Kenny Miller Total Discussion Thread

McBoyd

Of course they are free to voice it - I'm just asking if they do voice it are they going to help Rangers? The simple answer is no.

Walter is doing this because he genuinely feels that KM will benefit the footballing side of Rangers - he will live or die by decisions like that - but that's why he is there, to make the decisions.

I hate the fact KM is here, and a small insignificant part of me wants him to fail so we can get him to f**k - but if he is going to fail, he is going to do it by himself. I'm not going to give him the excuse that "the big bad biggoted Rangers fans never gave me a chance." I'm not going to leap up and down at the good things he does either.

He is pish. I don't rate him, but he is here and I'm not going to turn on the Club to prove my point...

if I'm right, his lack of ability and quality will prove that for me.

Fair enough, that was pretty much my view on things but as the season approaches I find myself becoming more and more hostile to his signature.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I started a poll a while back asking if folk wanted Smith to stay. It was overwhelmingly in favour and the poll was laughed at.

If I started that same poll now...

Would be a good idea but perhaps leave it a few weeks yet or, not.

Christ if this thread is an indication of how it'll be at Ibrox I may leave the nephew at home for the first few matches.

:lol: The Falkirk away game could be rather interesting. Especially when everyone is crushed into that temporary stand.

I've only managed to get a ticket for Falkirk once in years and years. Don't think it'll really matter what game it is though.

This is going to cause real problems.

I completely understand your point mate. One thing i hate is when posters on here start preaching about others not being "real" fans because they disagree with their oppinion. Danny was guilty of it earlier in the thread as was a few others.

I would never EVER EVER accuse anyone of not being a 'real' fan just because they 'disagreed with my opinion'.

You're guilty of putting words in my mouth.

Don't misquote me, ok?

I most certainly am not mis-quoting you, Danny.

I'll paint this simply.

Any fan who boos any of our players or celebrates their failures isn't a fan at all.

Did you or did you not say this in post number 9 of this topic? Memory failing you again?

Like i said, nobody has the right to decide who is/is not a fan.

You're doing it again, misquoting me. This is one isolated comment regarding the act of booing. Nothing else.

Instead you devised a smearing and sweeping generalisation which strongly implied I believe anyone with a different opinion isn't a real Rangers fan.

Rather than the accurate summary of that post which was that I believe no fan booing Miller is a real fan. I inferred nothing else.

Did I or did I not say this in post number 9 of this topic? Facts failing you again?

So now we're judging good/ evil rather than real/ not real?

I wasn't using 'good' in an ethical context.

So if we list it as Uber Fans, Good Fans, Not So Good fans, shocking fans.

Where do you rate the older bears who will not support him? Bearing in mind they have prob seen what we could only find in our nightmares while sleeping while following The Rangers.

What age are you again must have missed it?

I completely understand your point mate. One thing i hate is when posters on here start preaching about others not being "real" fans because they disagree with their oppinion. Danny was guilty of it earlier in the thread as was a few others.

I would never EVER EVER accuse anyone of not being a 'real' fan just because they 'disagreed with my opinion'.

Don't misquote me, ok?

I'll paint this simply.

Any fan who boos any of our players or celebrates their failures isn't a fan at all.

Did you or did you not say this in post number 9 of this topic? Memory failing you again?

You're doing it again, misquoting me. This is one isolated comment regarding the act of booing. Nothing else.

Instead you devised a smearing and sweeping generalisation which strongly implied I believe anyone with a different opinion isn't a real Rangers fan.

Rather than the accurate summary of that post which was that I believe no fan booing Miller is a real fan. I inferred nothing else.

Did I or did I not say this in post number 9 of this topic? Facts failing you again?

Regardless of your opinon on Mhiller who the hell are you to say who is and isn't a Real Fan?

Of course they are free to voice it - I'm just asking if they do voice it are they going to help Rangers? The simple answer is no.

But the complicated answer could be yes.

Could be, but very unlikely - in fact it could set us back further...and all to prove a point.

That might be a risk you wish to take, I'll take my chances that not booing him will altogether be a smarter move long term.

But the complicated answer could be yes.

