Charlie Adam

papaguy51

I go along with the criticisms of some aspect of CA's game posted here, but I'd rather not do so in an open forum, and certainly not during a game. How anyone can think that getting o n a player's back due to lack of ability or lack of form can help in any way beats me. Lack of effort or lack of interest is another matter, but IMO we can't accuse him of that.

A serious question --- If CA is so poor, why does WS pick him game after game?

Your stance is fair enough, but at the moment we have a lack of options in that department - thats why I think we need a creative midfielder desperately.

And if we sign one (or play Buffel) we wont see CA feature as much as he has.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what a credit to the club you are, whatever club it is you support.

adam has got what it takes - 2 goals in the champions league is not the return of a player who 'will never be rangers class.' he does have a huge problem, tho, which is that when he is off form the thing that forms the lynchpin of his game - the dead ball - falls to pieces and he appears just awful. he also needs desperately to lose some weight, be it muscle or flab, and learn how to sprint. but technically he has everything he needs to be a successful pro.

I think Adam is being unfairly judged at times too. I would take issue with you over his weight. I've seen the guy with his shirt off (I know, I know ;) ) and he doesn't look to be carrying any fat. I'm not sure about the practicalities/wisdom of getting rid of muscle but I do think he's just a dumpy shape and not particularly athletic...you can't learn to sprint. Personally I'd like to see him in the middle if he's going to play.

Even the St Mirren fans hated him, mediocre rubbish. Far to many rangers players can't link up play, show little aggression, give the ball away far to easily. Adam, novo, boyd, hemdami, papac, burke should all be shown the door.

Interesting first post, apart from Papac (possibly Hemdani) I'm sure all these other players have scored against Celtic at one time or another and all of them have definitely contributed to important games.

Even the St Mirren fans hated him, mediocre rubbish. Far to many rangers players can't link up play, show little aggression, give the ball away far to easily. Adam, novo, boyd, hemdami, papac, burke should all be shown the door.

Interesting first post, apart from Papac (possibly Hemdani) I'm sure all these other players have scored against Celtic at one time or another and all of them have definitely contributed to important games.

Yeah, Hemdani scored against Celtc in the PLG era.

Back on topic, a few people elsewhere are saying that Charlie Adam told Rangers fans to shut up on Wednesday night aswell. I know he would have been taking stick, but you answer back on the park. Treating the people who pay your wages like that is very disappointing, in my opinion.

Guest Andypendek

i must respond to gaffbear's criticism of CA's goals in the CL, esp. his goal away in germany, 'the ball fell to him and he stuck out a leg. anyone on here would have scored that.' totally wrong. he made a run, peeled off in a circle and arrived at the perfect moment to sweep home the ball. outstanding forward play and frankly of a level i would have thought beyond adam. as for his home goal, 'a good finish?' an excellent finish would be a fair description.

i don't think charlie will be a rangers legend, but i think some of the opinions in this thread have been beyond rational criticism and strayed into what seem to be personal feelings. if he's as bad as some think, he won't be around ibrox for long. if he turns out to be brilliant, all well and good. while he's in the blue shirt tho, he gets my backing.

I've seen alot over my long years watching Rangers and for all Charlie ain't the worst by a long shot i don't believe he's good enough to take us forward.

I have to agree with this he ain't the worst anyone remember Capucho? :ph34r:

Im not one to jump on a players back for the sake of it....but it is obvious Adam is nothing special, cant play out wide as he has no pace. Inside he looks lost, and is ver poor passer of the ball. the only reason he is still in the squad is due to the free kicks he scored last season - note he's not done much set piece wise this season. Bottom line is - he is very average, and I doubt he will ever contribute to taking this club forward.

Im not one to jump on a players back for the sake of it....but it is obvious Adam is nothing special, cant play out wide as he has no pace. Inside he looks lost, and is ver poor passer of the ball. the only reason he is still in the squad is due to the free kicks he scored last season - note he's not done much set piece wise this season. Bottom line is - he is very average, and I doubt he will ever contribute to taking this club forward.

I think CA is good on the ball, good passer when he plays it simple, i really think he needs to work on his consistancy regarding taking corners. some games he really shines for me, and others he can be off, I hope he gets his consistancy sorted out because I think he can contribute to this squad.