Buffels Ultimatum

Thomas Buffel has told Rangers boss Walter Smith to either start playing him or let him leave the club.

The Belgian international has made just three substitute appearances for the Gers this season and has not featured at all since returning from a long-term knee injury in the New Year.

The midfielder has attracted interest from a host of other clubs, but feels that Rangers' current valuation of him is preventing a move away from Ibrox from becoming a possibility.

Reasonable fee

"Either I can get my regular place back or the club should let me leave for a reasonable fee," Buffel said in the Daily Record.

"Rangers are still asking a high transfer fee.

"I hope we can clarify the situation."

When did he say this? And where?

Thomas Buffel has told Rangers boss Walter Smith to either start playing him or let him leave the club.

The Belgian international has made just three substitute appearances for the Gers this season and has not featured at all since returning from a long-term knee injury in the New Year.

The midfielder has attracted interest from a host of other clubs, but feels that Rangers' current valuation of him is preventing a move away from Ibrox from becoming a possibility.

Reasonable fee

"Either I can get my regular place back or the club should let me leave for a reasonable fee," Buffel said in the Daily Record.

"Rangers are still asking a high transfer fee.

"I hope we can clarify the situation."

Sky Sports site quoting here from the Record

(tu)

Considering Wattie said he'd get his chance I don't blame him at all. He must watch people with limited ability getting a game before him and think what does he have to do!

Yep,

Being out injured must be frustrating enough to but to watch some of the guys getting in ahead of you must be hair-ripping.

sorry .... but what has Thomas Buffel actually ever done in a Rangers Shirt to demand to be in the team?? the team is winning so why change it to accomadate buffel?? also , did we not accept a bid last january from some german club that Buffel turned down because he wasnt getting paid enough and was carrying a knock?? He then decided to stay with us to regain his fitness - he was more than happy taking our money for those 6months when he could have moved elsewhere so why the fuck should we take a loss now that he feels like moving?? as far as I am concerned either someone meets our asking price or he buys out his contract!

To an extent I accept the whole criticism of 'squealing' to the press - I'm not fond of it.

But I can entirely understand why he's so frustrated. And when you get frustrated it's hard to keep it to yourself.

I certainly understand his point of view. It is a mystery to a lot of us why he can't get a game over the likes of some we've seen (fill in your name of choice here).

I think alot of it is down to the similar problem with Boyd - Walter feels both players dont suit his chosen system, and to play either (or both) would mean changing his system....something he looks reluctant to do (hence the bids for target men).