* The Generic Laugh at celtc Thread *

dummiesoot

• Replies 50.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, KingKirk said:

I may be mistaken but am sure during the Scottish cup semi they cunts had a bigger bank balance than us yet we still schooled them. Winning the league comes down to consistency whoever is more consistent will win it. Been that way since football began.

we will win the league

A single cup final means little in terms of a league challenge.

Better players are more consistent generally and you've got a better chance of getting better ones with more cash.

As I say, no guarantees, but you'd rather have it than not.

2 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

I may be mistaken but am sure during the Scottish cup semi they cunts had a bigger bank balance than us yet we still schooled them. Winning the league comes down to consistency whoever is more consistent will win it. Been that way since football began.

we will win the league

They had a diddy in the dugout. 

1 minute ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Sad too say but Brenda has made a difference to this lot, it's going to be hard for us this season

Delia was clueless. Rodgers knows what he is doing tbf, and I know he ultimately fucked up at Liverpool, but to come to the scum, basically with far more cash than any of the teams to start with, and a CL pot , and us just getting back on our feet in the SPL it should be cake walk for him this season. I say should as football doesn't always work like that but it's gonna be hard to topple them this season

6 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

people acting as if this £20million makes a difference to us ffs the title will be won in between the white lines on the green stuff not in back balances. We are winning the league chill out ffs

I agree. Obviously them bringing in that sum of money is not ideal but it only makes a difference if they use and invest it wisely. That is a lot easier said than done, and it could be argued the Sinclair and Toure arrivals were made on the basis that they were going to qualify to The Champions League proper, and in effect made to aid them getting to The Champions League proper, almost speculating to accumulate.

Regardless, as you say all that matters is what happens on the park. Whilst it won't be easy they are absolutely there for the taking, providing we reach the standards we are capable of reaching, and not only maintain them but improve upon them. This Israeli mob can't defend, pass, tackle or anything. They really are terrible and even then if they had a better final ball they could have created something a bit more worthwhile.

C*ltics windfall is only good on paper, for now anyway, and with the intensity, power, physicality and fatigue the Champions league brings, it could work to our advantage. Don't get me wrong i'd love for us to have the problem of League, Champions League, League but it is extremely demanding of all clubs, including the very best. The taigs are certainly not the best, they're not even close and as such this game IMO doesn't really change too much. We will be fresh and ready to do these cunts.............

37 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

The implication being they have more money to spend on players.

Good thing their manager has a good record in the market.

Lotta money to waste.

Especially after being 5 million the hole not 3 months ago

29 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

They've made it before and what did they do with the money?

Absolutely fuck all.

Forget the past. This season they've signed Sinclair for £4m and Toure on a free. They're instantly 2 of the best players in Scotland and if you deny that you're completely deluded

We're fucking trialling Phillipe Senderos ffs. What's the reason for that? 

Never mind competing with england, we can't even financially compete with those mutants in Glasgow right now.

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

A single cup final means little in terms of a league challenge.

Better players are more consistent generally and you've got a better chance of getting better ones with more cash.

As I say, no guarantees, but you'd rather have it than not.

I would much rather they didn't but it has no effect on us what so ever

4 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

we will win the league

I one off cup tie, we won on penatlies 

kinda contradicts your point mate 

It's just frustrating as fuck mate. They will have a big advantage this season is all in saying, maybe bigger that it's ever been. Will take a fantastic team effort from us all season to win this league 

9 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

we will win the league

Wait a minute, you were absolutely creaming yourself over City yesterday for pumping a team well below them, even claiming they'll blow teams away all season if they play like this. The tarriers go 3-0 up against a team well below them before half time and they're still shite? How does that work? 

Edit - I take it back :lol::lol: 3-2 now, ya dancer 

Archived