bit of experience running a successful football club. 

Gilligan today.

Koppen past few days.

They’ll disappear again after the AGM. From now to then the soundbites and Moonbeams will be in full flow.

3 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Gilligan today.

Koppen past few days.

They’ll disappear again after the AGM. From now to then the soundbites and Moonbeams will be in full flow.

Koppen on cordoba - we decided against him as he didnt feel fully commited , thats great , why did we then not go after another cb with the same profile ? Simple follow up question surely 

I'm not sure what some people expect by way of statements.  They are always soundbites anyway.  Moaned at for saying nothing and moaned at when they do say something.   

Reference a new CEO, I'd rather they got a good guy in and not settle for some random person out of a job.  We have a CFO and a CCO who will perform as usual.   Gilligan  and Letham can make the decisions while the CEO is missing (and in the absence of the chairman).   I do find it strange if we are recruiting a chairman though.