Exactly mate just because we have a current situation doesn't mean we need to support it until it goes bad. Just becuase Smith and Murray are running the club doesn't mean we need to give them our backing. Im sure there is a few pissed off Germans who felt they should have said no in 1933.

Don't misquote me, ok?

I'll paint this simply.

I fail to see how i am misquoting you when you just said that you would never EVER question someone's support just because their oppinion differed with yours. This is after you said that anyone who boos Miller is "not a fan".

In simple terms, someone disagrees with your oppinion on this topic and is therefore not a real supporter. Sounds pretty clear cut to me. I didn't imply anything about a generalisation, i was talking about this issue. I said that you were guilty of denouncing a few posters' support for Rangers in this thread because they hold a different oppinion from yours.

As usual you will try and wriggle your way out of this one but facts are facts and you have ignored them again.

Also Danny or any others from the We All Love Kenny Miller PC Brigade are you claiming a guy like my old who has seen it all with Rangers is no longer a Real Rangers Fan?

You didn't answer my question about Johnstone...

Sorry never put it in bold for you

Never asked him if he booed Mojo but this is Miller we are talking about and to compare them both absurd. Imo I hate the fact that both played for them but at least Mojo was a good player Miller isn't half the player Mojo was.

That much I can agree with. Johnstone was a fantastic player.

That said, you'd have been forgiven for thinking he was the anti-christ at the time such was the outcry.

It was way worse than this.

Thats because Rangers fans still had a spine then and stood up for things they felt was wrong.

So can you answer my question now? if someone like my old man boo's Miller is he not a REAL Rangers fan?

no mate your old man is like myself we used to all stand together and look after each other, but its sad to say that we have a divided support and will never get any better as some fans now accept anything.

Also Danny or any others from the We All Love Kenny Miller PC Brigade are you claiming a guy like my old who has seen it all with Rangers is no longer a Real Rangers Fan?

You didn't answer my question about Johnstone...

Sorry never put it in bold for you

Never asked him if he booed Mojo but this is Miller we are talking about and to compare them both absurd. Imo I hate the fact that both played for them but at least Mojo was a good player Miller isn't half the player Mojo was.

That much I can agree with. Johnstone was a fantastic player.

That said, you'd have been forgiven for thinking he was the anti-christ at the time such was the outcry.

It was way worse than this.

Thats because Rangers fans still had a spine then and stood up for things they felt was wrong.

So can you answer my question now? if someone like my old man boo's Miller is he not a REAL Rangers fan?

no mate your old man is like myself we used to all stand together and look after each other, but its sad to say that we have a divided support and will never get any better as some fans now accept anything.

Tell me about it mate. My old man hates seeing the bother we as group get and that no other bears speak out. Always says to me ''if we had stewards giving us lip like they do you, the Derry End would have made sure the dissapeared only to up in the Royal'' :lol:

Walter is doing this because he genuinely feels that KM will benefit the footballing side of Rangers - he will live or die by decisions like that - but that's why he is there, to make the decisions.

I hate the fact KM is here, and a small insignificant part of me wants him to fail so we can get him to f**k - but if he is going to fail, he is going to do it by himself. I'm not going to give him the excuse that "the big bad biggoted Rangers fans never gave me a chance." I'm not going to leap up and down at the good things he does either.

He is pish. I don't rate him, but he is here and I'm not going to turn on the Club to prove my point...

if I'm right, his lack of ability and quality will prove that for me.

I don't deny any fellow fan the freedom of speech. It's a basic democratic right.

I am not telling anyone they can't boo Miller. I am saying it's a damn stupid thing to do and isn't for the good of the club. And surely anyone supporting our club wants the good of the club.

How hurting players is good I don't know.

So now we're judging good/ evil rather than real/ not real?

I wasn't using 'good' in an ethical context.

So if we list it as Uber Fans, Good Fans, Not So Good fans, shocking fans.

Where do you rate the older bears who will not support him? Bearing in mind they have prob seen what we could only find in our nightmares while sleeping while following The Rangers.

What difference does age have to do with it?

