Kenny Miller Total Discussion Thread

McBoyd

Guest Andypendek

how can you say you would lose your respect for WS if he signs a player you don't rate? after getting us to 3 cup finals in one season, almost getting the league from a position of no-hopers 12 months ago, and generally resurrecting us from the dead?

i know plenty don't like our playing style, but that's a ridiculous thing to say. WS knows more about football than every one if us combined, if he thinks miller will move us forward we have to respect his judgement. unless we're saying he should go?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

how can you say you would lose your respect for WS if he sings a player you don't rate? after getting us to 3 cup finals in one season, almost getting the league from a position of no-hopers 12 months ago, and generally resurrecting us from the dead?

i know plenty don't like our playing style, but that's a ridiculous thing to say. WS knows more about football than every one if us combined, if he thinks miller will move us forward we have to respect his judgement. unless we're saying he should go?

I think other than any current Celtic player, Kenny Miller is the one player no Rangers fan would accept willingly as a signing - we have just lost the league and we're calling the management into question a tad.

To now sign the one player we REALLY REALLY don't want here would be a sheer act of folly imo.

Yes, Smith knows more than all of us, but that's not been enough this season has it?

Miller has been a flop at every club he's been at. Smith know's what the majority of fans think of Kenny Miller and how poor a player he is.

There is something far wrong if Smith can't come up with anything better than this. We'd be just aswell to bring back Filip Sebo, a guy who is younger, would do just the same job, be on lower wages, not cost a penny and create tention in the dressing room and stands.

Kenny Miller is only interested in himself, he's a money grabbing bastard. When it was all going wrong in the Ibrox dressing room he was the first one to run to the papers after he left Ibrox.

I'd have Miller in the team before McCulloch any day of the week.

I'd have to agree.

I'd have Kirk Broadfoot at LM or ST before I had McCulloch.

I'd have Jim Hamilton before I had Kenny Miller.

Will be Kenny Miller in a 'cut price deal' according to tomorrows Daily Record.

Just so happens we play in the cup final tomorrow. Yet again they are either trying to get us worked up or this is really going to happen?

If Walter Smith brings this bastard back to the club then I will lose all my respect for him.

Not only is he an ex-tim(who wasn't good for them) but he's a shite footballer, a complete and utter c*nt of a guy, a money grabber and a guy who slated Rangers after joining Wolves and rejected us to sign for celtc a few seasons back.

Walter of all people must know Miller is not wanted at Rangers, just dont get this at all.

Miller is NOT a bad player and would be a good addition to the squad. He has pace, can score and is a regular at inetrnational level.

Also IF he signs I, for one, will NOT be booing him at Ibrox or anyplace else. Once he has signed he is a Rangers player and needs to be judged by what he does for us on the park. Who gives a fuck where he has played before.

Smith's first piece of business after today's final will be the purchase of Kenny Miller as he attempts to rebuild his Rangers side.

The 28-year-old Scotland striker is to become the first player to play for both sides of the Old Firm and then go back to the original team.

Smith believes Miller, available at a cut-price fee from relegated Derby County, will give him the industry he has sorely missed up front this season.

But it is a highly controversial piece of business. Rangers fans made their feelings clear about Miller at Fir Park last week and, once again, he is going to have to win over a set of supporters.

http://www.<No links to this website>/sport/2008/05...86908-20427899/

Gordon Strachan is staying at Celtic after a third straight SPL triumph and will be handed £20 to spend in the summer.(Daily Mirror).
:craphead:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/g...ers/7418262.stm

Miller is NOT a bad player and would be a good addition to the squad. He has pace, can score and is a regular at inetrnational level.

Also IF he signs I, for one, will NOT be booing him at Ibrox or anyplace else. Once he has signed he is a Rangers player and needs to be judged by what he does for us on the park. Who gives a fuck where he has played before.

You've obviously not quite caught on to reality here...

The phrase 'Who gives a fuck'...do you just look at the sigs on RM or ignore the chants at Ibrox?

You've obviously not quite caught on to reality here...

The phrase 'Who gives a fuck'...do you just look at the sigs on RM or ignore the chants at Ibrox?

I do not care about where someone has played before as long as it was a good standard but what I find impossible to accept is the signing of a player who was a failure with us, a run of the mill player in the championship with Wolves, a failure in the premiership, and a failure with Celtic. He was invisible to a great extent among the dross at Derby and we should not be wasting money on this player never mind £1.6 million.

Guest Andypendek

can anyone see the positive sides to miller that might have encouraged smith to go for him? fisrt off, i should say i don't rate him that highly but i think he can do a job for us, similar to nacho but a bit better - i'd be hoping for someone classier but it's not up to me.

- being scottish he knows what is required mentally (doesn't mean he can do it, but at least he won't be baffled)

- he is familiar with the system and has shown he can play in it (if not score a barrowload)

- at 1.2m for a player in his 20s he represents a saleable asset

- while he struggles in UK football as a front man, in europe/internation level he has had greater success

in the end, though, i'd rather have someone better.

Not often we agree, but we're on the same page here (tu)

I've said it before, and I'll say it again (and again, and again...) when a player pulls on a Rangers shirt I will cheer him on, no matter who that player is (except perhaps Neil Lennon, I don't think even I could accept that!). I DO NOT want Walter to sign him, I think it would be a bad move for the club, but IF he signs I will cheer him on and will him to do well.

Some of us need to get off our high horses a bit here. As someone posted the other day, what if he scores the goals (or even sets them up) that win us the league next season? Will he still be hated? It's a sad day for Rangers fans if that's the case :(