***The Alan Hutton Thread***

gemzgers

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From a Spurs fan

But on the positive side, our boys played one hell of a game. Held on to the ball very well and controlled the game all the way. Also, Hutton played very, very well indeed. An incredible debut indeed. He has all the skills of a world-class fullback and also seems to have an excellent heading technique which is very much needed for our set piece situations at both ends.

Well Done AH

has anyone signed up for a spurs forum to see what they are saying?

I havent Andy.

I checked a few Coop, people are saying he's definately the right back to replace Chimbonda.

They also said that with that young boy Gunter there, along side Hutton, competition will be good.

Don't want to dishearten the Gunter lad, but that's absolutley no competition for Hutton! :lol:

Heres some views from another forum im on:

He played very well yesterday. defended well and bombed down the wing whenever possible. A great signing imo.

It was an excellent debut considering it was his first game for us, he was thrown in the deep end against Man Utd, and he was only with Spurs for a few days. We didnt get to see his attacking side much, but against Derby im sure he will have a field day bombing up and down the right wing.

------------

He is pretty tall to, so he wont lose many aerial balls like Lee did. I was very impressed the way he handles Giggs, Nani, Rooney and Ronaldo. At different times ofcourse.

Yeah I was most impressed by his defensive ability. Really look forward to seeing him rip the world attacking, but very strong, not over-awed and pretty good positioning and pace. Just looks like an overall classy, fantastic player for the next 10 years. Stoked with his signing, and when he settles in and gets an understanding with Lennon, will be a sight to behold.

--------------

Ronaldo was anonymous, so was Rooney, who Hutton had in his pocket. Hutton had an amazing debut. Very strong, very quick and won almost all of his tackles. United had to change their style of play so many times. Hutton came up against, Giggs, Ronaldo, Rooney and Nani but none could get passed him.

and the man united fans:

Woodgate and Dawson (and that bloody Alan Hutton...) were absolutely brilliant today, true class.

---

Hutton is a hell of a player, pitty we didnt even try to get him. He got the looks of a real united player.

All impressed and after watching his debut myself, he did not look out of place one bit, he didnt overdo it probably just so he didnt end up making a bad mistake but what he did, he did well and was unlucky not to get on the scoresheet or set someone up.

Tottenham Hotspur striker Dimitar Berbatov has admitted that he had never had never heard of new boy Alan Hutton who arrived at White Hart Lane from Glasgow Rangers for £8 million during the January transfer window.

He said: "Nowadays players arrive at the end of the transfer window and just have one or two training sessions before they play.

"I did not know much about Alan. But he really surprised me in training. He trained hard, did well and showed against Manchester United what he can bring to Spurs.

"For his first game he did very well and you can see he is a fighter. He will do a lot

for us and do a good job for Spurs."

Source: tribalfootball.com

http://talkingsoccer.blogspot.com/2008/02/...eard-of-8m.html

Ive been following the chat on a spurs forum and for the most part, they think hes gonna be great. Theres the expected one or two who think they know better and dont like him for no reason

We've all got supporters like that though <_<

indeed we do. which is why im pleased that most seem to be very happy with him so far

Too true mate, hopefully that'll reflect well on us and then if any other teams fancy sniffing around looking for a bargain we can say hey, pay the going rate, we can produce players that can handle your league (though it still is very early days for him!)

Ive been following the chat on a spurs forum and for the most part, they think hes gonna be great. Theres the expected one or two who think they know better and dont like him for no reason

Because he's Scottish no doubt.