What is the worst thing that is wrong with our team?

Canadaready

I think that the worst thing with the team right now is their lack of set piece ability. We have no attack at all off set pieces. Without this dynamic in our game, what is the threat level the opposition faces. They can cut us down with great frequency and will we ever make them pay...well...

I think that the worst thing with the team right now is their lack of set piece ability. We have no attack at all off set pieces. Without this dynamic in our game, what is the threat level the opposition faces. They can cut us down with great frequency and will we ever make them pay...well...

our lack of creativity in midfield. We have a number of decent forwards who all know how to put the ball in the back of the net but they aint getting the service. So many times we have possession but cant create anything. Last night was incredibly frustrating, we were getting the ball and just didnt know what to do with it and ended up hitting it back. Cant argue about the lack of set piece ability but we could potentially kill 2 birds with one stone as most attacking midfielders can hit decent free kicks and corners as well. We could only be one player away from turning our team around.

A lack of quality in the final third.

We had good possession last night, we win the 50/50's in the middle of the park......but once we work the ball into the final third, we lack a bit of craft, creativity, inspiration........whatever you want to call it.

I don't buy into the belief that Buffel is the answer to our problems though. Yes, we need that type of player, but I don't have any confidence in his ability to deliver. Certainly not on a regular basis and certainly not in difficult away grounds in the SPL. As for Burke, I think he's lost his way and I base that on my own personal encounters with him. Gow, well, if he was good enough I think he would have been given his chance by now. Who was Gow a year ago ? A nobody. He hit some form, signing him on a bosman was no risk to us, it hasn't worked out obviously.......no big deal.

Just a general lack of quality.

Under PLG we didn't have quality or fight. We now have the fight and so it is important that we continue to progress by bringing in quality players.

Who was Gow a year ago ? A nobody. He hit some form, signing him on a bosman was no risk to us, it hasn't worked out obviously.......no big deal.

I agreed with you apart from this part, was well known in Scottish Football and has good technical ability

Movement.

We're so static it beggars belief. Things improved a bit in the 2nd half but most of that was down to Naismith's willingness to run. The balls out to Hutton go straight to him or slightly behind him. We hardly ever play the ball into someone's path to run onto.

Aside from that I'd say composure on the ball. Lyon played excellent possession football under pressure. When they closed us down we panicked and humped the ball upfield or back to the defence.

The fans seeming undying eagerness to slate anyone who had a bag game and slag a Manager who turned us from top end wasters with McLeish an PLG and made us into a genuine title contendor!!

In terms of playing quality we need width. A pacey winger or 2 that will hug the touchline and take on the fullback! I think that is our main weakness that we dont have enough REAL wide men!

Movement.

We're so static it beggars belief. Things improved a bit in the 2nd half but most of that was down to Naismith's willingness to run. The balls out to Hutton go straight to him or slightly behind him. We hardly ever play the ball into someone's path to run onto.

Aside from that I'd say composure on the ball. Lyon played excellent possession football under pressure. When they closed us down we panicked and humped the ball upfield or back to the defence.

Aye, and movement in the box - don't know how many times last night I counted 2 or 3 players all clumped in a tight knot in the box, surrounded by a posse of defenders. Spread it out and give some options for targets!

We need to get 3 or 4 players to learn how to whip a free kick and corner kick this floating the ball into the box is no use. Also when we played barca away where i was sitting I noticed we don't make angles very well to receive a pass, we stand behind opponents instead of taking a couple of steps to the side to receive a pass, it was evident again in some of our play last night

This is not good is it. We as fans are all over the map. What the hell can we do with so many problems guys?

The brutal truth CR is that we HAVE ALL THESE PROBLEMS!

Much more than just set pieces IMO.

We do have all these problems but it is not as bleak as it looks. Sign a quality attacking midfielder who knows how and where to deliver the ball and it won't take long for our strikers to know where they should be looking for the delivery. Quality, movement and delivery sorted, soon the fans will have that warm and fuzzy feeling gone the negativity. Easy isn't it. SB for manager :harhar: :harhar:

TB hasnt even made the bench - thats the worst thing thats wrong with our team to me. Possibly the most creative player in our ranks, whose inclusion would allow BF et al to revert to their preferred and most profitable roles.

His omission has been costly.