de marcus

woodyandbuzz

He's been ok. Nothing special in my eyes though. For a winger I personally expect a lot more.

I agree, he just seems so light weight.

I have seen McDonalds Fries thicker than his legs, 1 bad tackle and they would snap like driftwood.

...said it before...he's a lightweight who doesn't have the strength or bottle to really dig when it matters..

... Made my mind up when he shirked 3 tackles in the barca game right in front of where I was sitting ...

Aye hope the wee fella's OK, then scores a couple...so we get a decenmt price ...

Let's be realistic here we picked up a vastly experienced international player who still has his best years ahead of him for a mere £500,000. To put that in context you would probably pay more than that for fucking Jamie Smith or Ross McCormack: average SPL players who have next to no experience at all.

Wheater he is a starter or a substitute we got an absloute bargain when we signed Beasley and yet people still find something to moan about.

Already Beasley has already shown that there is little substitute for experience. The way that he won that free kick in the dying seconds against RSB away being testimenet to that and on top of that he made a more than decent contribution in terms of both goals and assists and I believe he would have carried that on had he not picked up an injury.

As a side point I honestly can't believe some people are coming with the whole "he's too lightweight" arguement, yet these same people say "Fucking hell we have too many hammer throwers in our team where are the flair players" It's about getting the balance right and Beasley offers the flair side of the game, while guys like Thomson are the water carriers.

There is a reason that guys who possess both sides of the coin, your Drogba's, C Ronaldo's and Gerrard's are worth millions of pounds and thats because players who are that complete are a rarity.

If you can go out and find a player who is built like Ross Tokley or Lee McCulloch, but also possess the skill of a Robinho or a Messi for the type of money we can afford then you should take up scouting.

Trying to please some people is honestly like pissing into the wind sometimes :rolleyes:

He has shown that he is a good player, but his decision making is his down-fall for me. He seems to be reluctant to take a chance and try to beat his man, and instead opts to pass backwards or play it safe. Sometimes, as a winger, he has to take a chance or two.

Still, for that money, we can't really complain.

He has shown that he is a good player, but his decision making is his down-fall for me. He seems to be reluctant to take a chance and try to beat his man, and instead opts to pass backwards or play it safe. Sometimes, as a winger, he has to take a chance or two.

Still, for that money, we can't really complain.

Fully agree with that. As a winger he is going to lose the ball now and again when trying to take players on, I would rather him try it now and again than not at all.

I have been disappointed with him, he did well in flashes but I could not describe him as a winger; his first instinct is always to pass the ball back rather than take on a defender, he is not strong enough to be a midfielder in the spl and not brave enough to be a striker. His strength is pace but too often he is reluctant to use it to hurt defences.

Let's be realistic here we picked up a vastly experienced international player who still has his best years ahead of him for a mere £500,000. To put that in context you would probably pay more than that for fucking Jamie Smith or Ross McCormack: average SPL players who have next to no experience at all.

Wheater he is a starter or a substitute we got an absloute bargain when we signed Beasley and yet people still find something to moan about.

Already Beasley has already shown that there is little substitute for experience. The way that he won that free kick in the dying seconds against RSB away being testimenet to that and on top of that he made a more than decent contribution in terms of both goals and assists and I believe he would have carried that on had he not picked up an injury.

As a side point I honestly can't believe some people are coming with the whole "he's too lightweight" arguement, yet these same people say "Fucking hell we have too many hammer throwers in our team where are the flair players" It's about getting the balance right and Beasley offers the flair side of the game, while guys like Thomson are the water carriers.

There is a reason that guys who possess both sides of the coin, your Drogba's, C Ronaldo's and Gerrard's are worth millions of pounds and thats because players who are that complete are a rarity.

If you can go out and find a player who is built like Ross Tokley or Lee McCulloch, but also possess the skill of a Robinho or a Messi for the type of money we can afford then you should take up scouting.

Trying to please some people is honestly like pissing into the wind sometimes :rolleyes:

beasley is really capable of something special and I think he would have been an important player for us against Lyon at Ibrox. He can do the long mazy runs but that is not always his style, he often plays further up the park and is played in behind defences, something we should be able to exploit given our new formation, he would thrive on one of the wings, especially on the right, cutting in onto his left. He is capable of those runs though as he showed at Ibrox against Barcelona when he got hacked down. I remember when he signed for Man city and I said to myself they have got one hell of a cracking player yet he never set the heather alight due to an injury and being played out of position but still managed a few goals and asissts, most notably against Arsenal and west ham, two goals typical of the style of play i mentioned above. Hopefully he can come back injury free for next season and really begin to settle, he is capable and we got him for a great price.

Another good thing about him is that when he does get knocked down, he gets right back up again and gets on with it.

I am from the USA & have watched DMB grow up as a player. He is one of the best players we have to offer over here in the States he is a stand out player on the national team which says a lot. The USA team has gotten better every year as the Scotland team has gotten better over recent years. I think he will be a fine Rangers player once he comes back from injury.

WATP

I am from the USA & have watched DMB grow up as a player. He is one of the best players we have to offer over here in the States he is a stand out player on the national team which says a lot. The USA team has gotten better every year as the Scotland team has gotten better over recent years. I think he will be a fine Rangers player once he comes back from injury.

WATP

On a personal note I wish him a speedy recovery, professionally I don't think he's been missed with Burke and Naismith both doing a good job covering his position.

i think he cant lace burke's boots.

beasley is a good player, but not shown it yet.

out with half a dozen worlds beaters, burkey is as good as anyone, and can get even better.

not a chance of da marcus coming even close, though an able deputy.