Kirk Broadfoot

kkennedy

He must have known that coming straight into the role left vacant by Alan Hutton was always going to be difficult but he has done ever so well since big Al left. He has "stayed within himself" and not let the side down at all. On Saturday i thought he neutralized Mc gayday beautifully and although he got some crosses in, he never was a threat. Well done Kirk. Any thoughts bears? :rangers:

Well then you clearly didn't see the game on Saturday. Mc gayday is arguably the best winger in Scotland and I wasn;t threatened by him at all on Sat. He had a few crosses which he is always bound to have but he was fairly well controlled

I actually did see the game on saturday and i personally didnt believe that kirk did have full control of mcgeady. i wasnt threatedned by many of the celtic players tbh.

your obviously not open to the opinions you asked for mate. :baffled:

just not open to uninformed ones I guess.. so tell me when did Mc gayday actually worry you? when did Broadfoot get skinned? how many times was KB asked to run 70 yards down the pitch following him and then asked to take the ball and sprint all the way down to their end? All im saying is for a virtually cheap replacement to Hutton he was terrific. wake up I guess mate! :rangers:

I thought McGeady ripped him apart. Any time he got the ball he was able to hit the by-line and swing in a cross. Luckily for us his crosses weren't great and our defence dealt with them with ease.

I am still quite concerned about that right back slot. I think peoples sympathy towards Broadfoot may be clouding their judgement ever so slightly. Don't get me wrong, I would love the guy to do well. He just hasn't quite convinced me yet.

Aye ok mate. my opinion is uninformed and yours is full of fact. im not the only one who doesnt believe kirk is good enough. I'll take your advice though and wake up. thanks i wondered what was wrong.

:bed:

McGayday left Broadfoot for dead at times. We have McGayday's lack of ability, Davis and Dailly to thank.

I don't think Broadfoot was that good tbh and when celtc ran at him I didn't feel comfortable. A quality RB is a must in the summer.

I don't think we should be too harsh on KB for this game, McGreaty was getting past all our players on a one-one basis. On the whole I thought KB had a pretty good game, I wonder if Lowing is ready for another chance yet he has deputised in the past when he was even younger.

Davis and daily helped Broadfoot out a huge amount against McGayday.

McGayday got past broadfoot a good few times.

Really not a fan of broadfoot tbh, hope we sign a quality replacement for hutton in the summer.

Ive never been a fan of Broadfoot, but i thought he had a decent game on Saturday, and ocassionally he does look useful.

I'm wondering how he'd play as Cuellars partner in central defence, with papac/smith out left and someone new (and decent) on the right.

As i say, I dont rate him, but he shows potential at times and Walter's rarely COMPLETELY wrong about this kinda stuff.

People seem to keep forgetting, that not only is he not a natural right back but is a central defender but his left foot is primary supposed to be his strongest, so I think on those grounds alone he has been doing well, and he must be doing well enough that WS still picks him over Whittaker who is supposed to be a right back.

Thought Kirk coped well enough, but I think the main reason McG was shut down was that Walter had his tactics spot on and used multiple players on him to nullify the threat.

We've been getting the same medicine from other teams when playing Burke in recent games.

I am still trying to give KB the benefit of the doubt at the moment. On Saturday he was ok. I've been having my doubts about him recently on whether he is actually good enough. He was particularly bad against Partick Thistle and that was one game he should really be strolling through (as should the rest of the team). But as I say, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now. It would be nice to think that he could develop the way Craig Moore did. Remember he wasn't the best but WS saw something in him and he developed into a great player. KB does work especially hard and you hear about him spending extra time with the likes of Wier for defensive tuition.

We'll see. We do need a new established RB for next season though.