Imagine you're Walter and you've got to rid yourself . .

BLUEDIGNITY

From all the talk of one or two "quality" signings comming in, it leaves room for only one or two to go out. We've proved already this season that we need a full squad of players.

With that being the case, the players that can't get near the first team but who are on decent saleries will have to go. Buffel has to be the number one choice, closely followed by Faye and Gow.

The ones that have surprised me in this thread are Broadfoot, yes we need a RB but we still need cover. Would you rather see Whitaker there than him? Naismith, give the lad a chance to develop, he's still got a lot to prove but he has time to prove it. Weir, he may be on the verge of retiring but would you would be hard pushed to find a better, more proffesional, back up for the CB position.

Some obvious ones need to go: Sebo, Faye, Smith, Buffel, Gow, Webster, Hemdani, Burke.

Some relegate to back-up status:

Broadfoot, Whittaker, Weir, Adam, McCulloch, Novo, JCD

I would try and keep Cousin.

We then need to bring in SIX quality players:

Right back (S Smith/Papac for left back)

Centre Back

Two box to box midfielders

Right winger (DMB on left)

Striker

Will we change that much?

So we're agreed then despite the unbelievers Boyd must be kept at all costs ? :sherlock:

As Muff said, if a good offer comes in for him. We should then consider the future of Kris Boyd.

If he is as good as some people think he is, we shouldnt be short of multi million pound offers from all the top clubs around Europe.

So we're agreed then despite the unbelievers Boyd must be kept at all costs ? :sherlock:

As Muff said, if a good offer comes in for him. We should then consider the future of Kris Boyd.

If he is as good as some people think he is, we shouldnt be short of multi million pound offers from all the top clubs around Europe.

GOTTA KEEP BOYD! Great goalscorer and they are hard to find!

Faye, Adam, JCD, LM, Burke, Naismith, and Weir.

Naismith?? the boys hardly had a chance and for me he has the potential to become a very good Rangers player in the future

He does very little for me.

Adam,Broadfoot,Burke,faye,Whittaker........Brahim and Cousin if they want to leave.

If we have the rumoured £10-13m to spend we should bring in 3 or 4 quality players and get Klasnic on a Bosman.

Promote Furman from reserves.

We need a right full back and a centre half.Right winger and 2 strikers

I would NOT get rid of any first team regulars (McCollough, Adam, Burke, Broadfoot etc.) - get rid of all the fring players who cost wages Sebo, Faye, BuffelGow, etc. and use the budget to replace them with better quality that start to press the McColloughs, Adams, Burkes, Broadfoots etc. and they either step up or are shipped out next year.

I also cant see Hemdani staying but I like him as a player.

BD is having fun with this, i can tell! :pipe:

Looking at things,

Weir should retire, poss Dailly too (although he has surprised me) & JCD (not fit enough, doubt he ever will be)

Buffel, Gow, Hemdani (maybe) Cousin (if he wants to go), Sebo, McCulloch to be sold

Send Faye back down south, not convinced about Webster, seems to be injured more than JCD!

For me, guys like Adam, Broadfoot, Whittaker, Burke, Naismith are all capable, but, should be backup next season, rather than 1st team mainstays, along with Furman, Fleck, Lennon making a step up.

Cant make my mind up about Papac and Novo. 1 is reliable, the other seems to lift the team when he plays, so, theres something positive there

The core of my team, with what we have, shows (for me) where we need to strengthen, assuming all above go.

Shagger, Cuellar, Smith (hopefully), Thomson, Barry, Davis (hopefully), Beasley, Boyd

So, RB (maybe LB), CB, LW/LAM, CF as a minimum to make a strong 1st team, with a fairly young but experienced bench. Klasnic and Boyd would be fun!

Can understand why Gow is a popular choice, although he'd at least be a regular if it were me, as he isn't playing 1st team football and would therefore be considered 'deadwood'.

But its not going to be straightforward to get rid of him as he's on a 3 year deal albeit its 2 years after this season ends.

Depends how eager Rangers are to 'get rid' as there was interest in January from Aberdeen and Hibs but no deal agreed, if I remember rightly, as we wanted a fee. Likely to be one of the reasons why Joh Collins left, as he was one of his list of signings he wasn't backed on.

I'm sure Gow will have a few clubs interested in him. Teams like Hibs, Hearts, Burnley(Coyle is supposidly interested) Falkirk? Accington Stanley, Aldershot, Torquay, Ebbsfleet United....???

Got to be worth putting in at some point. Bear in mind they boys had more than one death in the family sice joing us so its not been an easy time for him. Once the leagues wrapped up we could do worse than give guys like him, Fleck, Furman and S Smith a wee run

I'm sure Gow will have a few clubs interested in him. Teams like Hibs, Hearts, Burnley(Coyle is supposidly interested) Falkirk? Accington Stanley, Aldershot, Torquay, Ebbsfleet United....???

:lol: Good one Muff.

Deadwood

Greame Smith- pointless signing

Gow- never going to get a chance

Burke- useless, spineless, sh*te etc

Faye- Loan expiry

Money makers

Buffel- good player but Walter doesn't seem to like him, also worth a few bob.

Hemdani- We've got good cover in midfield and Thomson's getting better and better.

Cousin- Would love to keep him but he's on his way out.

We will be playing in many competitions so I'd keep a lot of them. We need cover. Hemdani has had some very good nights. McCulloch plays for the shirt, you need that in the team, if not on the pitch. Burke and Adams I'm not too bothered about. Gow is still young and we might see Fleck and others coming through over time. Cousin will leave and Buffel should go eventually but Weir and Darcheville can still make some impact after a bit of rest and TLC in the summer. Two or three class moves by Walter and we should be looking good but there's a lot of work to be done.