If your father suddenly turned round and supported Celtic, would you consider him a RRF because of his past love for Rangers?

What age are you again must have missed it?

None of your business and don't patronise me, ok?

Just becuase Smith and Murray are running the club doesn't mean we need to give them our backing. Im sure there is a few pissed off Germans who felt they should have said no in 1933.

This thread is now verging on lunatic.

We are all Rangers fans whatever our opinion on Miller and/or booing players.

But, some would say, and it isn't unreasonable, that those Rangers fans who would boo a Rangers player are not behaving like a supporter should - based on the meaning of the word supporter.

Yes, you are still a Rangers fan - once a Ger, always a Ger - but whether your actions (abusing/booing a player) are truly supportive of the club in that circumstance is something that could be debated.

However, passions are running so high with some that any genuine debate is being lost amidst the acrimony.

Finally, IMO, to start equating Walter Smith and David Murray with the obscene evil that was the Nazi Party in 1933 is just insane - the thread has become lunatic.

Don't misquote me, ok?

I'll paint this simply.

Regardless of your opinon on Mhiller who the hell are you to say who is and isn't a Real Fan?

Who the hell are you to support the booing of Rangers players?

Works both ways my friend.

Just becuase Smith and Murray are running the club doesn't mean we need to give them our backing. Im sure there is a few pissed off Germans who felt they should have said no in 1933.

This thread is now verging on lunatic.

This is one of the more enlightening threads on here for a while.

Hey Parkhead.

I remember some of the nightmares you mentioned earlier. As with everything, there are still a number of Bears I know that dislike intensely the fact we signed Johnstone, even after what he achieved, so, those who dont like Miller are free to do so, I guess.

Am just glad Jim has gotten rid of that steak pie from his sig, kept making me hungry!

Eh? How does it work both ways im asking who are you to say who is and isn't a Rangers Fan not how you chose to support Rangers with the signing of Mhiller. If you don't want patronised don't act like a 12 year old and claim because people do something that you will do they are not Rangers fans.

Good post, Frankie (tu)

Kenny Miller will get my support this season. As soon as he actually put pen to paper, that was never in doubt.

The problem for me is not that he played for Celtic. The problem for me is simply that I don't think he's good enough. As already suggested, what does he offer that Novo doesn't ? Nothing in my view. I would even suggest that Novo is the better goalscorer, with around 25 goals I think during his first season at the club where he played primarily through the middle. Miller will never do that.

As for being a good provider, I don't see that either. Maybe when he has space to run in behind and work the channels, but you don't get in behind all that much in the SPL, like you do at international level. Teams will sit deep, and we need people that can play a pass that carves open defences. Miller doesn't have that quality, he's more work-rate than guile.

£2m is about right for me, the fee doesn't bother me. But his supposed wages do. I've heard he's on around 20k a week, perhaps more. That makes him one of the top earners at the club, and he simply doesn't deserve to be in that bracket. What happens if, like at Celtic and previously at Ibrox, he falls into being nothing more than a squad player ? We could then have guys like Papac, Whittaker, Thomson, Boyd........and others, all asking why they aren't being paid 20k+ when Miller is. And it would be a reasonable question to ask.

Have I missed the point? You are either for him or against him

Yes. You have missed the point.

The only point worth considering at that - which is how booing Miller (or any other Rangers player) will help the team. There's only one answer at that - it wont. But, some so-called-supporters are under the impression that to participate in working against our team is a good thing. The only justification I've read so far is: "I fucking hate Kenny Miller." Big wow. I'm no that keen on Broadfoot, underwhelmed by Cousin and not best pleased with Miller myself. None of it would put me in the right to work against our team.

Eh? How does it work both ways im asking who are you to say who is and isn't a Rangers Fan not how you chose to support Rangers with the signing of Mhiller.

Yes, you're not asking that, but I AM. And your support of booing has me feeling the same way you do about my questioning peoples' method of support.

Capisce?

If you don't want patronised don't act like a 12 year old and claim because people do something that you will do they are not Rangers fans.

Just because my view differs from yours doesn't make me someone to talk down to.

You're becoming extremely condescending, and I politely request you cut it out.