ICT 3 v 2 Sellick FT

J_RFC87

IMO, some valid questions need to be asked:

1. Why did Chic Young of the BBC get involved in reporting us to Alan Dick in the first game this season yet didn't get involved today?

2. Why were a small number of Rangers fans reported to the SPL yet thousands of Celtic fans singing about the IRA, h*** and SOBs have not been?

3. Why will the SPL refuse to publicly outline individual terms/songs/chants to ensure any such problems are removed via censure as per their new rules?

4. Why will the SPL refuse to work with progressive supporters groups to that end?

5. Why do many sections of the media claim there is no agenda against Rangers (or their fans) yet only consistently write about the above subjects if it involves us and not Celtic FC or their fans?

Or am I paranoid?

A think the 5 questions you have came up with are spot on, in fact those 5 questions will be dodged and avoided each time, and nope, a don't think you are paranoid for thinking that way, a think many Rangers supporters like maself would agree with that.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Laudrup:

I sincerely doubt it mate.

For whatever reason, such negative media coverage of Celtic and their obvious sectarianism problems appears inconsistent and minimal. Meanwhile, coverage about the challenges we have faced in recent years has been the one constant in the so-called anti-sectarianism industry's criticism.

When it comes to Celtic, why are they strangely reticent?

Fair enough, some of our fans suggest we have no right to complain as long as our fans sing bigoted songs. Well, as far as I can see, since the first game this season, we haven't. Now, I want to question why we still get accused of having a more 'significant problem' than other teams while others who clearly are now the worst offenders are ignored...

What annoys me is the fact people are making money out of this. From publicly funded bodies, charities, journalists and politicians, all are keen to have their say when it comes to Rangers and our fellow fans. This sham goes to the very top of Scottish sport, religion society and politics.

That's Scotland's real secret shame.

Celtic fans singing about h***, calling Smith an Orange Bastard and chanting about joining the IRA. They truly are the greatest fans in the world.

typical, i heard the h*** bit but just turned the radio off when those tossers scored twice in 2 minutes. Was it on setanta today? I hope someone got it recorded if it was. I am sick of those bigots signing pro ira songs etc and getting away with it. We sang the billy boys etc and got punished for it (and rightly so imo ) Where the hell is the consistancy? Did uefa do anything about them singing ooo ahh up the ra???? Absolutely nothing as to be expected.

It really is unreal, Mark.

We can expect more sweeping to go on with this case of sectarian bile coming from Celtics finest.

Talking about sweeping. Have celtic got that fine yet for having nine men booked in the last old firm match?

Just got in from shovelling mountains of snow (we got belted last night and today) to see this result - WHAT A GIFT FROM ABOVE. I'll go back and read this thread, but have to say it sure made my day to hear about that game!!! That'll teach those smug bassas to gloat over our CL exit. :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:

Carlsberg dont do weekends

But if they did...............................

Gers play pish but get a sponny last minute goal (my christ that sounds like someone else!

ICT beat celt with 10 men after being 2-0 down :lol:

& to finish it off a bluenose wins the X-factor

:beer1:

Good points Frankie. I just wish it wasnt the case. For all of us.

Deflection, denial, they will always do it. Why they are not hauled over the coals, I will never know. There will be nothing in the papers tomorrow. :(

Same as always really, just got to let it come and go and ignore it, let them sing what they want, end of the day showing we are the better support is what really matters.

Good points Frankie. I just wish it wasnt the case. For all of us.

Deflection, denial, they will always do it. Why they are not hauled over the coals, I will never know. There will be nothing in the papers tomorrow. :(

Same as always really, just got to let it come and go and ignore it, let them sing what they want, end of the day showing we are the better support is what really matters.

We are head and shoulders above them Scotty, always will be.

We are head and shoulders above them Scotty, always will be.

yeah a know.. a stupidly supported Celtic in europe and europe only at one point, that was when a went into web development and got away from all of them, and when your locked away from it you can gain some respect, a hated them as much as anyone in domestic scene, but aye, being exposed to them after a while grew pure hatred.

A remember up at ma pals who is a Celtic supporter, Celtic mad, watchin UEFA Cup final, supported them for some reason, proud Glaswegian, came out and walked down the road, bunch a Celtic fans kicking and banging a bus shelter singing pro IRA songs, a had ma orange away top on, no excuse though, had ma head down and they were still shouting abuse etc at me, shouting the usual "you dirty orange h** bastard" where that got them a don't know. Pathetic to be honest.

A will admit our support are not perfect, at least we an admit our troubles and get something done, them? they attempt to brush absolutely everything under the carpet! It's like their innocent wee angels that have done no wrong.

1. Why did Chic Young of the BBC get involved in reporting us to Alan Dick in the first game this season yet didn't get involved today?

2. Why were a small number of Rangers fans reported to the SPL yet thousands of Celtic fans singing about the IRA, h*** and SOBs have not been?

3. Why will the SPL refuse to publicly outline individual terms/songs/chants to ensure any such problems are removed via censure as per their new rules?

4. Why will the SPL refuse to work with progressive supporters groups to that end?

5. Why do many sections of the media claim there is no agenda against Rangers (or their fans) yet only consistently write about the above subjects if it involves us and not Celtic FC or their fans?

Or am I paranoid?

All good points except No 1, Chick Young did not report us to Alan Dick, he reported on the radio that Alan Dick had reported Rangers fans for singing banned songs.

Or am I paranoid?

All good points except No 1, Chick Young did not report us to Alan Dick, he reported on the radio that Alan Dick had reported Rangers fans for singing banned songs.

Chick Young actually spoke to Dick at halftime in our game about the singing because the Beeb had received complaints from the MOPES. He said Dick had said he would keep and eye out!

Wonder if the papers will have another catchy headline for this game 2moro ?

super cally go balistic celtic are atrocious

any1 got suggestions to another good'in :rolleyes::lol:

"Celtic are fucking rank"

It's not catchy, but maybe the papers could suprise us and print something totally true.

I flicked it on during half time of the Liverpool Man Utd game. They scored 2 quick goals and i thought, damn they will win.

Flick it back on end of the english game, ICT 3-2 up and defending for their lives.

Was a great watch, edge of the seat stuff for the last 20+ mins :P:D