***France vs Scotland match thread***

Poetry_In_Blue

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i just hope we have a good go tonight but at the same time be sensible so that we dont get humped!

aye thats true, a royal humping isnt out the question here tonight, we all know what happened after the good result v Holland, and the last time we visited paris.

I doubt we will get slaughtered but we have to be focused for the whole 90 minutes, because if we go 1 or 2 behind we could end up really falling to pieces

yeh i was thinking about those 2 games but remember that was berti :craphead: another key thing i was thinking about was that we will have to defend really well from cross balls. remember those 2 we conceded in bari? but im sure weir and mcmanus will have them covered and im hoping barry, brown and feltch can control the pace of the game in middle and add that to mcfaddens flair and willingness to go past players and then boyds magical finishing touch and we should be onto a winner :pipehorse:

MON THE SCOTS!!!!

man, thats just gross, and has no place in football :pipehorse:

:lol: Well spotted!

:lol:

fuckin typo :BELM:

I would be tempted to go with:

Gordon

Hutton Weir McManus McEvely

Brown Fletcher Ferguson Maloney

McFadden

McCulloch

McCulloch and Brown are both excellent at ruffling feathers and against this calibre of opposition that is vital.

Set pieces take on an even more significant importance. Maloneys delivery is brillant and he is good at direct free kicks as well.

Be great to see McCulloch up-front

I would be tempted to go with:

Gordon

Brown Fletcher Ferguson Maloney

McFadden

McCulloch

McCulloch and Brown are both excellent at ruffling feathers and against this calibre of opposition that is vital.

Set pieces take on an even more significant importance. Maloneys delivery is brillant and he is good at direct free kicks as well.

Be great to see McCulloch up-front

id rather see a finisher up front like boyd although mccullochs physical presence and aerial ability could be useful up front tonight.

My Team...

Gordon

McCulloch Fletcher Ferguson Brown Maloney

McFadden

McLeish's Team...

Teale

Ferguson McCulloch Boyd McFadden Maloney

McEvely Weir O'Conner Namouchi

McManus

I'm really looking forward to the match :)

me too. there is an air of optimism about the national team just now nd its great! remember when we used to dread these away games? :craphead:

2 or 3 years ago I would be dreading it but not since Smith took over and Eck came in. Refreshing change (tu)

see on the telegraph website the day, they had a probable team and under all players had the club they play for,

They had Davie weir down as everton.

U can add comments on I tried to add "typical lazy journalism from the english biased telegraph, so little interest in scotland you cant even do your research and get players teams right"

it didnt get past the moderation team fannies

Alexander? Strange choice at LB.

yeh i was thinking that aswell......maybe lack of experience with mceveley? alexander is rotten though! lets hope he has the game of his life tonight otherwise he'll be found out! :pipehorse:

Alexander is the weakest link,He does nothing for us.Hope he proves me wrong tho!

If your'e good enough your'e old enough. McEvely should start!

Good Luck Scotland (But I think the hype is getting to everyone.....could be a gubbing!!)

Alexander is the weakest link,He does nothing for us.Hope he proves me wrong tho!

Good Luck Scotland (But I think the hype is getting to everyone.....could be a gubbing!!)

Prabably will end up man-of-the-match.stranger things have happened. :unsure:

Prabably will end up man-of-the-match.stranger things have happened. :unsure:

Hope so.....Im out of here.....few cans of cider waiting for me! :beer1:

Hope everyones heart lasts the game, Best of luck!! C ya

Alexander? Strange choice at LB.

yeh i was thinking that aswell......maybe lack of experience with mceveley? alexander is rotten though! lets hope he has the game of his life tonight otherwise he'll be found out! :pipehorse:

Experience is probably why he's playing I think.