Cousin to Fulham

Muff

If we can get someone in who is actually going to contribute something more to a game, and I dont necessarily mean a striker, then get shot. Good return for a player I feel has not even justified the money we have payed for him TBH.

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we can get someone in who is actually going to contribute something more to a game, and I dont necessarily mean a striker, then get shot. Good return for a player I feel has not even justified the money we have payed for him TBH.

Your entitled to your opinion of course buddy, but I cant agree with that.

Interesting point on the radio tonight:

Walter only signed Cousin when he thought the Naismith deal was dead.

Playing Burke and Naismith on the wings makes me think that Boyd could actually work well in the side alone up front - providing we keep playing down the wings and not through the middle.

Its when you play Adam and McCulloch that Boyd looks truly awful.

Playing Burke and Naismith on the wings makes me think that Boyd could actually work well in the side alone up front - providing we keep playing down the wings and not through the middle.

i agree

and i think if boyd sees players (burke and naismith)playin crackin on either side of him then hel up it and play just as hard

but, is he sees players(adam) playin absolutly rank then boyds not much to be inspired by

sounds kina wrong/not true or what ever

but i always find that when i play football WITH good players i up my game, but seeing 'shit' players round about you kina makes you think ahwell f**k this

i think boyd burke n naismith would work:)

Boyd on his own? dream on! Walter won't even pick him when we play two up front.

Boyd on his own? dream on! Walter won't even pick him when we play two up front.

We agree here - Boyd isnt the type to play up on his own regardless of who is playing wide.

If Cousin should leave, and I think he will - we need someone like him in to replace him....and quickly.

Put it this way if the bid was for boyd it would have been accepted,Walter does'nt rate him

I don't know about that. I think we'd be looking for about £4m for Boyd.

It's not really a 4-5-1 though. 4-3-3 which allows a lot more support than Adam and Whittaker gave against Hibs at home.

Put it this way if the bid was for boyd it would have been accepted,Walter does'nt rate him

how can any manager not respect a league top goal scorer?

It's not really a 4-5-1 though. 4-3-3 which allows a lot more support than Adam and Whittaker gave against Hibs at home.

Exactly.

For me, in the current 4-3-3 formation, Cousin is posted missing far too often on the flanks and not in the box where he is needed.

With Boyd, this would never happen and for once, the lack of work rate might actually be a good thing.

how can any manager not respect a league top goal scorer?

Boyd doesn't fit into his system and why should we tamper with it for the sake of boyd playing

Walter see's him every day and if he's not doing enough,he's on the bench it's as simple as at!

It only works as a 4-3-3 when we have the ball, and then only if the 1 up front can hold it up and bring the others into the game. Cousin can do that Boyd cant.

Cousin also offers pace and power and can hit a ball with either foot when up on his own which gives us another dimension...Boyd doesnt offer that.

Boyd will be prolific only with a partner, the question is (assuming Cousin goes) will Smith play a system to suit the personnel he has...Or buy/sell personnel to play a system he desires?

If its the former, Boyd has a future at Rangers if its the latter, his sale will help fund his changes.

Exactly.

For me, in the current 4-3-3 formation, Cousin is posted missing far too often on the flanks and not in the box where he is needed.

With Boyd, this would never happen and for once, the lack of work rate might actually be a good thing.

lol would never say a lack of workrate is ever good, but i agree with what your saying, noticed cousin out wide a couple of times, once takin a cross into the box, no good really with burke and naismith in the middle

would love to see boyd gettin a chance.........FACT walter must see somethin that no one else on here does..or can

obviously theres a few rumours running around about him

It only works as a 4-3-3 when we have the ball, and then only if the 1 up front can hold it up and bring the others into the game. Cousin can do that Boyd cant.

Cousin also offers pace and power and can hit a ball with either foot when up on his own...Boyd doesnt offer that.

Boyd will be prolific only with a partner, the question is (assuming Cousin goes) will Smith play a system to suit the personnel he has...Or buy/sell personnel to play a system he desires?

If its the former, Boyd has a future at Rangers if its the latter, his sale will help fund his changes.

I think you're being harsh on Boyd;s game. There has been improvements IMO and Del made two good examples of Killie and Hearts last month when he played well for the team. Its a start.

I think Boyd does have some pace and power to get in behind the defenders as he has shown numerous times.

I don't think Boyd is only prolific with a partner. Yesterdays match saw Burke and JCD get to the byline and try to square balls into the 6 yard box, Boyd could easily finish those and be prolific without a strike partner.

Cousin also offers pace and power and can hit a ball with either foot when up on his own...Boyd doesnt offer that.

I think you're being harsh on Boyd;s game. There has been improvements IMO and Del made two good examples of Killie and Hearts last month when he played well for the team. Its a start.

I think Boyd does have some pace and power to get in behind the defenders as he has shown numerous times.

I don't think Boyd is only prolific with a partner. Yesterdays match saw Burke and JCD get to the byline and try to square balls into the 6 yard box, Boyd could easily finish those and be prolific without a strike partner.

Spot on.

Spot on.

I don't think he would have

Spot on.

I don't think he would have

If the passes were better, then yes IMO

I dont think Im being harsh at all.

I like KB, always have but Im realistic - its just not part of his game. Put him in a 4-4-2 and he will bag goals all day long, play him up front on his own and he is hanging out his arse come halftime.

Never would i ever say Boyd had pace and power and he has most definately not shown it numerous times.

As for finishing off moves - he will do that, but he cant do it if he has to run his nuts off during the game as the sole striker chasing down defenders, thats why he needs a partner. Cousin doesnt do much of that and gets pelters for it, yet he can turn the gas on and blast thru/past the last man (a la Gretna) and win it for you.

Truth be told I dont want Boyd sold - I love the threat he carries and he gives us another option when we need it - but he in no way suits the system Walter favours....

and crucially Walter seems to agree.