Kenny Miller Total Discussion Thread

McBoyd

Commending Bears for booing a Rangers player...that just astounds me.

It astounds me that it has come to this as well.

But now the Club is reaping what it has sown.

The Club, as you put it, has responded to the judgment call of the Manager.

Exactly. And in doing so decided to alienate the fans.

They decided to challenge us. Two fingers in the air and a big 'FUCK YOU' to the fans.

They must have discussed it.

Minty could have ruled against Walter, pointing out that the fans are the heart and soul of the Club.

That we pay for the signing and the wages and should be listened to.

But no, 'you sign who you want Walter', never mind the plebs who actually pay the bills.

There is just so much wrong with that in my opinion.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is he a better player? Yes

Can he lead the Rangers attack? Yes

Will he score consistently? No

Will he even play consistently? Yes

What's his best position? Lone striker in Europe, 1 of 2 up front in easier games

How does he fit into our system? Runs the channels, pressurises defenders, plays others in

How will he handle the supporter criticism? No problem

Can the fans put aside their differences with the player when he has a bad game? Hopefully

Not a world beater, not remotely close. But not the worst signing ever. Let's concentrate on the positives.

This could be a blunder Wattie will rue ! :sherlock:

I'm pretty sure it will be, in fact, I've pretty well written off this season in my mind.

Mate I understand and share your frustration with regards to Miller.

However, I think it's a bit premature to write of the whole season because of one player. We can win the league with or without Kenny Miller.

For now I think we need to get behind the team generally and move forwards. Sure, if the transfer and the season prove unsuccessful we can say we told you so. But, having backed the team, we can then say that from the moral highground and not be blamed for being part of the problem.

I know Frankie but that's how I'm feeling.

Not even slightly looking forward to it.

Oh yes we can win the League with or without Miller, but can we win it without the fans?

On winning the league with or without Kenny Miller, I don't think we'll win the league with the players we have - signings have to be made and soon.

they dont care about the fans, we are scared to sing because we might get thrown out or jailed, then they ban some of the banners our fans want to take into the ground. all the money we made last year and we buy cheap players that are just average, but as long as they are prepared to run about without any skill, that suits walter and to be honest the only reason walter got brought back was because he is one of moonbeams pals and is a yes man.

Oh yes we can win the League with or without Miller, but can we win it without the fans?

Personally I'm going through phases of optimism and pessimism with regard to the upcoming season.

However, no matter our thoughts on our chances of success, the fans should not allow their scepticism of one player to temper their support of the team. No-one would win out of that - least of all us!

Personally I'm going through phases of optimism and pessimism with regard to the upcoming season.

However, no matter our thoughts on our chances of success, the fans should not allow their scepticism of one player to temper their support of the team. No-one would win out of that - least of us!

Precisely.

The confidence of the team can be a major factor in this season, and one that the fans can directly affect. To that end, I for one am not going to do my part to damage that...then complain we didn't win what we set out to do.

To the people who tell us we should support anyone in a Rangers Jersey would you support players like Neil Lennon, Artur Boruk, Peter Grant and so on ?

Of course not.

No-one is saying you have to support Miller either. Just don't let your feelings for him affect your support for the team generally.

:)

There'll be full houses week after week again this season - and for every Rangers supporter more interested in himself than getting behind the team, there will be even more who see the rank idiocy in booing a player. You commend those booing Miller - even if that means it's more difficult for The Rangers to win the league? What kind of supporter would even consider being part of that outcome.

As for your rant that the club has stuck two fingers up to us by signing Miller - especially after the chanting against it - where would you stop that particular bandwagon?

Should Rangers have punted, say, Hateley, when he had a stinker of a first season and the boo-brigade gave him pelters? What about McCoist - Ally, Ally GTF was a particular favourite as I recall.

Finally, if The Rangers ever allowed the boo-boys to dictate signings or departures our club would be utterly dead in the water. Lifeless, pointless and devoid of direction.

To the people who tell us we should support anyone in a Rangers Jersey would you support players like Neil Lennon, Artur Boruk, Peter Grant and so on ?

Supporting them and actively booing them are 2 very different actions.

My argument is that regardless of how unimpressed we are as a support with any particular signing, it makes no sense to engage in any activity that is detrimental to the team.

How can we then blame anyone if/when it all goes wrong when we are guilty of not doing our job?

Perhaps I am in a minority but......... I know we will win the league

You certainly are, very few human beings have the power of prophecy.

'It's coming home' anyone?

