***The Official Rangers v Hibs Thread***

Muff

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seem to be coping easily with Hibs attacks, but our play forward is pretty unimpressive. Fine finish by JCD, but most of the time his passing and the ammo provided into the box (especially by Broadfoot) is laughable. Movement of Lee and JCD in the box is practically non-existent.

pulling teeth, hardly silky football but at this stage its wins that matter, but saying that the goal sounded like a decent pass and blistering finish.

defence solid, mcshagger not had a thing to do

Very very poor says the pundit on Clyde.

For the hometeam Rangers are still missing that spark...

Still in that rut..

Too many players off form.

The worst first half the pundits have watched all season.

Barry Ferguson hasn't kicked a ball. McCulloch hasn't kicked a ball. Awful despite being 1 up.

Doesnt sound great atm..

pulling teeth, hardly silky football but at this stage its wins that matter, but saying that the goal sounded like a decent pass and blistering finish.

defence solid, mcshagger not had a thing to do

As said, I'll gladly take the goal - cracking finish by JCD, but Hivs will be well pissed off they let JCD score there. On the other hand, if we can score playing shite like this, it has to be encouraging.

My thoughts are we started off very slowly and have come on to a better game.

However JCD and McCulloch are out of sync. Apart from a great goal by JCD from a wonderful defence splitting pass from Papac there has been very few chances created.

McCulloch has been very poor as has Ferguson who does not look fit to me.

The standard of play early was bad but has improved and so far Hibs have been held in check.

All our play has been coming down the right through Broadfoot. Little on the left and then that wonderful pass by Papac.

The defence has been solid so far, but going forward - that one move apart - we are awfully predictable.

JCD falling down a little too much for me, but a great goal from a tight angle.

Bring on Boyd and a winger please.

Brutal - absolutely fecking brutal

Who to blame? Our manager who seems to put sides out not to lose the title - instead of sides who will go and win it

mcCulloch is fecking atrocious - AGAIN

how many central midfielders can we play at once? We going for a record?

All our attacks are petering out because of a lack of natural width to stretch the Hibs D - that Burke or Naismith are not playing is nothing short of a disgrace

Having said that, we are now ahead and perhaps the ultra defensive formation will now help out attempts to hang on

Hang on, against Hibs at Home FFS!

Even if we win the league, it will be a victory tainted in my opinion - I will get little pleasure from what I have been forced to watch this season - its been fecking dire from the word go - with the only except the few weeks that the cloggers were dropped and the likes of Burke and Naismith combined with Cousin and showed what this squad is capable of

BTW, my brother is on holiday with me in Chicago and he agrees with every word - we are watching the Newcastle game on the telly while the Gers are on the PC - and we are so far behind both sides right now it is not even funny

As I said earlier, we are controlling the game, moreso because Hibs have been very poor rather than Rangers doing anything special. Broadfoot is getting acres of space, but hasn't used it to any good effect yet. Hopefully he can do better in the 2nd half.

Ferguson, McCulloch and Dailly have been noticable only by their complete lack of involvement. Maybe playing Thomson, Davis and Ferguson in the same midfield isn't the best idea?

I think Novo will make an appearance wide right before much longer, moving Davis to the left side of midfield. Not ideal I know, but we don't have anyone suited to playing wide left with Adam dropped and Beasley injured.

Brutal - absolutely fecking brutal

Who to blame? Our manager who seems to put sides out not to lose the title - instead of sides who will go and win it

mcCulloch is fecking atrocious - AGAIN

how many central midfielders can we play at once? We going for a record?

All our attacks are petering out because of a lack of natural width to stretch the Hibs D - that Burke or Naismith are not playing is nothing short of a disgrace

Having said that, we are now ahead and perhaps the ultra defensive formation will now help out attempts to hang on

Hang on, against Hibs at Home FFS!

Even if we win the league, it will be a victory tainted in my opinion - I will get little pleasure from what I have been forced to watch this season - its been fecking dire from the word go - with the only except the few weeks that the cloggers were dropped and the likes of Burke and Naismith combined with Cousin and showed what this squad is capable of

BTW, my brother is on holiday with me in Chicago and he agrees with every word - we are watching the Newcastle game on the telly while the Gers are on the PC - and we are so far behind both sides right now it is not even funny

This is not an "ultra-defensive" formation! More and more top European sides are using this tactic, home and away, to good effect. It's simple really, 4-5-1 when Hibs have the ball, 4-3-3 when we have it. If McCulloch and Ferguson can't play in this system that says more about the them than the manager! doh