I truly believe Miller will be a success at Rangers -- but only because Walter/Ally seem to bring out the best in him. Miller made a huge contribution to Scotland under Walter -- and looked very much the part. As for the part he plays now... well who knows. But it won't be as the main striker.. Surely -- even as Miller himself says -- it will be his job to get the ball, and give it to Boydy to finish.

That said, I think it will be more of Miller getting the ball to Velicka to score. In any event.. I can see this all working and nothing will remove the uncertainties about him -- and the booing -- like a couple of goals. But more importantly, Rangers wins with Miller playing a vital part.

Sure I hated him when he played with the scum -- and scoring against us.. etc. But we have to move on. There is no choice. We have to.

I have.

no point in booing him hes there now and we have to deal with it. I heard it was a small minority booing him and the most Bears in attendance clapped when his name was called for the team line up

Ill be doing neither of those two things.

What I appreciate about the opening post is a rational open mindedness about Miller.

We are all horribly skeptical about this signing, but some of us are willing to give him a chance. Others aren't, and I disagree on the open mindedness of acceptance of that - I think all of our players should be supported always, or at worse not harrangued.

I also emulate the point about why Smith took this gamble. It really defies reason, and my only answer is his belief in Miller from his Scotland days, which let's be honest, Miller did quite well during.

His performance at Hampden in the 1-1 V Italy was quite excellent - they went on to win the world cup.

But the baggage which accompanies this really is heavy.

Add to that his freezing out and subsequent dumping of Buffel plus some curious signatures in Lafferty and Velicka, and Smith is currently under the spotlight for many of us.

Now he is sadly here, I think am going to treat him to the arms folded approach, as in,

sit back, arms folded and say, "go on then, impress me!"

To be fair, its counter productive to boo him as far as the team goes, and, there is a slight chance he may actually have a hand in improving our fortunes (god that was hard).

I think our , shall we say, displeasure, should be directed toward those in charge, rather than the player himself. The club wanted to buy him, and, the only bit of credit i give him is he had the balls to say yes, surprisingly

I haven't read the whole thread, but for what it's worth I salute the bears who booed him.Until this signing I would have unequvocally condemned any bear booing a Rangers player.

One of the reasons I missed this pre season for the first time in a few years was that I didn't want to have to make that choice.

RFC have pissed on us from a great height for years. They take us for granted. We made it clear - we did not want this signing. 'GTF' chants at games because of a possible signing are unheard of to my knowledge - yet they decide to ignore us. They only have themselves to blame when the fans vent their frustrations.

They're happy to turn us into customers rather than fans, well maybe we should start behaving like customers.

What RFC will need to grasp is that the customer is always right.

I will never condone that.

So by your reckoning we should refrain from any signings which are unpopular with our support? The manager's judgement is obsolete?

This is not a path we can go down. I disagree wholeheartedly with Walter on this call, but it's his call and he will live or die by it.

I hate this signing - I hate it with a passion...but will it make me adversely affect the team by booing him? Absolutely not.

Commending Bears for booing a Rangers player...that just astounds me.

Best post this thread boasts.

It's not just Kenny Miller who will hear fans booing - the rest of the team will see their colleague being harrassed by their own supporters - and that will hurt every player, staff member down to the core.

How can that CONCEIVABLY help our team on any level.

Or are some fans so arrogant that their view is more important than the overall good of the club?

As JR said - we mostly hate this signing. Of course we do. But abusing the player and making the other 10 feel like crap when they're trying to win a vital game is just wrong.

I hope to God the Fickle Football Fan emerges and this crap is forgotten.

I don't see the point in getting into a big long argument over the rights and wrongs of booing Miller. Football fans are as fickle as they come and you can gurantee that with a good few performances and goals under his belt the booing directed at Miller will almost certainly fade and die. Right now there is still a fair amount of bitterness towards Walter and the Club but i do believe that when the season starts and everyone gets back to the dailly grind of the league season, all this business about Miller will be but on the backburner.

Sure, if the team play badly he will be the scapegoat, i am sure Miller knows that and will be determined not to give the support the chance to slate him. And the only way of doing so is by turning in good performances consistantly whilst also getting among the goals. If he does so then, like i said, us fickle fans will start to warm to him. There may be a few who stick to their guns and refuse to support him, fair enough if that is how strongly they feel on the matter. But i can gurantee that when Miller scores his first goal, 95% of the Rangers support will celebrate as they would any other goal.

I don't even really believe that the fans are so hurt about Miller himself coming to Rangers. It seems more a case of the support feeling undermined by the Club and manager due to them going against the wishes of the entire Rangers support. The relationship between the Club and the fans is strained at best these days and many simply see this as them being handed a further indication of how well the support is thought of at Rangers.